Carabao Cup Final Plans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Carabao Cup Final Plans

Postby budfox » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:52 am

Well now that I'm going I'd appreciate any advice for the day please, particularly in relation to transport and other do/don't suggestions.

My plan is to get to London around midday and then park at a friend's house in Bayswater, where after a bit of beer lunch I'd get on a tube and aim to get to the stadium around 3:30pm.

Any help would be appreciated.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:30 am

budfox wrote:Well now that I'm going I'd appreciate any advice for the day please, particularly in relation to transport and other do/don't suggestions.

My plan is to get to London around midday and then park at a friend's house in Bayswater, where after a bit of beer lunch I'd get on a tube and aim to get to the stadium around 3:30pm.

Not sure where you coming from but assuming you will be coming in on M40/A40? No point in going past Wembley to bayswater only to come back on yourself.

I park just outside Hillingdon station (free street parking on sundays) hop on the tube for about 20 mins to Wembley park station.

On match days use contactless card on the barrier and costs a fraction of buying a ticket it's a couple of quid each way instead of 9 for a ticket.

Hillingdon is only about 2 miles back to the M25 so you miss most of the queueing traffic in and out.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby branny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:33 am

Plans for final? Sit on the sofa with a glass that will be filled with ale at regular intervals by my good lady. Watch the curtain raiser hoping for the lesser of 3 evils (nil points for the dippers). Watch us win the main event. Have lots more ale to celebrate. Lazy day of recovery on Monday as off work.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:35 am

CTID Hants wrote:
budfox wrote:Well now that I'm going I'd appreciate any advice for the day please, particularly in relation to transport and other do/don't suggestions.

Not sure where you coming from but assuming you will be coming in on M40/A40? No point in going past Wembley to bayswater only to come back on yourself.

I park just outside Hillingdon station (free street parking on sundays) hop on the tube for about 20 mins to Wembley park station.

On match days use contactless card on the barrier and costs a fraction of buying a ticket it's a couple of quid each way instead of 9 for a ticket.

Hillingdon is only about 2 miles back to the M25 so you miss most of the queueing traffic in and out.

sound advice. the bayswater option will add an hour + to your round trip.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby budfox » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:22 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Thanks both, that sounds like good advice. Hillingdon it is then.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:59 pm

budfox wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Thanks both, that sounds like good advice. Hillingdon it is then.

I will DM you about parking
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bear60 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:52 pm

I am
Getting a bit concerned now as it is one week away and my tickets haven’t arrived yet I know I am in upper tier behind the goal hopefully they will arrive this week
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Bear60 wrote:I am
Getting a bit concerned now as it is one week away and my tickets haven’t arrived yet I know I am in upper tier behind the goal hopefully they will arrive this week

I'd get on the phone Bear, ours arrived Thursday having orderd on Tuesday
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:10 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Homing pidgeon ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bear60 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:37 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

I have
Just checked the paperwork and it says 3-5 days before the match so they should be here this week I didn’t get them through City as I haven’t had my season card for a few years now I bought them from live football tickets.com
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby budfox » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:50 pm

Mine arrived yesterday, bought last Wednesday.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:34 pm

I'm in Glasgow all next week and flying up on Sunday. Had to bring my plans forward for the game so will probably end up watching it in the Marriott on my tablet with the Chromecast!

Not the ideal scenario butca crate of Stella should ease the pain ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lovecity8utd » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:09 pm

8.23 train out of Newport with as much beer as can be consumed on 2 hour train ride. Depending on weather, head to green man for more beer. Watch match, hopefully celebrate then back on 9.30 train with more beer. Day off booked the following day.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:44 pm

lovecity8utd wrote:8.23 train out of Newport with as much beer as can be consumed on 2 hour train ride. Depending on weather, head to green man for more beer. Watch match, hopefully celebrate then back on 9.30 train with more beer. Day off booked the following day.

You're spending a week in Newport! Have you been chained to the bed?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby lovecity8utd » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
lovecity8utd wrote:8.23 train out of Newport with as much beer as can be consumed on 2 hour train ride. Depending on weather, head to green man for more beer. Watch match, hopefully celebrate then back on 9.30 train with more beer. Day off booked the following day.

Ha ha ha. I live here!
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Enjoy it, everybody.

A 1.30 a.m. kick off here. I'll be watching you all on the telly. Please feel free to give me a wave (or two fingers).
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:52 pm

lovecity8utd wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Ha ha ha. I live here!

maybe we can spare some money from the site fundraiser for you?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Looking for a good pub to watch United beat Liverpool on Sunday, thinking that flannerys is probably the best bet. 20 mins walk from Wembley.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bear60 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:08 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Looking for a good pub to watch United beat Liverpool on Sunday, thinking that flannerys is probably the best bet. 20 mins walk from Wembley.

That’s where I will be heading see you there few jars
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:52 am

Bear60 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Looking for a good pub to watch United beat Liverpool on Sunday, thinking that flannerys is probably the best bet. 20 mins walk from Wembley.

That’s where I will be heading see you there few jars

See you there :mrgreen:
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum