What does Gundogan actually do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What does Gundogan actually do?

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:11 pm

Gundo scores again v Scousers 1-0
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Gundo scores again v Scousers 1-0

and meh!rez makes it 2-0
get in!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby patrickblue » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:He has a lot of skill, which we see now and again, but he has absolutely no drive whatsoever, you never see him running at the opposition, I’m not keen and he’s had plenty of time, play Foden instead.

To be fair to Gundo, it's not his game to run at the oppo.

I'd love to see a bit more from him, but he's not been our worst player over the last few weeks. Like I said, he's a decent squad player.

Well said Mase.

Fed up with these witch hunts.

I’m not witch hunting, just saying that I’m not impressed despite his obvious skills (praise). Ferna is a defensive midfielder, but drives at the opponent and goes past players, why on Earth is it not Gundo’s job to drive at players, time and time again you see him with the ball at his feet in space and he almost always goes for the easy side pass, I just urge him to have more ambition and we’d see a very different player, I repeat it’s not a witch hunt just an observation !

Wasn't really accusing you particularly, it was just the fact Mase quoted you in his reply. It's just every time something goes wrong (and quite often when it doesn't) there's always a scapegoat. Gundo's been getting loads of shit on here, and I really don't think he deserves it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:38 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:He has a lot of skill, which we see now and again, but he has absolutely no drive whatsoever, you never see him running at the opposition, I’m not keen and he’s had plenty of time, play Foden instead.

I'd love to see a bit more from him, but he's not been our worst player over the last few weeks. Like I said, he's a decent squad player.

Well said Mase.

I’m not witch hunting, just saying that I’m not impressed despite his obvious skills (praise). Ferna is a defensive midfielder, but drives at the opponent and goes past players, why on Earth is it not Gundo’s job to drive at players, time and time again you see him with the ball at his feet in space and he almost always goes for the easy side pass, I just urge him to have more ambition and we’d see a very different player, I repeat it’s not a witch hunt just an observation !

Wasn't really accusing you particularly, it was just the fact Mase quoted you in his reply. It's just every time something goes wrong (and quite often when it doesn't) there's always a scapegoat. Gundo's been getting loads of shit on here, and I really don't think he deserves it.

Well Walker and PeP are on my shit list right now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby patrickblue » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Well said Mase.

Well Walker and PeP are on my shit list right now.

Me too, but being on the shit list because they fucked up isn't the same as the constant slagging.
Every time we have a shit game, win lose or draw, there's always a few singling out Gundo.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:03 am

I think "bang average" is a very fair description. We are always poorer for having him in the side is the honest truth.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:04 am

Not just average then?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:00 am

And Delph is going under the radar, he is a liability with one foot which is average at best.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:24 am

Hazy2 wrote:And Delph is going under the radar, he is a liability with one foot which is average at best.

and sane and sterling are pretty inconsistent, both have a run of 5-10 good games followed by a similar number of shit games.

do we actually have any consistently good players??!?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby mr_nool » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:55 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:And Delph is going under the radar, he is a liability with one foot which is average at best.

and sane and sterling are pretty inconsistent, both have a run of 5-10 good games followed by a similar number of shit games.

We were pretty consistent last season.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:27 am

mr_nool wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

collectively yes, individually no. all the players had a wobble at some point(s) last season. all the slumps this year seem to have coincided with each other.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby mr_nool » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:46 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

collectively yes, individually no. all the players had a wobble at some point(s) last season. all the slumps this year seem to have coincided with each other.

Are there any constantly good players? All players suffers dips in form, injuries, dryspells etc.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:49 am

mr_nool wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Are there any constantly good players? All players suffers dips in form, injuries, dryspells etc.

of course not. point i am making is that all of our dips in form, injuries and dry spells have all arrived at the same time this season.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby mr_nool » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:59 am

That I agree with. Whether it's down to bad luck or poor man management is anyone's guess. I'm sure we can all find ways to blame Txiki for it, though.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:09 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Match winners mate. Delph is a passenger with one foot. Like Darren RAG Fletcher surrounded by class his abilities are masked as OK.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:10 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Well said Mase.

"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Spurge » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:11 pm

Apparently didnt get on the plane for southampton. Neither did KDB who has a "knock"
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:14 pm

Spurge wrote:Apparently didnt get on the plane for southampton. Neither did KDB who has a "knock"

Fuck.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Spurge wrote:Apparently didnt get on the plane for southampton. Neither did KDB who has a "knock"

Ffs! Was DeBruyne brought back too soon?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Ffs! Was DeBruyne brought back too soon?

Stop, he's on the ferry tomorrow morning from 'The Continent' , no need to worry.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum