2019/20 New Puma Kits

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 2019/20 New Puma Kits

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:39 pm

I'd like to know how much the sponsorship for s worth. Last I heard we were getting 12 mil from Nike whereas the likes of Chelsea, Rags and Dippers are on over 50 mil.

Surely we're due a decent deal.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'd like to know how much the sponsorship for s worth. Last I heard we were getting 12 mil from Nike whereas the likes of Chelsea, Rags and Dippers are on over 50 mil.

£50M a year according to daily mail etc
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:56 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I'd like to know how much the sponsorship for s worth. Last I heard we were getting 12 mil from Nike whereas the likes of Chelsea, Rags and Dippers are on over 50 mil.

Fuck sake that's going to be looked in to by Uefa :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:30 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Fucking hell, that's some jump. Playing with the big boys now ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:59 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Fucking hell, that's some jump. Playing with the big boys now ;-)

Wait till the Mirror thinks of a number :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:31 am

Wait till the Mirror thinks of a number :D[/quote]

Not sure anyone at the Mirror is bright enough to think of numbers that big...... :lol:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Outcast » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:12 am

Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Fuck sake that's going to be looked in to by Uefa :lol:

Just need to find some sort of Arab blood in Puma's organisation to link it to the sheikh as some kind of shady dealings :lol:
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:44 pm

PeterParker wrote:Puma, did we finally going to end the contract with Nike?

It was reported last year that our deal with Nike was ending after this season and we were switching to Puma. It hasn't been confirmed by City or Puma yet because we are still under contract to Nike for the rest of the season. There will probably be a big announcement from the club once the season ends.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:40 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Although not announced as our new sponsor, yet, anybody notice the not to subtle hints with a few of our team, and manager, sporting their apparel?

Not sure about others Beefy but Sergio has been sponsored by them for at least 4 years, he wears their boots which convinced our lad to have a pair , I think big Dave is also on their books

I think they're trying to get others signed up. Noticed during a training video that a few on there had Puma kit on and Pep started wearing a Puma bubble jacket a couple of games back. No way would Nike have that on the side of the pitch unless they were on their way out.

Some of the mincers that wear gloves have also been wearing Puma branded ones.

Mincers

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Absolutely
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Although not announced as our new sponsor, yet, anybody notice the not to subtle hints with a few of our team, and manager, sporting their apparel?

Not sure about others Beefy but Sergio has been sponsored by them for at least 4 years, he wears their boots which convinced our lad to have a pair , I think big Dave is also on their books

I think they're trying to get others signed up. Noticed during a training video that a few on there had Puma kit on and Pep started wearing a Puma bubble jacket a couple of games back. No way would Nike have that on the side of the pitch unless they were on their way out.

Dave made the switch from Adidas to Puma before this past summer. Pep signed on with Puma a couple of months back.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:34 pm

Can't work out if this thread is a pisstake or not. Is the running 'we're getting Puma kits' joke still a thing?

The worst thing about Puma is that their XL is essentially an M. Fuckin body paint.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:03 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:Can't work out if this thread is a pisstake or not. Is the running 'we're getting Puma kits' joke still a thing?

The worst thing about Puma is that their XL is essentially an M. Fuckin body paint.

Not a piss take, it's definitely happening and I think I'm right in saying that they do an official shirt (tight fit) and supporters version (fat boy loose fit).
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:08 am

craigmcfc wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:Can't work out if this thread is a pisstake or not. Is the running 'we're getting Puma kits' joke still a thing?

Not a piss take, it's definitely happening and I think I'm right in saying that they do an official shirt (tight fit) and supporters version (fat boy loose fit).

I'm deffo interested in the fat boy loose fit version having tipped over the 50yr mark and given up smoking, enjoying food and drink to fill the void of tabs :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:10 am

craigmcfc wrote:

I like the sound of that fat boy loose fit shirt, think I like Puma already :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:32 am

Genuine question as I havent bought a City shirt for myself to wear for about 10 years - do you guys still buy the shirts?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:01 am

Mase wrote:Genuine question as I havent bought a City shirt for myself to wear for about 10 years - do you guys still buy the shirts?

Not me. Too expensive so if I go I just wear an old one. Not as old as some it has to be said. At least it's got ETIHAD on
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:04 am

Mase wrote:Genuine question as I havent bought a City shirt for myself to wear for about 10 years - do you guys still buy the shirts?

Yup. Always get the home and then depends how much I like the other 2.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:05 am

CTID Hants wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

I'm deffo interested in the fat boy loose fit version having tipped over the 50yr mark and given up smoking, enjoying food and drink to fill the void of tabs :lol:

:lol:
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Postby branny » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:21 am

I haven't bought any of the Nike ones. I'm not a fan of citrus colours for starters. I have plenty of shirts from over the years to go at but it's the 81 cup final replica that comes out for the big games.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum