Dont Forget How Good We Are

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Dont Forget How Good We Are

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:11 am

Pep has tinkered with the dynamics of our team over the Christmas period , he has had his hand forced by injuries and a couple of players losing their form but that is what happens over a season . 1 point from the last 3 PL games is our worst run of form for around 3 years , we will get back on track players are coming back from injury Pep will revert to the tried and trusted dynamic model . It is obvious Pep has learnt a great a deal about our "fringe" players the last few weeks and the outstanding factors that we cannot operate properly without Fernandinho and the glaring weakness of LB and to an extent RB . Even great teams lack confidence from time to time they all look a bit lost right now but great teams come back fighting don't they ......... roll on 2019 C`mon you blues CTID .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Dont Forget How Good We Are

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:12 pm

I'm not forgetting, we are still an awesome team with players coming back I can see there being only one trajectory. But, let's not forget, Dippers and Spuds are having their best Pl season ever which goes someway to explaining why they are above us; also remembering that we heat Spurs and drew with Dippers at theirs.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'm not forgetting, we are still an awesome team with players coming back I can see there being only one trajectory. But, let's not forget, Dippers and Spuds are having their best Pl season ever which goes someway to explaining why they are above us; also remembering that we heat Spurs and drew with Dippers at theirs.

Spurs also putting pressure on the bin dippers makes things more interesting and probably even harder for them to focus . Our last years precession with record points and goals will deffo be a one off never to be repeated achievement . If this seasons title goes to the wire I think we would be most bookies favourites . Just watched a couple of interviews with Klopp and the cunt is already in denial trying to take the pressure off his players and its still only December lol . The bin dippers are their own worst enemy , Spurs just get on with it and we are better than both when we are on it with most of our players fit . Its going to be one of those seasons !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Compared to this point last season, Manchester City are down 11 points and two places.

To repeat the 100-point achievement of 2017/18, City would have to win every game for the rest of the season.

just sayin’
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:Compared to this point last season, Manchester City are down 11 points and two places.

To repeat the 100-point achievement of 2017/18, City would have to win every game for the rest of the season.

just sayin’

If you didn't already have my vote for legend status in Off Topic you'd have it now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:Compared to this point last season, Manchester City are down 11 points and two places.

just sayin’

If you didn't already have my vote for legend status in Off Topic you'd have it now.

Somewhere around 85 points usually wins the PL title . So your point is we have to get 100 points every season ? Your being stupid right ? Oh wait a minute .....
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dimples » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Points tally of previous PL champions: 100 93 81 87 86 89 89 80 86........

88 points will be our total if we match our first half total of 44 points. So normally we would be in pole position to retain the PL title. BUT
102 points will be Liverpool's total if they match their first half total of 51 points (So was last season's total of 100 a once of?)
That would be a 14 point difference!!!
That is exceptional form from Liverpool - it really is and should be acknowledged. If they keep that up they will deserve the title.

A win on Thursday is mandatory for us. Then we need to up our game and they need to stutter.
I have seen no sign of either happening. We are not playing well and they do not look like faltering. We play Arsenal and Chelsea in early Feb.....
Any hiccups there and our focus will shift to the CL and Liverpool's will stay firmly focused on the PL

So to me the bookies odds of Liverpool at 1/2 to win the PL and us at 2/1 is accurate.

Crazy thing is it could all change in an instant. If Van Dyke or Salah get injured....and Kev gets back to his best....
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:35 am

just sayin’

What the fuck is that; what point is being made!? Furthermore, why are you 'just sayin'?

Are we expecting us to do the 100 points thing again, an achievement that has only ever been made once in top flight history? It actually looks like you are gloating.

I don't get it at all, struck up there in big red writing. Have I missed something; please explain because that post has just made me fucking angry!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

just sayin’

What the fuck is that; what point is being made!? Furthermore, why are you 'just sayin'?

Are we expecting us to do the 100 points thing again, an achievement that has only ever been made once in top flight history? It actually looks like you are gloating.

I don't get it at all, struck up there in big red writing. Have I missed something; please explain because that post has just made me fucking angry!

you’re angry? i’m fucking livid that we haven’t kicked on from last year! get that injuries haven’t helped but we should also have strengthened the squad properly in the summer, not just buying riyad fucking meh!rez who we didn’t fucking need in the first place...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

just sayin’

you’re angry? i’m fucking livid that we haven’t kicked on from last year! get that injuries haven’t helped but we should also have strengthened the squad properly in the summer, not just buying riyad fucking meh!rez who we didn’t fucking need in the first place...

I've no issue with Mahrez but I agree we needed at least two more quality players, partly to plug gaps in the squad, but mainly to increase competition - our and other club's records have shown that, if you don't, a title-winning squad drops off slightly the following season, just enough to come up short in the title race.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:27 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

just sayin’

Unprecedented. Not good enough for our immutable recusant antagonistic perpetual moaning cunt from Surrey though . Less bottle than a bin dipper aswell , absolute state of the cunt !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

just sayin’

I've no issue with Mahrez but I agree we needed at least two more quality players, partly to plug gaps in the squad, but mainly to increase competition - our and other club's records have shown that, if you don't, a title-winning squad drops off slightly the following season, just enough to come up short in the title race.

Fernandinho's position was a fundamental purchase that we didn't make - this is one of the reasons we lost a few games recently.

He's the most important cog in the wheel.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:45 pm

With all due respect expecting us to repeat or improve on a 100 point season is beyond mad.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:39 pm

sheblue wrote:With all due respect expecting us to repeat or improve on a 100 point season is beyond mad.

How is it mad expecting us to do as well as our previous season? Unless we're saying last season was a fluke.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:41 pm

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:With all due respect expecting us to repeat or improve on a 100 point season is beyond mad.

How is it mad expecting us to do as well as our previous season? Unless we're saying last season was a fluke.

Most successful season so far was Mancini's - that's what PeP has to beat.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

just sayin’

Interesting. Are you under the impression that we aren't constrained by FFP?

Even more interesting is that we were top of the league until we lost too many key players. How do you replace the likes of De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero or Fernandinho in the current market? We went up to 60 ish million for Jorginho, who turned us down, so where do we go after that; expecting top players to sit on the bench when those mentioned come back in?

I get that we can get pissed off with losing but to expect 100 points every season, when it's only ever been done once, just comes across as barmy to me.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

just sayin’

Even more interesting is that we were top of the league until we lost too many key players. How do you replace the likes of De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero or Fernandinho in the current market? We went up to 60 ish million for Jorginho, who turned us down, so where do we go after that; expecting top players to sit on the bench when those mentioned come back in?

I get that we can get pissed off with losing but to expect 100 points every season, when it's only ever been done once, just comes across as barmy to me.

not sure where your ffp argument is coming from - we were in for meh!rez and jorginho in the summer so money was clearly available. we should have done a better job of bolstering the squad than did.

and i'm not expecting 100 points. just pointing out that we were 11 points behind the total we had at the halfway point last season and that to reach last season's total we'd have to go on the most ridiculous winning streak ever. what pisses me off is that we have a rival who could break our record a year after we set it...
Last edited by Nigels Tackle on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby bigblue » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:you’re angry? i’m fucking livid that we haven’t kicked on from last year! get that injuries haven’t helped but we should also have strengthened the squad properly in the summer, not just buying riyad fucking meh!rez who we didn’t fucking need in the first place...

I'm fully in support of our recent transfer windows where we don't buy anyone if our top targets aren't available. We've bought too much waste by going for the next best player at the last minute in past years.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:23 pm

bigblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:you’re angry? i’m fucking livid that we haven’t kicked on from last year! get that injuries haven’t helped but we should also have strengthened the squad properly in the summer, not just buying riyad fucking meh!rez who we didn’t fucking need in the first place...

I'm fully in support of our recent transfer windows where we don't buy anyone if our top targets aren't available. We've bought too much waste by going for the next best player at the last minute in past years.

hang on.... this time last year we were in for sanchez. he went to the rags so we went in for meh!rez at the last minute. that failed in jan but we still signed him in the summer. surely we time to find a better alternative with the 6 months that passed before he eventually did sign?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:11 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

just sayin’

not sure where your ffp argument is coming from - we were in for meh!rez and jorginho in the summer so money was clearly available. we should have done a better job of bolstering the squad than did.

and i'm not expecting 100 points. just pointing out that we were 11 points behind the total we had at the halfway point last season and that to reach last season's total we'd have to go on the most ridiculous winning streak ever. what pisses me off is that we have a rival who could break our record a year after we set it...

No need to explain, mate.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum