***city v arsenal official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v arsenal official match thread***

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:19 pm

Blue Philistine wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:KDB looked shot when he came off, in fact it looked a bit like take me off I am done, had a mare bar one cross 1st half BTW.

I said he looked absolutely gassed to the bloke that was sitting next to me, don’t think him clutching his leg when he went down meant he was injured, could see the frustration in him.. probably knew he’d had a gash game. He has his moments though, even when playing shite!

Kev was shot and had a touch of cramp

The Gundo incident I would say was closer to a pen than a dive but probably neither.The idea that he was already diving and initiated the contact is a total joke.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Blue Philistine wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:KDB looked shot when he came off, in fact it looked a bit like take me off I am done, had a mare bar one cross 1st half BTW.

I said he looked absolutely gassed to the bloke that was sitting next to me, don’t think him clutching his leg when he went down meant he was injured, could see the frustration in him.. probably knew he’d had a gash game. He has his moments though, even when playing shite!

Personally I think he's a bit too wound up. Trying to prove stuff and make up for lost time. When I was young and fit (!) I remember seeing a graph of sports performance against 'arousal' - was the word they used for how hyped up you are.

Maximum performance is before the maximum hype. The graph tails off if you get too wound up and performance deteriotates again.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue Philistine » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:42 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Blue Philistine wrote:

Personally I think he's a bit too wound up. Trying to prove stuff and make up for lost time. When I was young and fit (!) I remember seeing a graph of sports performance against 'arousal' - was the word they used for how hyped up you are.

Maximum performance is before the maximum hype. The graph tails off if you get too wound up and performance deteriotates again.

Interesting info there - can definitely see how this trend might be reflected in KDB. I agree with your assessment he’s forcing himself for the reasons you suggested. Hope with the crazy fixtures he finds his form and just plays like the fluid, non-chalant master we know he is.
Blue Philistine
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Witton Albion
My favourite player is: Bernie Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:14 pm

before christmas, when we were cruising and top of the table, the pundits were all talking about how we easily coped without KDB. hearing that prob wound him up bigtime. i think he prob considers himself the best player at city....and he's not wrong imo.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:46 pm

He's a Ginger. They get wired different. Quality will come through.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum