***newcastle v city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***newcastle v city official match thread***

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I have had time to calm down - what I saw yesterday was 11 players who wreaked of arrogance and they got what they fuckign deserved and PeP looked like a dejected spoilt cunt for near on 90 mins.

I don't get why Pep was acting like a spoilt little twat? He was at it from the start, proper slapped arse.

Or he saw what you saw and it disgusted him. Pep has had standards since he played for Barca as a local Kid, and the team fell way below it 30 sec in last night. That if you give him his due will see him where José is sometime down the line as he is OCD on being the best every game.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:20 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I have had time to calm down - what I saw yesterday was 11 players who wreaked of arrogance and they got what they fuckign deserved and PeP looked like a dejected spoilt cunt for near on 90 mins.

I don't get why Pep was acting like a spoilt little twat? He was at it from the start, proper slapped arse.

A long shot but it came out yesterday Frenkie de Jong apparently said he had wanted to come to City and play under Pep, but that we didn’t stump up the money and so went to Barca. Maybe Pep is pissed at the DoF for not seeing the transfer through. That’s a number of transfers now we haven’t completed on.

That's a decent assumption, especially when you consider how Fern is looking burned out. However, we have FFP to consider, you know, that thing created by the cartel to aid the cartel. Surely Pep would know this?

With the money we're bringing in from shit academy players, we're doing well bringing in money in other areas as well, I don't see why we have to worry about FFP as much anymore.

We spent £60million on Mehrez FFS.

Without getting into the Mahrez debate we still have issues with FFP over the full reporting period.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Or he saw what you saw and it disgusted him. Pep has had standards since he played for Barca as a local Kid, and the team fell way below it 30 sec in last night. That if you give him his due will see him where José is sometime down the line as he is OCD on being the best every game.

Looking at the game again I do wonder if we, as a team, go into strops when we feel aggrieved by the officials? We've had similar outcomes against Chelsea, Wigan, Liverpool etc and I just wonder if the team think they should be treated in the same manner as the other to teams.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:33 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

A long shot but it came out yesterday Frenkie de Jong apparently said he had wanted to come to City and play under Pep, but that we didn’t stump up the money and so went to Barca. Maybe Pep is pissed at the DoF for not seeing the transfer through. That’s a number of transfers now we haven’t completed on.

That's a decent assumption, especially when you consider how Fern is looking burned out. However, we have FFP to consider, you know, that thing created by the cartel to aid the cartel. Surely Pep would know this?

With the money we're bringing in from shit academy players, we're doing well bringing in money in other areas as well, I don't see why we have to worry about FFP as much anymore.

We spent £60million on Mehrez FFS.

Think it’s more what his wages would be. Upwards of £300K a week he is rumoured to be getting at Barcelona. That would blow our pay structure out of the window and for a lad who is still making his way in the game is a lot. Imagine the upset to our best players who have been there and done it. They will want more and fairly soon it’s out of control.

Look at the rags and the fuck up with Sanchez.

But I guess the thought in Peps mind is that to be the best in Europe you have to act like the best. And in this regard we are way behind Madrid and Barca in getting the very best players
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:46 pm

And how are we supposed to challenge the likes of Barca for a target when they set the rules to suit themselves?

Such a piss-take that anybody who wants to can see it a mile off.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:And how are we supposed to challenge the likes of Barca for a target when they set the rules to suit themselves?

Indeed. Though, to be fair, the likes of them and Madrid and Bayern and even Juventus have had decades as a head start on us in terms of competing and just being part of the crowd that makes up the said rules. We are the new boys and no one in power likes a snotty new boy trying to muscle in.

We will get there. We will just take a bit of time is all
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:And how are we supposed to challenge the likes of Barca for a target when they set the rules to suit themselves?

Indeed. Though, to be fair, the likes of them and Madrid and Bayern and even Juventus have had decades as a head start on us in terms of competing and just being part of the crowd that makes up the said rules. We are the new boys and no one in power likes a snotty new boy trying to muscle in.

We're doing alright , most exciting football the PL has seen , we are being treated to something wonderful.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Not sure we'll ever be really accepted, they'll always look at us begrudgingly. What annoys me the most is how they keep changing the rules to get even the slightest advantage. The latest change in the UEFA TV rights distribution is a case in point. And the fact that the Rags, Dippers and Arse got together to discuss overseas TV rights which was then perceived to be City that started it says all we need to know how the cartel works.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:41 pm

bluemoon wrote:Nearly 24hrs later and the pain won't subside! This is without a doubt the most talented manager and squad of players we've ever had at this club (and may ever have?!?), and with all the talk pre-season of us making the defence of our title the priority, it's sickening to see the shambolic performances throughout the team yesterday and totally unacceptable on every level. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this squad is mentally weak and we've seen this on a number of occasions since the chumps league battering we got last year and as much as I love Pep and appreciate what he brings to our club, this appears to be the one thing he can't fix.

Can anybody really see this Liverpool team (including all the luck and decisions going there way) dropping at least 7pts and us winning every game between now and the end of season?

PG has the most expensive squad in the world - the cunt can have zero excuses not being able to motivate them to beat fuckign Newcastle ffs !!!

Its all well and good beating records as far as scoring goals and points tally etc is concerned (We had one of those records with Pellegrini ffs !) but the trophy cabinet doesn't have a place for records , its for trophy's)

He needs to fuckign sort out that Left hand side of the fuckign pitch and start to drop weak links like that useless cunt Walker otherwise we wont win fuckall this season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:39 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
bluemoon wrote:Nearly 24hrs later and the pain won't subside! This is without a doubt the most talented manager and squad of players we've ever had at this club (and may ever have?!?), and with all the talk pre-season of us making the defence of our title the priority, it's sickening to see the shambolic performances throughout the team yesterday and totally unacceptable on every level. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this squad is mentally weak and we've seen this on a number of occasions since the chumps league battering we got last year and as much as I love Pep and appreciate what he brings to our club, this appears to be the one thing he can't fix.

Can anybody really see this Liverpool team (including all the luck and decisions going there way) dropping at least 7pts and us winning every game between now and the end of season?

PG has the most expensive squad in the world - the cunt can have zero excuses not being able to motivate them to beat fuckign Newcastle ffs !!!

Its all well and good beating records as far as scoring goals and points tally etc is concerned (We had one of those records with Pellegrini ffs !) but the trophy cabinet doesn't have a place for records , its for trophy's)

He needs to fuckign sort out that Left hand side of the fuckign pitch and start to drop weak links like that useless cunt Walker otherwise we wont win fuckall this season.

Pep the fans the players need a big effort on Sunday, and lets see if the scouse twats can take the heat, 14 Cup finals plus another cup final and the FA & CL to squeeze in. Nothing is ever easy and defending the title is proving again to be taxing.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:15 pm

We can put the Mahrez penner to rest.

Now this is why we are second and not top. :D He is off the hook.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dimples » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:58 pm

PeterParker wrote:We can put the Mahrez penner to rest.

If we had not lost to Newcastle we would be top.
If Wolves did not score a handball goal we would be top.
If.......
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Dimples wrote:

If.......

Both involve goals against us. The Mehrez one was a professional footballer taking a penalty and not even getting it on target.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:23 pm

Mase wrote:
Dimples wrote:

If.......

Both involve goals against us. The Mehrez one was a professional footballer taking a penalty and not even getting it on target.

True.
It depends on what way it is viewed. For me he had the nerve to take the penalty - I prefer to see him step up than run away from it.
He missed but at least he stepped up for it (pity though as he is rubbish at taking penalties and Jesus would probably have scored).
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby stupot » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:47 pm

A professional footballer missing the target. Let's hang him.
It's not like Serg, Gab, Kev, David have ever missed pens for us is it.
And as for Razza's against Leicester- that was on for the same target as the Mahrez one.
Let it go.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:52 pm

Dimples wrote:

If.......

It's flawed logic anyway, there's no guarantees that if Mahrez had scored and we'd won that day that everything since would've remained the same.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:52 pm

stupot wrote:A professional footballer missing the target. Let's hang him.

I'm up for that. Where and when? I'll get some posters made up and a TV ad. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in watching this.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stupot » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:16 pm

It'll have to be one big poster won't it to include all those players who've missed.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby fangsanalsatan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Mase wrote:

I'm up for that. Where and when? I'll get some posters made up and a TV ad. I'm sure a lot of people will be interested in watching this.

You're into breathplay aren't you.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby ruralblue » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:40 pm

fangsanalsatan wrote:
Mase wrote:

You're into breathplay aren't you.

It'll be a messy murder if Scatman helps him.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum