this week’s cl games 12/13 & 19/20 feb

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: this week’s cl games 12/13 & 19/20 feb

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:45 pm

They scored three yet or Dublin chatting out the crack of his Homes Under the Hammer arse?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Although he hasn't really done much wrong, I've never seen such a pro English ref in a cl game.

Usually see them favour the continental teams in any 50-50 calls
Last edited by FA cup winners 2006 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:47 pm

Mase wrote:They scored three yet or Dublin chatting out the crack of his Homes Under the Hammer arse?

It’s coming.
Watch for the gegenpress.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:49 pm

Both teams boring me but at least dippers are trying to attack. Bayern offering fuck all.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:54 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Both teams boring me but at least dippers are trying to attack. Bayern offering fuck all.

True.
But mission accomplished as far as Bayern are concerned. Offered nothing going forward but TBH Liverpool were very poor second half.
Salah was shite.

Hummels MOTM as far as I’m concerned.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby budfox » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:54 pm

I think the Dippers will go through after that.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:58 pm

budfox wrote:I think the Dippers will go through after that.

Kimmich out for the return match.
Still fancy the Dippers but they’ve gone to muck recently.
Rags beating them could really demoralize them.

0-0 Lyons and Barca also.
Hope we have a few away goals tomorrow.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:58 pm

They're very likely to nick an away goal :x

Another great European night at Anfield.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:06 pm

That game was abysmal. How many times did both the teams give the ball away, it was like watching the under 8s.coupdnt bring myself to support either team so ended up just shouting at both as they're uteer cunts of a team.

Don't give a fuck who goes through, I reckon we've got the beating of both of them, but if we do meet, the usual CL directives will be obeyed by the officials.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Woodyblue » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:08 pm

Hmm I think the pressure will start to build from this result going forward to Sunday. Nowhere near a convincing performance tonight and they looked knackered towards the end. A bad result against the rags and they will travel to the Allianze shitting themselves. Camelgob just said he is confident they will go through but then again he predicted a 3-1 win for the Dippers at half time. Fuckwit
Woodyblue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Mario Ballotelli

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:15 pm

I don't get that take on it. The German Rags went their to avoid a defeat and did well to nullify the Dippers, allowing them only 2 shots on target. Bayern had the majority of possession in the first half and ended up with more than the home team overall. How can that be when the Royals of European football, on another glorious night in Analfield, with the Kop scaring the living daylights out of the away team, are so very much a big club that should be trampling all before them.

One win in the last 4, 3 in the last 8, here's hoping that run continues in the near future.

Fucking turds
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:20 pm

Yep how I see it is Bayern done a job on them. Bayern will be more dangerous at home. Liverpool’s strength (Anfield) has been nullified and they should be there for the taking. If rags beat them on Sunday I can really see the wheels falling off and the fans starting to turn nasty.

Here’s hoping.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby budfox » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I don't get that take on it. The German Rags went their to avoid a defeat and did well to nullify the Dippers, allowing them only 2 shots on target. Bayern had the majority of possession in the first half and ended up with more than the home team overall. How can that be when the Royals of European football, on another glorious night in Analfield, with the Kop scaring the living daylights out of the away team, are so very much a big club that should be trampling all before them.

One win in the last 4, 3 in the last 8, here's hoping that run continues in the near future.

Fucking turds

I just think they'll score in the away leg and I don't think Bayern will score two. Hope I'm wrong.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:35 pm

budfox wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Fucking turds

I just think they'll score in the away leg and I don't think Bayern will score two. Hope I'm wrong.

Do you not think that this game has placed extra pressure on the Dippers? I'm looking at them in a very different light since the turn of the year. They're no longer getting the calls as the light is shining brightly on them and without certain calls they'd be nowhere near.

Let's see who UEFA look after in a home game in Munich and if the Dippers win it fair and square, I'll give them the praise they deserve.

Just remember, Bayern have been widely criticised for being shit, of late, yet they still hold the biggest ever royality to a draw at home. Something is telling.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:49 am

london blue 2 wrote:Yep how I see it is Bayern done a job on them. Bayern will be more dangerous at home. Liverpool’s strength (Anfield) has been nullified and they should be there for the taking. If rags beat them on Sunday I can really see the wheels falling off and the fans starting to turn nasty.
Here’s hoping.

...compared to the choirboys that they are now ?
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:52 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
budfox wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Fucking turds

Do you not think that this game has placed extra pressure on the Dippers? I'm looking at them in a very different light since the turn of the year. They're no longer getting the calls as the light is shining brightly on them and without certain calls they'd be nowhere near.

Let's see who UEFA look after in a home game in Munich and if the Dippers win it fair and square, I'll give them the praise they deserve.
Just remember, Bayern have been widely criticised for being shit, of late, yet they still hold the biggest ever royality to a draw at home. Something is telling.

A couple of points that need straightening out :
1. They very rarely win fair & square.
2. They are the dregs of humanity ; they do not deserve praise.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:31 am

RodneyRodney wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
budfox wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Fucking turds

A couple of points that need straightening out :
1. They very rarely win fair & square.
2. They are the dregs of humanity ; they do not deserve praise.

Good points, well made.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:07 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Yep how I see it is Bayern done a job on them. Bayern will be more dangerous at home. Liverpool’s strength (Anfield) has been nullified and they should be there for the taking. If rags beat them on Sunday I can really see the wheels falling off and the fans starting to turn nasty.
Here’s hoping.

...compared to the choirboys that they are now ?

I meant towards their own players/coaches.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:49 pm

Juventus 2-0 down at Atletico. Got it all to do in Turin
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:51 pm