***Newport v City FA Cup| Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Newport v City FA Cup| Official Match Thread***

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:57 am

Ironpot wrote:So proud of my team today. So professional. NO histrionics, dramas, penalty claims complaints about the pitch condition - just totally professional. Ref helped for sure. Terrific illustration just why this competition is important to not only the domestic game but the whole world. I know the press won't praise the club for their attitude but true football fans appreciate what a brilliant game this was.

City's man-of-the-match Foden claimed the Rodney Parade pitch was the worst he has ever played on, as he reflected on his impressive display.

"It was the worst conditions I have played in," said the City youngster. "We had to show professionalism and keep the ball moving and they tired in the end''
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:59 am

budfox wrote:BBC website, Newport boss Michael Flyn:

"The respect and class Man City have shown since they have come here, Guardiola invited players into his dressing room. He is such a classy manager and football club. I’m an ambitious manager, I want more times like this. I would love to take Newport up once we have tasted this. You want more and I definitely want more."

This is why we are so fucking great.

This wont fit with the narrative of most journos agendas.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ironpot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:12 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

"The respect and class Man City have shown since they have come here, Guardiola invited players into his dressing room. He is such a classy manager and football club. I’m an ambitious manager, I want more times like this. I would love to take Newport up once we have tasted this. You want more and I definitely want more."

I know, I know! But real football people see it for what it is. It’s pure Class!
Ironpot
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:13 am

Jonathan Pearce called us the "champions" on MOTD. Weird, because he called Liverpool the "champions" the other week. Can't make his mind up fat prick
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:16 am

Ironpot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I know, I know! But real football people see it for what it is. It’s pure Class!

I am one of the few on here that believe there is, and always has been, an agenda by journos and some refs /linos against our club ever since we starting smashing everyone up.

The commentators were fuckign depressed when we scored that 3rd goal...you could hear the fuckign bawling and crying.

I love it.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:19 am

bigblue wrote:I firmly believe that Pep tells Mahrez to play more direct and take more shots than the other players because of Mahrezs ability in the final 3rd. If that wasn't the case he'd be hooked after 20 mins.

I'd agree with this. And being as though we go nuts at Silva for not shooting enough, maybe we need somebody who has a pop a little more often. Also I don't see Fern get the same criticism for some of his frequent 'speculative efforts'.
I don't care for Mahrez, I dislike his cutting inside consistently, but I thought yesterday he mixed it up a little more.
I'd also agree with the point somebody made about playing a left footed player on the left to be more effective.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:25 am

Upson on MOTD suggested Newport showed us too much respect. Literally after their manager had said they just couldn't get near us :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:I firmly believe that Pep tells Mahrez to play more direct and take more shots than the other players because of Mahrezs ability in the final 3rd. If that wasn't the case he'd be hooked after 20 mins.

I'd agree with this. And being as though we go nuts at Silva for not shooting enough, maybe we need somebody who has a pop a little more often. Also I don't see Fern get the same criticism for some of his frequent 'speculative efforts'.
I don't care for Mahrez, I dislike his cutting inside consistently, but I thought yesterday he mixed it up a little more.
I'd also agree with the point somebody made about playing a left footed player on the left to be more effective.

Petrov>Mahrez
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:53 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

By Jack Gaughan

Riyad Mahrez is a man desperate for minutes — but not these minutes. Not on a field of mud, not up against lower league defenders who have no qualms letting him know they are around.

What else could Manchester City do, though? Choosing not to play their £60million record signing, who last started a Premier League game on December 30, would have been some statement. Just get out there and get on with it.

A hostile Rodney Parade in difficult conditions for flair players is not the environment somebody of the Algerian’s ilk relishes. Yet that should not really matter. Mahrez’s destiny is in his own hands.

It is up to him whether he forces a way into Pep Guardiola’s plans. At the moment, he is nowhere close. More than a few around the club are querying why they committed so much money on him last summer rather than spend extra on a central midfielder or left back.

There are reasons for that — the debacle surrounding Jorginho, for one — but bog-standard displays like this will do nothing to silence those doubters. A goal for Mahrez in stoppage time, with the Premier League champions already leading 3-1, should not change that feeling.

Guardiola claimed before this FA Cup tie that Mahrez has done nothing wrong, just that those in front of him are in superior form. It is hard not to feel for the 27-year-old. To watch young Phil Foden seemingly mentor him as City headed into the break goalless was striking. This is a man who has lifted the PFA Player of the Year award, remember.
Choosing not to play their £60million record signing would have been some statement

A Rodney Parade in difficult conditions for flair players is not the environment he relishes

If that was an eye-opener, so too was the look of exasperation David Silva wore after the pair fluffed a routine free-kick.

What painted an even clearer picture of exactly where Mahrez stands at the club came as City broke at pace before half time — four men pouring forward, only to find their outlet on the left 10 yards behind where Guardiola would demand. The move faltered.

Perhaps this was further evidence of why Mahrez currently sits down the pecking order.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Frankmanc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:02 am

Slim wrote:
Frankmanc wrote:Animosity on this forum no wonder hardly anyone bothers with it .

Most people on this forum have stuck with it for over a decade, close to two for some of us(including the old mancity.net days).

Animosity is part of the furniture, but it’s honest. The ones who have bothered with it...stick.

Probably the reason there are only around 8 to 10 regular posters on here then ?
Frankmanc
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:06 am

Frankmanc wrote:
Slim wrote:
Frankmanc wrote:Animosity on this forum no wonder hardly anyone bothers with it .

Most people on this forum have stuck with it for over a decade, close to two for some of us(including the old mancity.net days).

Animosity is part of the furniture, but it’s honest. The ones who have bothered with it...stick.

Probably the reason there are only around 8 to 10 regular posters on here then ?

I blame twitter personally
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:15 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Frankmanc wrote:
Slim wrote:

I blame twitter personally

I blame new members being soft as fuck.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:15 pm

Frankmanc wrote:
Slim wrote:

Do you need a hug as well ?

FIBD is available.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Frankmanc » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:01 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Frankmanc wrote:
Slim wrote:

FIBD is available.

? You must be the forum big head ? a couple of others come across as fucked up lonely individuals who think they are football geniuses and the other 6 just tag along ? Think I have got now ! Thankfully Manchester City and its fans are reflected in a much better way on other forums that are friendly and much busier .
Frankmanc
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:04 pm

Frankmanc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Frankmanc wrote:
Slim wrote:

FIBD is available.

? You must be the forum big head ? a couple of others come across as fucked up lonely individuals who think they are football geniuses and the other 6 just tag along ? Think I have got now ! Thankfully Manchester City and its fans are reflected in a much better way on other forums that are friendly and much busier .

Keep the light on as you fuck off out the door....some of us are still chatting away.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Frankmanc wrote:? You must be the forum big head ? a couple of others come across as fucked up lonely individuals who think they are football geniuses and the other 6 just tag along ? Think I have got now ! Thankfully Manchester City and its fans are reflected in a much better way on other forums that are friendly and much busier .

Keep the light on as you fuck off out the door....some of us are still chatting away.

Play nice Carl. This place is shrinking, it can’t be denied.
Frank, other places may be busier but if you want a true reflection of a cross section of our support then look at the Brexit thread in BM. Makes this place look quite sane and a lot friendlier.

The reason people bounce off each other in here is because of the size of the forum, individuals don’t get lost in the noise.
As time goes by you get s better understanding of personality, if that’s actually possible over social media.

What you read here and take umbrage with, most regulars just shrug off and come back for more.

There is a danger though lads that we can become characatures of what we think people expect from us.

Probably too deep for you Carl.
But this place does need an injection at the moment, I feel.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:13 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Frankmanc wrote:? You must be the forum big head ? a couple of others come across as fucked up lonely individuals who think they are football geniuses and the other 6 just tag along ? Think I have got now ! Thankfully Manchester City and its fans are reflected in a much better way on other forums that are friendly and much busier .

Play nice Carl. This place is shrinking, it can’t be denied.
Frank, other places may be busier but if you want a true reflection of a cross section of our support then look at the Brexit thread in BM. Makes this place look quite sane and a lot friendlier.

The reason people bounce off each other in here is because of the size of the forum, individuals don’t get lost in the noise.
As time goes by you get s better understanding of personality, if that’s actually possible over social media.

What you read here and take umbrage with, most regulars just shrug off and come back for more.

There is a danger though lads that we can become caricatures of what we think people expect from us.

Probably too deep for you Carl.
But this place does need an injection at the moment, I feel.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I feel too many people in today's society are too fuckign weak minded....they get offended by anything , literally anything - as Ive said many times over they want to man up and grow a pair instead of crying like pathetic cunts.
This site has had thousands of internal strife over 20 years Ive been on it , but most stay on and brush it off and carry on...others decide otherwise and fuck off....c'est la vie.

Every so often this site will attract new characters ,as it has done for 20 years , and those like whiny bollocks above, who find it unfriendly , can always go to BM and get lost in the background.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:35 pm

I don't know why you're giving this guy time and space .

If he doesn't like it he'll disappear .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:38 pm

zuricity wrote:I don't know why you're giving this guy time and space .

Its one of FIBD many personalities.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:I don't know why you're giving this guy time and space .

Its one of FIBD many personalities.

That means there's even less members on the board.

Just had a look at BM - the first in years .

If they think i am going to tolerate so many ads , they can shove it . I don't care about the dialog content , i don't need more junk thrown at me.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum