Fact / Stat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Fact / Stat

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 pm

City have lost just 11 PL games in 2 and a half years under Peps reign 6 of them in the month of December ........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Fact / Stat

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:03 pm

Compared to this point last season, Manchester City are down 11 points and two places.

To repeat the 100-point achievement of 2017/18, City would have to win every game for the rest of the season

fits in here as well
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Mancin won the FA cup and Premiership

Pellegrini won the League cup and the Premiership (20 match unbeaten run with 18 wins and 2 draws and I think theres a 100 quickest goals ever scored stat in there somewhere as well)

(I thought seeing as we talking about facts etc this was relevant)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Woodyblue » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Against like for like teams from last season we are actually only three points worse off. IF we can match the results from here till the end of the season we will finish on ninety nine points IF the Dippers match their scores they will finish on eighty seven.
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Woodyblue wrote:Against like for like teams from last season we are actually only three points worse off. IF we can match the results from here till the end of the season we will finish on ninety nine points IF the Dippers match their scores they will finish on eighty seven.

87 points usually win you the PL title so if you are right the title is still ours to lose ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Woodyblue » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:55 pm

City64 wrote:
Woodyblue wrote:Against like for like teams from last season we are actually only three points worse off. IF we can match the results from here till the end of the season we will finish on ninety nine points IF the Dippers match their scores they will finish on eighty seven.

87 points usually win you the PL title so if you are right the title is still ours to lose ?

Absa fucking lutley
CTID
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:59 pm

Woodyblue wrote:
City64 wrote:

Absa fucking lutley
CTID

Good man CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:53 pm

Are we still favourites with the bookies?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Are we still favourites with the bookies?

Not with Betfair.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:47 pm

We seriously need to up our game (Obviously)

What I won't accept as a fan is players being half assed like we saw from Aguero (Disgustingly bad , and saying hes just come back from injury is a shite excuse..if your fit , then your fuckign fit to run around ) and Sterling seemed to stroll around playing the easy ball and then the wrong ball.

The manager needs to stop FUCKING around with the defense...he did that taking out the winning formula and putting stones in midfield....the manager was made to look like a cunt doing it.

All I want is for the players to bleed the shirt and up to now in December , the players are all on holiday.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:51 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Not with Betfair.

Was just wondering, it's a stat, afterall. When bookies do their odds it's about money lad against the probability based on very specific stats, including what games, home and away, still to be played. If some still have us as favourites then it's because of the weight they put on our respective remaining games. I wonder if any still have us as favourites as quite a few have us favourites for the game on 3 Jan.

Still only hypothetical but if we beat them on the 3rd then I think Betfair will be changing their favourite, regardless of the next round of games.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:26 am

Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:20 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Not with Betfair.

Was just wondering, it's a stat, afterall. When bookies do their odds it's about money lad against the probability based on very specific stats, including what games, home and away, still to be played. If some still have us as favourites then it's because of the weight they put on our respective remaining games. I wonder if any still have us as favourites as quite a few have us favourites for the game on 3 Jan.

Still only hypothetical but if we beat them on the 3rd then I think Betfair will be changing their favourite, regardless of the next round of games.

Also a big part of the odds on offer is how much money has already been bet. Maybe more people have bet on the dippers when the odds were higher thus the liability is higher if they win. Now we have lost a few games and thdy have a 6 point cushion and it looks like they could win it their odds have tumbled in the hope that people wont think theres value in the bet. Similarly our odds have gone from 1.2 to 2.4 in that time. Maybe with such low odds not much money was laid on us as the perceived value isnt there.
Remember when Leicester won it at famed odds of 5000/1. The bookies took a right hammering as it doesnt need many bets on that to wipe out the gains from the other 19 clubs who didnt win. Its why now even the likes of Cardiff were "only" 1000/1 at the start of the season. Once bitten etc.

Bookies have a reputation of rarely losing. Thats because they've got the whole market to make money on. Plenty of money will have gone on the other 18 teams, mainly on the othr top 6 and they would be happy with either a City or Dipper win. Or Chelsea or Spuds for that matter. But bookies dont get the favs as winners most of the time. Doesnt really matter from their point of view.

Long way to go with more twists and turns yet and I expect the favs tag and the lead in the PL to change hands a couple more times yet before the season us out
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Here is a stat: Half way through the season and we didn't beat any decent team yet.

Of course, some might argue that Filth and Arse are decent.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:39 pm

PeterParker wrote:Here is a stat: Half way through the season and we didn't beat any decent team yet.

The team currently sitting in second place?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:30 pm

We have played the other four of the top teams away from home, 2 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:34 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Here is a stat: Half way through the season and we didn't beat any decent team yet.

We've also drawn with the current leaders, on their own turf, as well as beating Arsenal and the Rags. In effect, only 1 of the top 6 have beaten us and only 2 have taken points. I make that 10 points from a possible 15, not too shoddy by half.

The only issue is have with the scores is the loss against Palace, it's just that it part of a sequence of scores that make it appear worse than it is. There's no shame in losing to Chelsea and Leicester away, and even the Palace games, you have to take into account the personnel out/coming back in, which does have a dramatic effect on performance.

However, if we fail to make a resurgence in the next few games, further questions must be asked.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:44 pm

Yep, we're top of that top 6 mini league too, everyone in the top 6 has played each other once

City - played 5, points 10
Liverpool - played 5, points 9
Chelsea - played 5, points 8
Spurs - played 5, points 6
Arsenal - played 5, points 5
Rags - played 5, points 2
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:14 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

That game was something of a nightmare. From the pitch, to the rest of the game, including how we played.
But, still, I wouldn't go that far and say Spurs are better than Filth and Arse.

The point of what I wrote is that we failed to impress almost half way in the season. We seem like we are playing from the inertia of last season. At first I was thinking Pep is thinking another tactic, and plans to go all guns out in march/april, however, since the rag game, our performance went down a level and cost us big time.

So the facts, from my point of view, can fuck off. Looking heads on, we have problems that need fixing asap.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:16 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Yep, we're top of that top 6 mini league too, everyone in the top 6 has played each other once

City - played 5, points 10
Liverpool - played 5, points 9
Chelsea - played 5, points 8
Spurs - played 5, points 6
Arsenal - played 5, points 5
Rags - played 5, points 2

And this where we can make ground. We've played Arsenal, Spurs, Dippers and Chelsea away so they've got to come to ours in the 2nd half of the season. We've only had Rags at home and regardless of their newfound wonder play against the PL minnows, we've still got a real chance of full points. Of course, this is only as long as we get back to our winning ways, which I'm sure we can. Afterall, you don't just turn shit overnight, you have to understand the problems and rectify accordingly. And, I'd say the return of Dr Bruyne, Silva, Aguero et al will alleviate the problems we have faced.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum