***soton vs city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***soton vs city official match thread***

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:38 pm

After all the moaning and groaning recently, I've got one, and it's not just related to this game.

I'm sick to death of us keep taking short corners.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:I'm not getting my hopes yet, if we pull it off against the dippers, we'll get our confidence back and they'll take a big knock leaving the title wide open. They're due some bad luck; that's the law of probability and anything can happen in football. However, on current form, I'm not confident one bit, they've got a good cushion and can take risks where us on a knife edge. I'm hoping the gods out there will lend us a hand.

I can see the bent refs fuckin us over.

Who is the ref, probably Alty Taylor with Peter Walton as 4th official.

Imagine if it was Taylor, he'd give us a lot. As a rag I'll wager he'd sooner see us win the PL rather than the dippers.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:38 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
mr_nool wrote:So you think it was a penalty?

No. Those arent the only 2 options. I think there was contact but fair contact.

Fairy muff. I thought he went down like he'd been shot when he felt Zinch's arm on his shoulder.

Me too, just as Long did when Laporte touched him in the back over on the side. Salah's last 3 penalties have told players that they can go down with the mereist of touches and they will get the call. What they don't realise is that if you aren't part of the chosen few then you ain't got a chance in hell, just like the Raheem incident proved.
Nevertheless I am still in a state of shock that the ref let Zinch and Vinny off.

Your sarcasm is just too subtle ;-)

Saying that, the PL don't want a procession, they can't let the Dippers get too far away or it will impact on the competitiveness of the league; just ask Scu'.

Plus, they're saving those red cards for Thursday ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:I'm not getting my hopes yet, if we pull it off against the dippers, we'll get our confidence back and they'll take a big knock leaving the title wide open. They're due some bad luck; that's the law of probability and anything can happen in football. However, on current form, I'm not confident one bit, they've got a good cushion and can take risks where us on a knife edge. I'm hoping the gods out there will lend us a hand.

Imagine if it was Taylor, he'd give us a lot. As a rag I'll wager he'd sooner see us win the PL rather than the dippers.

Not sure mate, both of the Rag cunts (Rags and Dippers) seem to have a common allegiance these days.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Not sure mate, both of the Rag cunts (Rags and Dippers) seem to have a common allegiance these days.

Saw on Sky earlier that they were asking the rag fans pre game at the swamp, out of City or the dippers who they would prefer to win and almost to a man they said City
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Assuming no Kev on Thursday Walker will be back at RB and as has been suggested Danilo at LB. He won’t offer anything going forward but he won’t need to with Silva and Sane working in tandem on the left. Just has to concentrate on his defensive duties. Sterling on the right, Mahrez drops to the bench. I fancy us to wipe the smile off dipper faces. 2-1 City.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:00 pm

blues2win wrote:Assuming no Kev on Thursday Walker will be back at RB and as has been suggested Danilo at LB. He won’t offer anything going forward but he won’t need to with Silva and Sane working in tandem on the left. Just has to concentrate on his defensive duties. Sterling on the right, Mahrez drops to the bench. I fancy us to wipe the smile off dipper faces. 2-1 City.

Why should Mahrez drop to the bench. Sterling has stunk every time we've faced Liverpool.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:04 pm

It’s a fair point but Mahrez wasn’t great today. If Kevin is fit for 90 which seems unlikely then Bernie might play on the right instead. Playing at home though I fancy Raheem to do the business with Bernie in midfield. If the game was at Anfield I’d tend to agree with you.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:04 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
blues2win wrote:Assuming no Kev on Thursday Walker will be back at RB and as has been suggested Danilo at LB. He won’t offer anything going forward but he won’t need to with Silva and Sane working in tandem on the left. Just has to concentrate on his defensive duties. Sterling on the right, Mahrez drops to the bench. I fancy us to wipe the smile off dipper faces. 2-1 City.

Why should Mahrez drop to the bench. Sterling has stunk every time we've faced Liverpool.

As apposed to Mahrez scoring a class penalty against them?
Last edited by Mase on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:11 pm

Well everything I put down they did the opposite no shots outside box, trying to take 3-4 players on and losing ball, and poor defending for there goal and the pen shout its a wonder we won :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby budfox » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:54 pm

I think we will beat the bin dipping cunts and go on to win the league.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:06 pm

Pep says he was particularly pleased with Zinchenko’s reaction to his mistake. ‘He didn’t hide. He wanted the ball and after that he’ was the best player on the pitch’. Man management.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:12 pm

blues2win wrote:Pep says he was particularly pleased with Zinchenko’s reaction to his mistake. ‘He didn’t hide. He wanted the ball and after that he’ was the best player on the pitch’. Man management.

Could be a message to Walker after his mistake the other week?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:19 pm

You mean mistakes! I was at the match. In the second half Raheem teed up the ball with a brilliant bit of skill for a quick dangerous cross first time. Instead Walker took a ridulous touch, lost the ball and there was a quick counter attack which thankfully came to nothing. Of course he was responsible for the first and particularly third goals as well. If he plays on Thursday he really needs to step it up.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:Pep says he was particularly pleased with Zinchenko’s reaction to his mistake. ‘He didn’t hide. He wanted the ball and after that he’ was the best player on the pitch’. Man management.

Could be a message to Walker after his mistake the other week?

Or just a message to Zinch to say 'Well done' ;-)

Heard him also day that the Dippers were the best team in Europe and all the world, wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Fucking fanny wipes on here . Seriously !!!

Aguero 80% fit and putting a right old shift in ! Big Dave absolute fucking class , Ederson fucking unreal , Kompany bringing back leadership and steel , Fern fucking absolute quality!!! Smash the fucking filthy murdering robbing scum bag bin dippers thursday and it’s all a different picture ! Fucking fannies it’s only half way through the season CTID
Ps Zinchenko needs fucking right off ASAP .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Tell you who was decent today - Zinchenko. I like him a lot. Hopefully he's around for a long time to come.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:12 pm

That was a great response Iin trying circumstances. Almost to script other than a five minute chance in the first half. Some very fine performances.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby zuricity » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:28 pm

Mase wrote:Tell you who was decent today - Zinchenko. I like him a lot. Hopefully he's around for a long time to come.

Watch the game ffs.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:32 pm

City64 wrote:Fucking fanny wipes on here . Seriously !!!

Aguero 80% fit and putting a right old shift in ! Big Dave absolute fucking class , Ederson fucking unreal , Kompany bringing back leadership and steel , Fern fucking absolute quality!!! Smash the fucking filthy murdering robbing scum bag bin dippers thursday and it’s all a different picture ! Fucking fannies it’s only half way through the season CTID
Ps Zinchenko needs fucking right off ASAP.

bipolar.....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum