other games this week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: other games this week

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:24 pm

PeterParker wrote:When is the draw?

Monday night on the One show.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:24 pm

Give Hudson Odoi his due he’s been a thorn in Sheffield’s side.
Has blown hot and cold, but he showed great skill to score the second. Took it down and past the defender brilliantly, although keeper will be disappointed he didn’t keep the shot out.

Chelsea home and dry.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:24 pm

So, only 5 and two halves, premier league teams left in the FA Cup. Rather makes the path to the semis a little lighter. Can't see us being drawn against the rags tomorrow night - hot balls and all that.

1 SWANSEA CITY
2 AFC WIMBLEDON
3 SHREWSBURY TOWN OR WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS
4 MILLWALL
5 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION OR WEST BROMWICH ALBION
6 BRISTOL CITY
7 DERBY COUNTY
8 DONCASTER ROVERS
9 CHELSEA
10 WATFORD
11 MIDDLESBROUGH OR NEWPORT COUNTY
12 MANCHESTER CITY
13 BARNET OR BRENTFORD
14 PORTSMOUTH OR QUEENS PARK RANGERS
15 MANCHESTER UNITED
16 CRYSTAL PALACE
Last edited by zuricity on Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:51 am

City game at Everton brought forward to Wednesday next week. Arse , toffees snd chavs in eight days.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:16 am

zuricity wrote:City game at Everton brought forward to Wednesday next week. Arse , toffees snd chavs in eight days.

We have got more players fit than at any point this season. Bring them on.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:36 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
zuricity wrote:City game at Everton brought forward to Wednesday next week. Arse , toffees snd chavs in eight days.

I'm not complaining TB, actually it is quite good, cos while Scouse have been dossing around in the sun, we have been racking up squad based games. Keeping the pressure on. So Racking the points up is also good for us if we can because they know we have less hectic towards the end of March.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:24 pm

zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I'm not complaining TB, actually it is quite good, cos while Scouse have been dossing around in the sun, we have been racking up squad based games. Keeping the pressure on. So Racking the points up is also good for us if we can because they know we have less hectic towards the end of March.

I've always questioned the value also of going out training in heat and coming back to Britain when it's downright freezing. We will see.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:18 pm

john@staustell wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I've always questioned the value also of going out training in heat and coming back to Britain when it's downright freezing. We will see.

Well , The Arse have serious problems in Defense, with injuries , unrest in Midfield and probably , like many , can't stand Scousepool. Also I don't see Everton as being so strong right now having just been dumped out of the FA Cup too. Could work for us. Chelski will be a different game. However, one at a time eh ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:34 pm

With our game at everton being brought forward, we have a good chance to put some pressure on red scouse playing before them for the next couple of games. Cannot see them struggling in their next two but if we can keep winning up to and through everton, it would be great going into FA Cup round 5. Added to that, the all our yesterday's greatest game ever on league cup final day before we play. Could be quite the day
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:38 pm

salford city wrote:With our game at everton being brought forward, we have a good chance to put some pressure on red scouse playing before them for the next couple of games. Cannot see them struggling in their next two but if we can keep winning up to and through everton, it would be great going into FA Cup round 5. Added to that, the all our yesterday's greatest game ever on league cup final day before we play. Could be quite the day

i am hopeful that leicester continue their good run of form against the ‘big’ teams
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:52 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
salford city wrote:With our game at everton being brought forward, we have a good chance to put some pressure on red scouse playing before them for the next couple of games. Cannot see them struggling in their next two but if we can keep winning up to and through everton, it would be great going into FA Cup round 5. Added to that, the all our yesterday's greatest game ever on league cup final day before we play. Could be quite the day

i am hopeful that leicester continue their good run of form against the ‘big’ teams

Unfortunately, they are not playing a 'big team'. Seriously, it would be great to put a bit of pressure on. Leicester have also had the weekend off to regroup but I'm not holding out much hope. We can only deal with winning our games - do that and we could be rocking up at wembley knowing that we've wiped out red scouse lead
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:49 pm

Every game becomes more difficult in a title run in. The pressure of having to win can weigh heavy.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:22 pm

Sounds a cracking game at Barnet. 3-3 now.

As a little aside, Barnet are the only North London side left in!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum