Fact / Stat

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fact / Stat

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:18 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Here is a stat: Half way through the season and we didn't beat any decent team yet.

Of course, some might argue that Filth and Arse are decent.

The team currently sitting in second place?

That game was something of a nightmare. From the pitch, to the rest of the game, including how we played.
But, still, I wouldn't go that far and say Spurs are better than Filth and Arse.

The point of what I wrote is that we failed to impress almost half way in the season. We seem like we are playing from the inertia of last season. At first I was thinking Pep is thinking another tactic, and plans to go all guns out in march/april, however, since the rag game, our performance went down a level and cost us big time.

So the facts, from my point of view, can fuck off. Looking heads on, we have problems that need fixing asap.

All teams have problems and I'd say our biggest one wasn't just losing Fernandinho but losing him whilst having 3 world class players on the physio table.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Here is a stat: Half way through the season and we didn't beat any decent team yet.

Of course, some might argue that Filth and Arse are decent.

The team currently sitting in second place?

That game was something of a nightmare. From the pitch, to the rest of the game, including how we played.
But, still, I wouldn't go that far and say Spurs are better than Filth and Arse.

The point of what I wrote is that we failed to impress almost half way in the season. We seem like we are playing from the inertia of last season. At first I was thinking Pep is thinking another tactic, and plans to go all guns out in march/april, however, since the rag game, our performance went down a level and cost us big time.

So the facts, from my point of view, can fuck off. Looking heads on, we have problems that need fixing asap.

All teams have problems and I'd say our biggest one wasn't just losing Fernandinho but losing him whilst having 3 world class players on the physio table.

Exactly, it's hardly rocket science, DeBruyne our catalyst from last season has missed half the season, we've lost our only natural left back again, our backup right back has hardly been fit so our first choice has been run in to the ground, we've shipped minor injuries to Silva, Stones, Aguero, Kompany. Bernardo looks to be carrying a knock too. Compare that to last season when we hardly had an injury ( Mendy aside) until the second half of the season.

We did remarkably to be top or thereabouts up until the last couple of weeks when you consider how stretched the squad has been.

Leaving all the other injuries aside and just focusing on DeBruyne, imagine any of the other 'contenders' missing their best player for half a season, where would they be now? Liverpool without Salah, Spurs without Eriksen, Chelsea without Hazard, Arsenal without Aubameyang.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:34 pm

The only fact is we miss Kolarov. And that's it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Mase wrote:The only fact is we miss Kolarov. And that's it.

Like.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Spurge » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Its also a fact that in mid april there is a game week which sees the dippers v chelski and palace v city.

A repeat of that game week in april 2014 when gerrard slipped and we then beat palace to open up the title race.

We all know which team prevailed as champions that season!
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:55 am

Spurge wrote:Its also a fact that in mid april there is a game week which sees the dippers v chelski and palace v city.

A repeat of that game week in april 2014 when gerrard slipped and we then beat palace to open up the title race.

CHEER UP SLIPPY G :lol: :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:48 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Spurge wrote:Its also a fact that in mid april there is a game week which sees the dippers v chelski and palace v city.

to the tune of the song by the Monkees, written by John Stewart.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:58 am

zuricity wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

to the tune of the song by the Monkees, written by John Stewart.

Oh, what can you mean ....

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Another little stat doing the rounds today ........

Bin Dippers have lost more games than us so far this season ? lost 3 in CL , 1 in Caribao cup and 1 in PL = 5 loses
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum