Pre-Match Thread | City v Liverpool

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pre-Match Thread | City v Liverpool

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:47 pm

Our defence in the last game against them was pretty solid, it included Delph though who is not available on Thursday. Putting Danilo at LB. would seem to be an option but I think I'd rather have Laporte tbh with Stones and Otter in the middle.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:57 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Our defence in the last game against them was pretty solid, it included Delph though who is not available on Thursday. Putting Danilo at LB. would seem to be an option but I think I'd rather have Laporte tbh with Stones and Otter in the middle.

Mendy played there, mate, not Delphinho.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:02 pm

Unfortunately the way we are playing defensively I cannot see a clean sheet or even keeping it to just one. The other way around I cant see the dippers letting many in so "typical City" tells me a draw would be a good result.

I seem to recall Laporte at left back wasn't good so it's likely to be Zin under instruction maybe not to venture forwards too often. Leave the left attacking to Silva and Sane. Kevin on the bench I expect as he isnt close to match fit even if deemed to be available.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:20 pm

It has been glaringly obvious Pep has been preparing for this game for while , this is the big one he wants it bad ! The self entitled murdering thieving Scouse scum have had us over the past twelve months trashing our coach live on tv and the whole football world and the bent Merseyside Police cover it all up . Most of the football world despise these scouse bastards let’s give them what is unduly coming to them both on and off the pitch absolute fucking scum !!! Kompany has already hinted he knows he is starting , proper big game player been there done it and it’s his job to keep the diving cheating cunt salad quiet . Fern back and fully fit is huge , big Dave bossing it in midfield , Aguero around 90 % fit and hungry as fuck , Raheem to finally shine against his scum haters and Sane to run a couple of over hyped average defenders ragged . Just need the fanny wipes to stay away and proper fans turn up what can possibly go wrong ? CTID fuck off you scouse bastards!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:25 pm

City64 wrote:Raheem to finally shine against his scum haters

Hope he scores the winner and celebrates like Adebayor.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Bear60 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:52 pm

City64 wrote:It has been glaringly obvious Pep has been preparing for this game for while , this is the big one he wants it bad ! The self entitled murdering thieving Scouse scum have had us over the past twelve months trashing our coach live on tv and the whole football world and the bent Merseyside Police cover it all up . Most of the football world despise these scouse bastards let’s give them what is unduly coming to them both on and off the pitch absolute fucking scum !!! Kompany has already hinted he knows he is starting , proper big game player been there done it and it’s his job to keep the diving cheating cunt salad quiet . Fern back and fully fit is huge , big Dave bossing it in midfield , Aguero around 90 % fit and hungry as fuck , Raheem to finally shine against his scum haters and Sane to run a couple of over hyped average defenders ragged . Just need the fanny wipes to stay away and proper fans turn up what can possibly go wrong ? CTID fuck off you scouse bastards!!!

Fantastic post mate let’s do the bastards and shut them and the rest of the world up
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:30 pm

Mane cleared to play against us, after 'appearing' to grab an arsenal player round the neck, but Austin gets charged for giving the finger to the crowd!!
It's full on Scouse wankathon
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bluedj » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:39 pm

Just read this elsewhere. Shows the FA are bent as f@@k
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:41 pm

City64 wrote:It has been glaringly obvious Pep has been preparing for this game for while

by losing 3 out of the last 5 to lure klopp into a false sense of security??

he’s a proper fucking genius our pep!
Last edited by Nigels Tackle on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:14 pm

If Taylor is ref for this one it should be interesting . who does he hate the most ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:15 pm

zuricity wrote:If Taylor is ref for this one it should be interesting . who does he hate the most ?

Dippers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:42 pm

PeterParker wrote:With Mendy vs Scouse: 5-0, 0-0 - no goals received.
Without Mendy vs Scouse: 3-4, 0-3, 1-2 - 9 goals received.

I rest my case.

Come on Peter Parker, how convenient to leave out that they had 10 men when we won 5-0 :lol:
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby harveytravis » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:52 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Mane cleared to play against us, after 'appearing' to grab an arsenal player round the neck, but Austin gets charged for giving the finger to the crowd!!
It's full on Scouse wankathon

Subtle bias or not?
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Outcast » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:52 pm

Is it a coincidence the FFP saga calmed down since our late demise? No one banging on about it since those filth over taken us. I wonder if we reclaim top spot at some point, will they bring it up again to derail us? I'd love to beat them with dodgy decions going our way to send them into meltdown
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:53 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Mendy was really important in this game. They will counter as they usually do and will try to speculate our left side.
Not confident, let's home there is a miracle coming.

Mendy can't defend ; it's best that he's out

He's no worse than Delph or Zinch defensively, and at the very least he has some pace to recover situations and height so he doesn't get caught under high balls to the back post, we'll miss on him on Thursday.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:00 pm

Outcast wrote:Is it a coincidence the FFP saga calmed down since our late demise? No one banging on about it since those filth over taken us. I wonder if we reclaim top spot at some point, will they bring it up again to derail us? I'd love to beat them with dodgy decions going our way to send them into meltdown

It's blatantly obvious that we choose to lose a couple of games to get the Spiegel story and the sportwashing rumours to die down. Mission accomplished. Now we will get back to business as usual and ram the dipper's title aspirations up their own arses.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:28 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Mendy was really important in this game. They will counter as they usually do and will try to speculate our left side.

He's no worse than Delph or Zinch defensively, and at the very least he has some pace to recover situations and height so he doesn't get caught under high balls to the back post, we'll miss on him on Thursday.

Not forgetting he's STILL up there for assists for defenders and he's not played for about 500 years!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:52 pm

If vinny thinks he is playing then we might see a back 3 of Stones Vinny and Laporte.
I would prefer that to Laporte as a regular left back he is not suited to it.
Either way i don't think it will be an orthodox 433 and we will adjust somewhat as we did in cuntfield.

Feeling more positive about it after the much needed win yesterday.

We are the better team even with problems at LB.
We just need to go out and show the vermin who the top dogs are.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:52 pm

Mase wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:

Not forgetting he's STILL up there for assists for defenders and he's not played for about 500 years!

Hope we sell the injury prone buffoon cunt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:

Hope we sell the injury prone buffoon cunt.

I'd much prefer that he fulfills his potential and we get our money's worth.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum