Some FA Cup chat...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Some FA Cup chat...

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:22 pm

Enjoy :)

Just a few words of wisdom from the home fans tomorrow, and I think they sound like a decent bunch. They are coming straight off a defeat to MK Dons, so they might look to bounce back with us! At least we have to get a result tomorrow, so no need to worry about an extra game if we can’t wrap this up in 90 minutes

COME ON CITY!!!

Referee: Andre Marriner
Assistant Referees: Simon Long & Sian Massey-Ellis
Fourth Official: Lee Probert

Team Selection

Day, Poole, O'Brien, Demetriou, Willmott, Bennett, Bakinson, Labadie, Butler, Amond, Matt
(Taken from The Independent)

And the rest…
I think Newport city centre is going to be buzzing all Saturday, and the place will feel as if something special is taking place. Can't wait for the whole (slightly) unique experience. We will possibly see quite a few star names, but I don't expect to see David Silva, De Bruyne or Aguero

Just savour the fact that at 5.30pm Sat we will be the Best supported club in the world! Never thought I`d see that day! …Up the Port!

I hope the council take note of what a boost to the local economy a successful sports team is in the city. I hope they formulate a plan to get the incompetent WRU out of our city and develop a fit for purpose stadium…Whilst the club can be rightly proud of the teams progress, the pitch and facilities are actually a disgrace and reflect poorly on us as the third City in Wales

It's interesting that Pep has played quite strong teams - even the second leg at Burton when he could have played all kids so maybe that's about a bit of respect for the smaller club and the fans buying tickets expecting to see some big names. However, with Champions League next week I expect him to rest quite a few, maybe have them on the bench as insurance. I'd love it if we can score a goal against them - even better if it's the first one - for a bit of excitement but realistically expect us to lose by 3 which would be no disgrace. For me Saturday should just be a bit of a celebration of what the club has achieved and something for us to enjoy with no pressure of expectation. What's more important is what we do with the money we've earned to improve ourselves for the future.

Meh!! De Bruyne is ok! but he's no matty dolan.

I'm just looking at it as a chance to see some of the best players in the world in a game where our own players should feel zero pressure. If City's team were all the same nationality, they could easily win the World Cup

The Manchester Evening News seem to have done us a favour by publishing Mansfield manager David Flitcroft's paranoid comments following their defeat at Rodney Parade. Apparently, City will need to be prepared to play on a "mudheap" against a side that commits "foul after foul"…No need for any "mind games" from Mike Flynn

Don't come down expecting an easy ride…Leeds tried ... Spurs tried ... Leicester tried ... This may mean nowt to your lot, but Wigan went for it last season, and guess what

Currently watching on TV Arsenal playing on a pitch in similar condition to ours. It is having little effect on their style of play. EDIT: Except they've just gone 1 down

Pep whatsisname has given a press conference today in which he showed a good knowledge County and County's strengths. He certainly knows what he is up against

I spoke to my mate this morning who was complaining that there was no "fantasy football" this weekend, You got to be having a laugh there is no greater "fantasy football " than County v Man City

I've just seen footage of all their big guns turning up at the Celtic Manor. All of them. Makes it even more exciting

Only 2 definitely not playing are Mendy and Kompany! All others are travelling down!!!

I think Pep gave the County a lot of respect in that Press conference. He was complimentary about our Boro (replay) performance, said that we were the better team. He suggested that in some areas we are bigger and stronger than them, and that they will have to adapt. He also said that they will all have experience of playing on pitches like ours and will adapt to the conditions

A very professional approach. They seem to be taking us seriously

Very classy from Pep, fair play…Although it would have been hilarious if he'd come out and said "Are you mad? We're MILES better than this lot. If we don't win by seven or eight, I'll be fuming. I'm pondering putting out our under-11s just to make a game of it..."

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Some FA Cup chat...

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Cheers CM.

Very decent comments. Liked the one about if all our players were the same nationality, we’d win the World Cup
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:43 pm

I love the "Wigan beat City once so we can" kind of comments :lol: I remember when we were shit and we beat Barca in a friendly and I was the same
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:22 am

Mase wrote:I love the "Wigan beat City once so we can" kind of comments :lol: I remember when we were shit and we beat Barca in a friendly and I was the same

Ha remember that game and always said "that Barca aren't all that, we can do 'em! "
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Nick wrote:
Mase wrote:I love the "Wigan beat City once so we can" kind of comments :lol: I remember when we were shit and we beat Barca in a friendly and I was the same

Ha remember that game and always said "that Barca aren't all that, we can do 'em! "

We won that shitty trophy when Petrov scored the winner against them and I went around like City had just done the treble :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Return to The Maine Football forum