*** Schalke vs Man City official UCL match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Schalke vs Man City official UCL match thread***

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:34 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:Just listening to ex-PL ref Peter Walton on BT saying both pens were correct decisions, even though Rio, Hargreaves and Lescott disagree. Apparently, trying to get your hand out of the way with less than a second of reaction time is deliberate hand ball, and being off side when a free kick comes into the box and moving towards the ball is ok, as you've not touched it yet so the 1st offence is Fern's. Stupid twat! Must still be getting paid by Pigmol.

but don't let those facts get in the way of a thick bad Ref collect his 200 quid for appearing on a TV show.

By the way , Fern didn't foul the guy. There was a coming together of bodies.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:37 pm

zuricity wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:Just listening to ex-PL ref Peter Walton on BT saying both pens were correct decisions, even though Rio, Hargreaves and Lescott disagree. Apparently, trying to get your hand out of the way with less than a second of reaction time is deliberate hand ball, and being off side when a free kick comes into the box and moving towards the ball is ok, as you've not touched it yet so the 1st offence is Fern's. Stupid twat! Must still be getting paid by Pigmol.

but don't let those facts get in the way of a thick bad Ref collect his 200 quid for appearing on a TV show.

By the way , Fern didn't foul the guy. There was a coming together of bodies.

My bad. I thought any "coming together" involving a City player was a foul by us!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Outcast » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:45 pm

Forget the performance. This is a great result. We showed great character and resilience. This test will make us stronger for latter stages. Make no mistake about it.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:46 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Anyone got a video of Ederson caving their heads in at the end?

Don't fuck with the son of Jaws :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby bigblue » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:50 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Don't fuck with the son of Jaws :lol:

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:58 pm

bigblue wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote: I always seem to get stick for my criticism of sterling. If anyone wants to go back to about the 68th minute will tell you why i dislike him. The ball was played up to him, lost it in a one on one, his man came away with the ball and sterling made the laziest chase back ever

what a fucking idiot.

And what a result given the circumstances

Be careful who you go around calling an idiot, you'll get a well deserved smack some day or maybe you are one of these pussies who only do it behind a keyboard

lol fly over to DC and say hello ya big stiff idiot. You can't get much dumber than threatening anonymous people over the internet

Do you go around calling people you meet on a day to day basis an idiot? If so you you will end up getting a well deserved smack.

Are you American or an expat, the former would explain alot
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Pep pretty well saying we can’t play like that and win the CL. Correct.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:07 pm

blues2win wrote:Pep pretty well saying we can’t play like that and win the CL. Correct.

what? because the refs are looking to nail us ?

I think we can play like that and win the CL. Because , over the 100 or more minutes the team played, we actually won 3.2. So Pep needs to keep quiet .

We won tonight. and if every game until the end of the season , rolls out like tonight, we will win 4 trophies.

"It was a great result," said Guardiola. "We gave them two penalties, we gave them a red card, and in this competition that is not too good. We are still not ready to fight for the latter stages, that is reality, but the result is good.

"We played with incredible personality. We gave two goals when they did absolutely nothing. It is not over, this competition is completely different."
Last edited by zuricity on Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Pep is fuming. His comments are basically saying we are getting fucked by the officials

Would have loved to listen to that, had a dodgy stream so not worth the time.

Good to see he's calling them out though. Won't make a difference but it makes me feel better.

He didn’t actually call them out Beefy. He agreed with everything and said it must be right it’s VAR. He always wanted VAR. I think NB is reading the body language.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:12 pm

zuricity wrote:
blues2win wrote:Pep pretty well saying we can’t play like that and win the CL. Correct.

I think we can play like that and win the CL. Because , over the 100 or more minutes the team played, we actually won 3.2. So Pep needs to keep quiet .

We won tonight. and if every game until the end of the season , rolls out like tonight, we will win 4 trophies.

But we were playing Schalke. We put in that type of performance against any of the other 14 teams and we get beat
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bigblue » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:14 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Do you go around calling people you meet on a day to day basis an idiot? If so you you will end up getting a well deserved smack.

Thankfully almost no one I encounter on a daily basis is as dumb as you.

Imagine hating the best young player on a team you support (who also just scored the winning goal in a CL knockout game). Then threatening anonymous strangers who call you out on it.

It you tried to smack me you'd probably end up hitting yourself in the face.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:16 pm

He said we are not ready to fight for the later stages so that is the reality. Too many mistakes as far as he was concerned.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:18 pm

All about composure and know how, is what I took from it.
Knowing how to play to get through difficult ties.

I do think he’s playing down expectations though as well. This team at their best are good enough.
His point is you have to be constantly at your best in this competition.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:20 pm

zuricity wrote:

But we were playing Schalke. We put in that type of performance against any of the other 14 teams and we get beat

We don't get beat, we will be beaten.

However, each game and opponent is different . This team/squad is more than capable of beating any of the teams left in the CL.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:20 pm

bigblue wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Do you go around calling people you meet on a day to day basis an idiot? If so you you will end up getting a well deserved smack.

Thankfully almost no one I encounter on a daily basis is as dumb as you.

Imagine hating the best young player on a team you support (who also just scored the winning goal in a CL knockout game). Then threatening anonymous strangers who call you out on it.

It you tried to smack me you'd probably end up hitting yourself in the face.

The chances of us ever being face to face is zero and it is easy for you to go around and call people idiots from behind a computer screen and add i said if you do that to someone's face you will end up with a well deserved slap.

I think Sane is better than sterling so i don't hate the best young player at our club.

Did Sterling take his opportunity well? yes.
Would he be expected to finish the chance? yes.
Did he play well throughout the previous 90 minutes? Absolutely not.

I see you still haven't come back on my previous question about the most recent excellent performance put in by sterling prior to Chelsea
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:28 pm

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:

However, each game and opponent is different . This team/squad is more than capable of beating any of the teams left in the CL.

On our day yes, however our attitude in the big pressure games at this time of year stinks.

If we lose against teams that are technically better than us or are better set up tactically, then fair enough but the shit cocky attitude we tend to turn up with is unacceptable. Hard work and a will to battle should be first, everything else would come because i don't think there are any teams as good as us technically or better prepared as we have the best manager in the world
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:37 pm

zuricity wrote:
zuricity wrote:

On our day yes, however our attitude in the big pressure games at this time of year stinks.

If we lose against teams that are technically better than us or are better set up tactically, then fair enough but the shit cocky attitude we tend to turn up with is unacceptable. Hard work and a will to battle should be first, everything else would come because i don't think there are any teams as good as us technically or better prepared as we have the best manager in the world

Shouldn't you be in bed ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby dazby » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:54 pm

Mase wrote:I can see Otter getting one, possibly two.

Spot on call Mase.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby bigblue » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:00 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:The chances of us ever being face to face is zero and it is easy for you to go around and call people idiots from behind a computer screen and add i said if you do that to someone's face you will end up with a well deserved slap.

I think Sane is better than sterling so i don't hate the best young player at our club.

I always seem to get stick for my criticism of sterling. If anyone wants to go back to about the 68th minute will tell you why i dislike him.

Did Sterling take his opportunity well? yes.
Would he be expected to finish the chance? yes.
Did he play well throughout the previous 90 minutes? Absolutely not.

I see you still haven't come back on my previous question about the most recent excellent performance put in by sterling prior to Chelsea

You brought the possibility of physical confrontation, not me. And hows this for a player you dislike so much (as of 1 month ago):

You get stick for criticising him every chance you get because it's idiotic. He gets enough stick from the media and other fans. So to hear it from a City fan as well is mind boggling.
Last edited by bigblue on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:01 am

zuricity wrote:
Shouldn't you be in bed ?

why?
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext