*** Schalke vs Man City official UCL match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Schalke vs Man City official UCL match thread***

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:34 am

PaulieIrish wrote:Peter the BT ref can go and fuck off. All agree the guy was offside. Apparently that's not an offense until you hit the ball now.

Both pens extremely harsh

What he didnt say was that he becomes offside when he goes for the ball which he was clearly doing. But the whole thing was a farce and we still won.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:39 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:Someone mentioned it earlier but another Spanish ref, another obviously-biased performance. Can't be just coincidence every time, can it?

What about the 3-0 win we had earlier this season with the same guy?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:43 am

We have played so many games, won well and it's been hard to decide on the MotM beacuse so many have been excellent but although that was a top win in the circumstances there were not that many who you could actually had a very good game.

Bernado was good again and Merlin decent but Sterling , who has been magnificent lately , wasn't very good at all. How good though that he still had the quality for the winning goal. Aguero had some good moments but a bit below par I thought and it was a bit like that all round.

Pep was right we gave the ball away too often and too easily. Kevin as guilty as anyone and it was him losing the ball that set them off for their first goal. Add to that we were just not clinical in the last 3rd even to the point of not getting a shot away when we should have either scored or been close.

So an off night and a win away in the chumps league. Can't be all that bad can it
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 am

dazby wrote:
Mase wrote:I can see Otter getting one, possibly two.

Spot on call Mase.

I'm never wrong.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:30 am

blues2win wrote:Pep pretty well saying we can’t play like that and win the CL. Correct.

I strongly suspect that what he says in public and what he actually thinks are two very different things.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:36 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
PaulieIrish wrote:Peter the BT ref can go and fuck off. All agree the guy was offside. Apparently that's not an offense until you hit the ball now.

Both pens extremely harsh

What he didnt say was that he becomes offside when he goes for the ball which he was clearly doing. But the whole thing was a farce and we still won.

Six more games like this if we keep winning. It is going to be the same every match until they manage to fiddle us out or we win the trophy. At least the players know what to expect. The fans have known for years.

Now, Pep, perhaps you understand why we boo their shitty, bent, money-grabbing anthem.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:23 am

6 more games like this?

Noooooooooooooooooo.........

:D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:11 am

zuricity wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Fantastic comeback. That strike made it possible.

That said, we can't win this. We will not be allowed to do it. Schalke scored two goals today and got a player sent off for doing nothing for 90 minutes. The penalties were correct, but the VAR screen not working at this level is beyond anything.

Stop please ! The penalties were not correct. The referee was awful . He should have carded several Schalke players .

You are very wrong .

Yes, it has been proven. We can win this Three good ,well worked goals tonight and many close calls . So i disagree with you completely. You are very wrong in your opinion.

If we were in the shoes of Schalke and didn’t got that I would had been annoyed. It had the circumstances to be penalties in both scenarios. What happend later is the issue: the Var screen not working at this level.

This happend vs schalke, a really poor team. Even at 1-2 we would had won at home. But similar stuff will happen later in the competition in key moments vs harder teams.
Last edited by PeterParker on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:51 am

Wonder why Kev has been awful since he's come back. He's barely played all season, but this has to be his worse season with us since he joined, surely? Silva has gone off the boil too.
Our two beat playmakers being crap at the same time isn't great.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:08 am

Mase wrote:Wonder why Kev has been awful since he's come back. He's barely played all season, but this has to be his worse season with us since he joined, surely? Silva has gone off the boil too.

What. Silva alert to rob the Centre half and 1-0 and Kev is getting upto speed.Not the easiest job at the level we are at. No pre-season and 6 months out, Show a little faith Mase, class is without doubt.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:13 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Having looked st the two penalties and listening to Walton’s explanations and I’m actually more confused now.

I can understand the first one being given but for the second he says he was offside but hadn’t be given the chance to interfere with play before he was fouled so it’s a penalty.

That’s just bullshit.
Zuricity. I take it back about that one.

The other thing about the first is Otter was booked without the ref seeing a replay.
He then got sent off for being thick later.

That first yellow is dubious st best.

CL always throws up these weird justifications for weirdness in our games does it.

If it takes 3 mins it is not clear and obvious. No Var why go against yourself. The players turned him. Once no Var was confirmed he has to say sorry boys no var no review no pen.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:14 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:Someone mentioned it earlier but another Spanish ref, another obviously-biased performance. Can't be just coincidence every time, can it?

What about the 3-0 win we had earlier this season with the same guy?

Away to Shakhtar, who were very poor, and in the group stages, which even UEFA would struggle to stop us qualifying from without cheating that would be blindingly obvious to all and sundry. Their only chance of stopping us is in the knockout stages, with performances like last night. The fact we got a ref from the Madrid area, with Pep's political views, says it all.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:27 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:Wonder why Kev has been awful since he's come back. He's barely played all season, but this has to be his worse season with us since he joined, surely? Silva has gone off the boil too.

What. Silva alert to rob the Centre half and 1-0 and Kev is getting upto speed.Not the easiest job at the level we are at. No pre-season and 6 months out, Show a little faith Mase, class is without doubt.

On the whole you'd agree Silva has been nowhere near his level for some time now, surely??

Kev's been "getting up to speed" for about 10 games now. When will he be up to speed?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:40 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

On the whole you'd agree Silva has been nowhere near his level for some time now, surely??

Kev's been "getting up to speed" for about 10 games now. When will he be up to speed?

Yes I would tbf Mase, but he is so clever mate. As for Kev his levels of last season are his bar, we have accept and support him as he fights his way back, WHILST ON THE JOB. This is what we will get if we are calm about it. The lad is Top 5 best player in the world if its in April and May BINGO !!!!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:08 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Yes I would tbf Mase, but he is so clever mate. As for Kev his levels of last season are his bar, we have accept and support him as he fights his way back, WHILST ON THE JOB. This is what we will get if we are calm about it. The lad is Top 5 best player in the world if its in April and May BINGO !!!!!!!

I think Kev is class, but at the moment I'd have Bernard before both him and Silva. Sanè on the left Raza on the right with Fern sat there and they're the key players imo at the mo. If Bernardo carries on the way he is and City win the league and he doesn't win POTY I'll be fuckin sick!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Jam » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:15 am

Great assist by Ederson
Great decision making by Sterling
Sanes free kick was as cool as a cucumber
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Goater

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:29 am

Blue Jam wrote:Sanes free kick was as cool as a cucumber

I almost thought we had Kolarov back.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

I think Kev is class, but at the moment I'd have Bernard before both him and Silva. Sanè on the left Raza on the right with Fern sat there and they're the key players imo at the mo. If Bernardo carries on the way he is and City win the league and he doesn't win POTY I'll be fuckin sick!

Based on recent showings ,Foden should be in before KDB.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:11 am

What a result to take into a Cup Final
The lads must be Buzzin , I am :lol:
Fly out tonight land back in good Olde Blighty tomorrow
First up Full English , Can’t Wait
Roll on Sunday
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:37 am

Driving back to dam

Bent to fuck - did you see on TV the first VAR pen he pointed corner, then some reason looked again ?

How anyone can say otters was a pen I don't know...

Fuck em

N yeah keV is pissing me off at the mo.

"Bernardoooo (Silva) playing down the wing (Silva)....
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum