***champs v liverpool official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***champs v liverpool official match thread***

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:41 pm

I read a. Complaint on here re Laporte the post said I don’t like him at left back up against salad and co He did well enough given the injury problems
Anyway. Mendy has had both knees done so hopefully we’ll have more choice eventually at left back.
Pep picked a side from what he has and they won ffs so get behind the team.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:45 pm

Bournemouthcityfan wrote:He did well enough given the injury problems
Anyway. Mendy has had both knees done so hopefully we’ll have more choice eventually at left back.

Absolutely , tried and trusted formula used by the best manager in the world without a first or second choice left back , takes some doing that !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:VK proved me wrong last night , he was huge ( although that lunge could have affected us but it didn’t ) and Intake my hat off to him .

Did enjoy his interview after and also calling salah a fucking pussy made my night even more pleasurable .

Big game player is Vinny carl . Taking that pussy Salah out early doors was absolute class by VK , Salah never really wanted to know after that job done !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:calling him a fucking pussy made my night even more pleasurable .

I think 90 % of the league defenders know what Salah is on about and what a fucking diver he is. Hope to see more fellas taking him like he did.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:55 pm

RE Laporte at left back last night . Don't know if those who watched on TV got the full picture of dippers tactics ? They doubled up on the left when they got in our half , Laporte was fantastic and tactically did his job superbly aided by the never stopped running and covering Bernado Silva . Also Laporte broke down the flank several times and played some great balls into Sane Sterling and Aguero .The lad was absolutely fucked when he got subbed superb effort playing out of his normal position . Pep trusts him massively what a player !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:58 pm

City64 wrote:RE Laporte at left back last night . Don't know if those who watched on TV got the full picture of dippers tactics ? They doubled up on the left when they got in our half , Laporte was fantastic and tactically did his job superbly aided by the never stopped running and covering Bernado Silva . Also Laporte broke down the flank several times and played some great balls into Sane Sterling and Aguero .The lad was absolutely fucked when he got subbed superb effort playing out of his normal position . Pep trusts him massively what a player !

The majority of their attacks come from the right side.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:58 pm

City64 wrote:RE Laporte at left back last night . Don't know if those who watched on TV got the full picture of dippers tactics ? They doubled up on the left when they got in our half , Laporte was fantastic and tactically did his job superbly aided by the never stopped running and covering Bernado Silva . Also Laporte broke down the flank several times and played some great balls into Sane Sterling and Aguero .The lad was absolutely fucked when he got subbed superb effort playing out of his normal position . Pep trusts him massively what a player !

I also think he had a good game, even with some slips.
But there were moments when Sane did not offer support and he was left alone in front of those cunts, but overall a great game.

But we need someone there. Laporte worked last night there, the past two games vs them it did not.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:07 pm

Best thing Laporte did all night was smash Milner's head in. Well worth the yellow
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:10 pm

bigblue wrote:

What the long ball shite in the last 10 mins to VVD ? They doubled up on Laporte it didn't work but in effect it may have been one of the reasons David Silva got cancelled out ? They didn't double up when going forward on the right but in all effect it was rare they got forward . Two or three breaks through the middle were there best attacks and obviously their goal which was switched from right to left when on one rare occasion we were all over the place .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:12 pm

PeterParker wrote:

I also think he had a good game, even with some slips.
But there were moments when Sane did not offer support and he was left alone in front of those cunts, but overall a great game.

But we need someone there. Laporte worked last night there, the past two games vs them it did not.

Agree pal , Sane grew into the game was superb second half , that lad has some engine aswell proper fucking athlete !

Ps still buzzin ! ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 pm

City64 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

What the long ball shite in the last 10 mins to VVD ? They doubled up on Laporte it didn't work but in effect it may have been one of the reasons David Silva got cancelled out ? They didn't double up when going forward on the right but in all effect it was rare they got forward . Two or three breaks through the middle were there best attacks and obviously their goal which was switched from right to left when on one rare occasion we were all over the place .

Klopp did use VVD exactly as mourinho used fallacio.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 pm

Mase wrote:Best thing Laporte did all night was smash Milner's head in. Well worth the yellow

Proper unit is Laporte can shift aswell , gonna be an absolute legend for City absolutely fearless !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:17 pm

bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Klopp did use VVD exactly as mourinho used fallacio.

Haha that's what we were singing at the end . the scouse cunts just reverted to long ball shite up to a big daft cunt lol . VVD was bang average last night and nervous as fuck first half plus Aguero terrorised the fuck out of him , number of times VVD just wellied it into row Z hahaha . £75 million fuck right off lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Reports of dippers being upset that City fans threw coins at them. Since when were they against a bit of charity work and giving money to the homeless?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:12 pm

THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:17 pm

Bournemouthcityfan wrote:I read a. Complaint on here re Laporte the post said I don’t like him at left back up against salad and co He did well enough given the injury problems

I thought he did well too.

Was more impressive going forward than I expected at times, and with who he was facing did not really do too much wrong.

I'd rate him ahead of Delph after that performance, and Nico (especially) and Vinnie probably happier if that happens as I suspect they want more games. Actually, I thought the interaction between Ottamendi and Pep was interesting. Pep usually puts his arm around players but he went to for a second, seemed Nico wasn't too happy and "pretended" to run back twice and ask his assitant's something.

Seemed a bit of an excuse to not be near him as there have been rumours Nico is unhappy, unsurprisingly, TBF.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Image

:lol: brilliant
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:23 pm

With regards to the back four last night and in particular the full backs. I think as a whole we were magnificent defensively. We defend as a unit and therefore get judged as a unit.

How many chances did the dippers create. Apart from his goal, how effective was Firmino. What did Salah do. Mane. Fuck all. That's what. Because of the defensive unit. Sterling, Fern, Bernie and even Sane put in a shift as well helping double up.

Imagine Pep was most happy about that performance as any other game this season, or possibly even last. The intensity for the 90 minutes was simply magnificent. We wanted it more and the players fed off the crowd and vice versa. A beautiful sight to behold
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:With regards to the back four last night and in particular the full backs. I think as a whole we were magnificent defensively. We defend as a unit and therefore get judged as a unit.

How many chances did the dippers create. Apart from his goal, how effective was Firmino. What did Salah do. Mane. Fuck all. That's what. Because of the defensive unit. Sterling, Fern, Bernie and even Sane put in a shift as well helping double up.

Imagine Pep was most happy about that performance as any other game this season, or possibly even last. The intensity for the 90 minutes was simply magnificent. We wanted it more and the players fed off the crowd and vice versa. A beautiful sight to behold

Yeah bang on notts. The sheer intensity and pace of the game was breath taking . Here in Manchester we knew the city crowd would be right up for it we simply fucking hate the scouse bastards , the smashing up of our coach by the vile cretins has really back fired on the thick scouse cunts and fired up the blue half of Manchester proper style and the club and players . We wanted it bad last night , city fans arrived early at the Etihad to goad the scouse cunt fans .No bin dippers ever go into the city center as they know they will get battered by blues and rags so they creep into the ground in numbers like rats . And again well done to City ground staff allowing most city fans to stand it so made the atmosphere what it was , to a man and woman they sang their hearts out the place was rocking . Never seen Pep so pumped than last night the guy gives it everything he absolutely thrives on it and that atmosphere kept the city players at it . What a night what a football club and what fucking fans ............ still buzzin :D 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Outcast » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:25 pm

This great performance should spur us on from this point. No let up, every single player in the squad needs to give 100% effort, no complacency, play with fluency or grind out results the ugly way if must. We must put a run of 5 to 6 straight wins from this point to pile the pressure on the scum.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum