***city v arsenal official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v arsenal official match thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:18 pm

budfox wrote:Talking of equality and diversity, tonight's Superbowl features two male cheerleaders.

Will people fuck off with that shit. They started advertising it during the post-match and my torrettes went ballistic.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:31 pm

Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Mase wrote:How's that a dive?! The cunt turned his back and shouldered him

Because Gundogan was going down and just ran straight into the guy and initiated all of the contact. He was actually going to ground before the contact. Harsh yellow though.

Replay shows the twat turned his back and lead with his shoulder. What's Gundo supposed to do? Try and avoid him?

I honestly don't understand how SG can come up with such crap . Gundo was clearly fouled . It is obstruction, and only shoulder to shoulder is allowed .Atkinson got that wrong , a clearer penalty you will not see - yellow card idiot Atkinson .
Last edited by zuricity on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
budfox wrote:Talking of equality and diversity, tonight's Superbowl features two male cheerleaders.

Will people fuck off with that shit. They started advertising it during the post-match and my torrettes went ballistic.

Five hours to play 60 minutes , yeah exciting!
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I have no interest whatsoever. Tried to watch it once when I was a kid but I was asleep before a ball was kicked. Now, all I see on Sky is them trying to sell a shit version of rugby to the UK market, closely followed by basketball, which I'd probably like if it didn't have an advert every 2 minutes with twats shoving their face with some kind of processed shit on a muffin!

At a time when UK/US sentiment is at an all-time low, Sky decide to push non-stop shit American sport to fill their airtime. Well, that's not going to work as their content is not up to standard for the British audience who will vote with their feet or, should I say, bank accounts.

Fucking idiots!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:45 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Average time ball actually in play in American Football is 11and a bit minutes per game iirr
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Anybody know what happened in the ground with the Arsenal fans, commentators said it was kicking off?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:06 pm

Watching the highlights again - Laporte isn't getting enough credit for his ball into the box for the first goal. incredibly good quick thinking and skill from a CB
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:08 pm

Torreira is also a quality player for them. Says a lot when your defensive midfielder is taking corners
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Frankmanc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody know what happened in the ground with the Arsenal fans, commentators said it was kicking off?

Arsenal fans got wound up by city lads singing and taking the piss so tried fighting us . They ended up fighting stewards for around 5 minutes as no police anywhere ?!?!?! cockney wankers ! :lol:
Frankmanc
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 pm

Frankmanc wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody know what happened in the ground with the Arsenal fans, commentators said it was kicking off?

Arsenal fans got wound up by city lads singing and taking the piss so tried fighting us . They ended up fighting stewards for around 5 minutes as no police anywhere ?!?!?! cockney wankers ! :lol:

Ha ha ha, fighting; the tarqhin's? Where's that gif when you need it ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:33 pm

bigblue wrote:Torreira is also a quality player for them. Says a lot when your defensive midfielder is taking corners

I think he could be, too early to say, but he won't be if he continues to hit the deck like he does. He can get away with that shit abroad but not in the PL. If Arsenal continue to fail then he will be classed as one of the reasons why.

Diving little shit!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Frankmanc » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Arsenal are piss poor I would give up if I was unfortunate enough to be born in North London and forced to follow them . There keeper had a blinder today or it would have been 7 or 8 , shambles defence lightweight piss poor midfield and two decent strikers who get zero service so just stand around doing fuck all . Arsenal FC has become a joke and there fans a joke .
Frankmanc
Carlo Nash's Debut

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:10 am

Interesting commentators never comment ? Sky ?

They were being absolute cunts (well 3 cunts) trying to kick off, scuffles with showsec, somehow didn't get chucked out for ages, heard it kicked off outside but I actually stay till the end ;) (3-1 to the empty seats made me laugh) so didn't see anything.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:52 am

Frankmanc wrote:Arsenal are piss poor I would give up if I was unfortunate enough to be born in North London and forced to follow them . There keeper had a blinder today or it would have been 7 or 8 , shambles defence lightweight piss poor midfield and two decent strikers who get zero service so just stand around doing fuck all . Arsenal FC has become a joke and there fans a joke .

9 Goals in 3 games against these fucking Muppet's - it really is 3 easy points when we play these wankers.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:36 am

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Because Gundogan was going down and just ran straight into the guy and initiated all of the contact. He was actually going to ground before the contact. Harsh yellow though.

Replay shows the twat turned his back and lead with his shoulder. What's Gundo supposed to do? Try and avoid him?

I honestly don't understand how SG can come up with such crap . Gundo was glearly fouled . It is obstruction, and only shoulder to shoulder is allowed .Atkinson got that wrong , a clearer penalty you will not see - yellow card idiot Atkinson .

Penalty for that? wow, man. sorry. im moving on from this discussion.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby zuricity » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:28 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

I honestly don't understand how SG can come up with such crap . Gundo was clearly fouled . It is obstruction, and only shoulder to shoulder is allowed .Atkinson got that wrong , a clearer penalty you will not see - yellow card idiot Atkinson .

Penalty for that? wow, man. sorry. im moving on from this discussion.

well i thought so
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:05 am

Didn't the curly haired one trip him slightly on his right sending his left shoulder into the other fella?

Just an impression, not watched many replays
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:26 am

KDB looked shot when he came off, in fact it looked a bit like take me off I am done, had a mare bar one cross 1st half BTW.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Blue Philistine » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:40 am

Hazy2 wrote:KDB looked shot when he came off, in fact it looked a bit like take me off I am done, had a mare bar one cross 1st half BTW.

I said he looked absolutely gassed to the bloke that was sitting next to me, don’t think him clutching his leg when he went down meant he was injured, could see the frustration in him.. probably knew he’d had a gash game. He has his moments though, even when playing shite!
Blue Philistine
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Witton Albion
My favourite player is: Bernie Silva

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:22 pm

See... I said that about kev at HT to a few I know and that I thought Silva (d) was playing well and they disagreed and thought kev had been more in the game....

My mate saw it my way though.

Wasn't dogging kev off pre match but was labouring the point that B Side Silva needs to start in the middle
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum