*** Schalke vs Man City official UCL match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Schalke vs Man City official UCL match thread***

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Mase wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:Sanes free kick was as cool as a cucumber

I almost thought we had Kolarov back.

When you saw Otamendi's defending?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:44 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Blue Jam wrote:Sanes free kick was as cool as a cucumber

I almost thought we had Kolarov back.

When you saw Otamendi's defending?

I thought, "hey, at least he's not playing as bad as Kev"
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:31 pm

bernardo needs to play in the middle in place of silva. end of. as for KDB, yes, he's rusty AF but he's still creating 2-3 chances out of nothing every match. no one else in the squad (even silva at his peak) is capable of that.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:38 pm

I think we are a bit harsh with Otter.

It's not like he touched the ball on purpose, while the second yellow? How many times we saw that without getting any card from the ref? Since the penalty he was a target in the eyes of that spanish fella.

Could had happen to anyone of them.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:38 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Pep is fuming. His comments are basically saying we are getting fucked by the officials

Would have loved to listen to that, had a dodgy stream so not worth the time.

Good to see he's calling them out though. Won't make a difference but it makes me feel better.

He didn’t actually call them out Beefy. He agreed with everything and said it must be right it’s VAR. He always wanted VAR. I think NB is reading the body language.

Hopefully it was in a sarcastic manner. Even the Rags and Dippers I know said there was something very amiss with the way we are officiated/treated.

Pep is right in one respect, we won't win it if we allow the officials even a hint to fuck us over. I think that's what he was meaning ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:47 pm

PeterParker wrote:I think we are a bit harsh with Otter.

It's not like he touched the ball on purpose, while the second yellow? How many times we saw that without getting any card from the ref? Since the penalty he was a target in the eyes of that spanish fella.

Could had happen to anyone of them.

I don't place any blame at Otter"s feet, when ever is that a first yellow, nevermind a second. I get that it hit his arm but the rules at the moment state that it has to be deliberate. And even though I believe we need a revamp of the regulations wrt VAR, at this time that incedent cannot be classed as deliberate therefore no penalty and even if you give it, as it's not deliberate it shouldn't be a yellow. For my money the time delay was for whether they gave him a straight red. They wanted to but just couldn't work out of they could.

And, for the second, that's never given as a card as the player is going back to his own goal. Consider the difference a bit later when there were 2 clear hacks at our players that led to the Same goal. Much worse, player nearing on goal, no card shown.

Only one conclusion for me I'm afraid. Or should that word be collusion?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:02 pm

Beeb reporting a blue is in a critical condition following an assault after the game .
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bluemoon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:19 pm

Re-watching the highlights as I make my way down to the smoke.

Still feel the penalty was harsh after re-watching several times and listening/reading the various view points. We see these type of incidents not given more often than they are given. In fact we were on the end of a more obvious one not being given against Newport. Either way, the VAR thing was a farce and what I don't get is the explanation being given about the delay on the 1st penalty. If the delay was down to the screen not being available to the referee, why didn't the ref use it for our goal, or did he?

Regardless of the penalty decisions, my biggest gripe are the yellow cards for Otter, if the ref hasn't seen the incident how the feck can he book him? Surely the VAR referee can't make that decision? The second was a nothing foul that 9 out of 10 times would be nothing more than free-kick. I'm trying my best to look at this without my blue tinted specs, but it's hard not to think there is an agenda when you see shit like this again and again and again. It wasn't as bad as what we experienced against the Scousers last season, but I get the feeling we'll experience more of that in the next round. Our players need to be mentally prepared for this shit.

They were really poor and you can see why they're struggling in the Bundesliga, which is why I'm still left scratching my head at how we can go from sublime in the first 20mins to utter pap for sustained periods there after, was it a case of too many chefs in midfield or complacency? I thought we looked much better with 10 and that's when we started finding spaces like the first 20. Bernardo our best player again, and he's got to be first name on the team sheet for Sunday.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wooders » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:02 pm

BM I believe a handball in the box is a mandatory yellow at least in answer to your first question
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:09 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Pep is fuming. His comments are basically saying we are getting fucked by the officials

Good to see he's calling them out though. Won't make a difference but it makes me feel better.

He didn’t actually call them out Beefy. He agreed with everything and said it must be right it’s VAR. He always wanted VAR. I think NB is reading the body language.

Hopefully it was in a sarcastic manner. Even the Rags and Dippers I know said there was something very amiss with the way we are officiated/treated.

Pep is right in one respect, we won't win it if we allow the officials even a hint to fuck us over. I think that's what he was meaning ;-)

You hope correctly Beefy, even in his english, he clearly conveyed a massive irony in agreeing with the decisions.
He was really pissed off and knowing he would get sanctioned just piled it on thick. His suggestion that the players are not ready was also said with a thick sense of irony, that clearly our players need to wise up to the agenda against them.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I think that’s what most are taking from his comments.
He said nothing wrong and yet it could be interpreted as saying we’re not ready to be accepted as much as we as a team are not ready to overcome that fact.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:39 pm

Cheers gentlemen.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:36 am

bluemoon wrote:Re-watching the highlights as I make my way down to the smoke.

Still feel the penalty was harsh after re-watching several times and listening/reading the various view points. We see these type of incidents not given more often than they are given. In fact we were on the end of a more obvious one not being given against Newport. Either way, the VAR thing was a farce and what I don't get is the explanation being given about the delay on the 1st penalty. If the delay was down to the screen not being available to the referee, why didn't the ref use it for our goal, or did he?

Regardless of the penalty decisions, my biggest gripe are the yellow cards for Otter, if the ref hasn't seen the incident how the feck can he book him? Surely the VAR referee can't make that decision? The second was a nothing foul that 9 out of 10 times would be nothing more than free-kick. I'm trying my best to look at this without my blue tinted specs, but it's hard not to think there is an agenda when you see shit like this again and again and again. It wasn't as bad as what we experienced against the Scousers last season, but I get the feeling we'll experience more of that in the next round. Our players need to be mentally prepared for this shit.

They were really poor and you can see why they're struggling in the Bundesliga, which is why I'm still left scratching my head at how we can go from sublime in the first 20mins to utter pap for sustained periods there after, was it a case of too many chefs in midfield or complacency? I thought we looked much better with 10 and that's when we started finding spaces like the first 20. Bernardo our best player again, and he's got to be first name on the team sheet for Sunday.

Bernardo is undropable .

Re your post - we need to score 3 goals a game to ensure we win otherwise we are fucked .

You wouldn’t have got more than even money for the first big VAR controversy being anyone else other than a match involving Man city .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:37 am

The second decision was also correctly made on the basis of the Laws of the Game (Law 11 – Offside) which stipulates: “if a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence”.

The images in the picture above - taken at the exact same moment from two different angles - clearly show that a foul is committed inside the box before the Schalke player could even attempt to play the ball and hence such offence must be punished with the awarding of a penalty kick

Did not know that
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:52 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
The second decision was also correctly made on the basis of the Laws of the Game (Law 11 – Offside) which stipulates: “if a player in an offside position is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball and is fouled before playing or attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred before the offside offence”.

The images in the picture above - taken at the exact same moment from two different angles - clearly show that a foul is committed inside the box before the Schalke player could even attempt to play the ball and hence such offence must be punished with the awarding of a penalty kick

Did not know that

You didn't know because they've just made it up.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 am

Saul Goodman wrote:

Did not know that

Neither did I.

However, I'm not having it that it was a foul. That "coming together" happens at every free kick and corner. Jenas was very vocal about this on BT and its the old chestnut of inconsistency rearing its ugly head again.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:41 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Did not know that

You didn't know because they've just made it up.

"Occured before the offside offense" - sound, just every cunt in the world stand in an offside position tussling with the defender and flop to the floor. Makes sense...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum