Real expectations from now?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Real expectations from now?

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:36 am

Wow new age fans are wank
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:16 am

Ah yes nobody is allowed to discuss our form. Or say anything even remotely critical if so you will be a wank new fan.
Going from 2 up to 7 down has been just fantastic hasn't it.
Isn't it all just wonderful at the moment.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:44 am

sheblue wrote:Ah yes nobody is allowed to discuss our form. Or say anything even remotely critical if so you will be a wank new fan.

Apparently not...we should all hold hands in a circle singing ''we are the world''.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:58 am

Must win at at Southampton no longer straight forward.

Beat Scousers game on

Lose to,Scousers game over.

All in 1 week and we are looking at 3rd place finish........ the above is worst case scenario of course.

WTF Pep!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:50 am

sheblue wrote:Ah yes nobody is allowed to discuss our form. Or say anything even remotely critical if so you will be a wank new fan.

This.
Saw this a few times this season, with fans point out that other fans are soft because they are showing how poor we are this year.
If someone wants a description that something is wrong, he should take a look at that miss vs Hoffe. That 3 vs the keeper tells all you need to know about how arrogant and lazy this squad is. After Palace, last night I would had been mean as fuck, trying to put a stand.
If anyone is soft, that is the players. There are no more leaders, no more desire. Mendy’s social media is what all of them are about this days, and here I am talking about all of the “stars” of the game.

Now, on the subject, with this squad the cowabunga cup is going to be a trophy we must win.
The league? We will know late on the 3rd
The FA Cup might be sacrifieced again, while the UCL would be joke material even to think at it. Let’s hope at least we beat Schalke.

If we can invest and FFP is not an issue, by all means, time to do it.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby The Maine Man » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:54 am

Crossie wrote:Many fucking prawn sandwich pussies on here need to grow some balls and remember 93:20. Never give up, pride in battle, fight to the end and we play our part too.

It’s our blip, it happens, it happened last season just later on. Better it happens now.

We can still easily win the league, scouse will flop at some point, they aren’t good enough to go unbeaten and be centurions too, no way. Watch them lose one then we’ll see who’s got what it takes.

This all day long. City fans saying it's all over are as embarrassing as the murderers thinking it's won in December.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby branny » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:32 am

We've won the league from 8 points down with 6 games to go against serial winners. If we lose the next two it's game over but win them and we're back in it breathing down the neck of a team that has a history of slipping up with the finishing line in sight. We're having our shit spell but far from out of it.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:34 am

City fans have always had the "typical City - if anything bad could happen it'll happen to us" as far back as I can remember. Not sure why people think that's a new thing. And of course can you blame us? Two shit players score the goals of their lives against US in the matter of days.

Just because people are being realistic it doesn't mean they're being negative
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:48 am

Fucking state of this place , its like a bin dipper forum gone wrong !!!
Mind though it was always heading for meltdown with the state of "some" posters on here !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:02 am

City64 wrote:Fucking state of this place , its like a bin dipper forum gone wrong !!!
Mind though it was always heading for meltdown with the state of "some" posters on here !

If you're going to dig out your own fans why bother posting on here? You obviously don't like the place.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:08 am

On reflection, time for a reset. I was getting a bit bored with all this winning tbh - the City I know is back :D
We just need another one of these
Watch on youtube.com
Last edited by johnny crossan on Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:10 am

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:Fucking state of this place , its like a bin dipper forum gone wrong !!!

If you're going to dig out your own fans why bother posting on here? You obviously don't like the place.

Some need to take a long look in the mirror and decide what they want from this club.
Progress or live 10 from the glory of a season?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:24 am

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

Some need to take a long look in the mirror and decide what they want from this club.

Exactly. We're not the same club we once were. The same poster above said we were the "best team in the world" a few weeks back. If we want to be the best team in the world we've got to beat Palace and Leicester. Bad days at the office happen, but as fans we're allowed to discuss them and how to fix it. It's what the forum is for!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:36 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

Exactly. We're not the same club we once were. The same poster above said we were the "best team in the world" a few weeks back. If we want to be the best team in the world we've got to beat Palace and Leicester. Bad days at the office happen, but as fans we're allowed to discuss them and how to fix it. It's what the forum is for!

I don’t think we are the best team in the world. I don’t think we were even last year.
My 2 cents, we are charmed by what we see in the league versus mediocre teams that do not exist in Europe. Even if I point this out, many are tricked by the Sky media bollox on how good this league is. They have a product to sell, they will make Cardiff a world beater.

I think we are in the best 10 teams in the world, but still a looong way before being the very best. Bayern, Real, Barcelona or Atletico are better and superior squads. We are a morale team, but with a very poor concentration level. So the obvious question is why? They have all the conditions to become the best. Is the age a factor? Are they still very young to win it all?

For me, at the moment, they look the generation that almost did it. They need that special factor.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Outcast » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:45 am

As soon as the transfer market opens, make a bid for Lyon's Ndombele. No fannying about. He's the only player comes close to Ferno or at least capable of covering his role. I think our recent collapse is due to Fernos absence, he's simply the pivot of the team, covers defence and supports our attack. If we are so reliant on him then the board fucked up big time, there should have been a contingency plan and should have been addressed in summer.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:33 am

Outcast wrote:As soon as the transfer market opens, make a bid for Lyon's Ndombele. No fannying about. He's the only player comes close to Ferno or at least capable of covering his role. I think our recent collapse is due to Fernos absence, he's simply the pivot of the team, covers defence and supports our attack. If we are so reliant on him then the board fucked up big time, there should have been a contingency plan and should have been addressed in summer.

10 out of 10.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby harveytravis » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:19 pm

sheblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:As soon as the transfer market opens, make a bid for Lyon's Ndombele. No fannying about. He's the only player comes close to Ferno or at least capable of covering his role. I think our recent collapse is due to Fernos absence, he's simply the pivot of the team, covers defence and supports our attack. If we are so reliant on him then the board fucked up big time, there should have been a contingency plan and should have been addressed in summer.

10 out of 10.

100%
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:49 pm

The league is still ours to lose. We have the best team in the league, the best manager and the best fans. We have been hampered by injuries this season, which has led to too many (forced) changes to personnel. That has contributed to players losing form. Dippers have had no key injuries and shit-loads of luck, from dodgy calls going their way to "Pickford-gate"! It won't last. People point to Leicester's title win but they had no pressure, the dippers will feel it more as "their year" gets closer. Then they'll crack. Keep on their tails until then and our class will prevail.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Nick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:35 am

My post was aimed at the whole "title is gone " bollocks in December FFS short memories.

Yes we've been shite for a month a d the players and boss don't look arsed. Fix up!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:52 pm

Have we actually played well yet this season? I mean really well for a whole match. No doubt at all we have had some top spells in some games but I can't recall playing that great throughout a game. Games we have won have had some dodgy moments where , if the opposition had fiished brilliantly, we could have gone a goal down or been pegged back to level.

It seems to me that what has happened recently is that we have carried on playing quite well, even if with some intensity missing and missing some chances, but the opposition score with their first attempt and maybe even a worldie.

At Chelsea we were totally outplaying them albeit with limited really decent chances and they break away and score with the first attack that gets into our box.

Not too dissimilar v Palace. we were much the better side ( but nowhere near our best), then came mistakes and a worldie.

Then Leicester. Looking good , got a goal up and were totally dominating but again the first attack and its an equaliser. 2 mistakes ( Dean and Delph) Then another screamer and we lose despite the commentator I heard say City are totally dominant and the Leicester resistance must be so frustrating to City.

The worrying thing is no clean sheets now for what seems an age and when we do concede we seem to be all over the place for a while and too many chances are conceded.

If we lose to Soton ( we won't) it really is wheels off time so we need to steady the ship ready to beat the dippers. We can beat Liverpool as I still feel we are the better team but we have to start showing it again and we need all our best players to start showing closer to their best form again. That's not just the odd player either but pretty well all of them.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum