Team for sunday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team for sunday

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Peps Cup final press conference

'My opinion of Sarri is always high'
On Maurizio Sarri: “In my first year the club never doubted me, I was never in a position in the media where the club were going to sack me. Conte won the title then they lose one or two games and people say he will be sacked, I thought ‘wow’. My opinion of Sarri is always high.
“In the game against us they did incredible things, but the first two goals were a mistake . When that happens it’s tough for the manager and for the team. They played good but we were so clinical.”

'Chelsea have quality players'
Pep on Chelsea: “They’re maybe one of the best in Europe to make you consistent defensively, the spaces to attack are minor, the movement from Jorginho helps a lot and they have quality players like Hazard.”

On Fabian Delph: “He’s been injured recently, not big problems but the ankle and he’s been sick and not had good recovery.”

Update on Mendy, Stones and Jesus
On Benjamin Mendy, John Stones, Gabriel Jesus injuries: "Today we were off. Tomorrow [we train and] we will see, but right now I can't tell you if they will be ready for Sunday.

On whether Arijanet Muric will start: “We will see, I have to think about it. He’s an important player to be where we are, he was important at Leicester in the penalties. He’s been really good, we trust him.”

'Chelsea will be focused to beat us'
On the importance of 6-0 win v Chelsea: “At that moment I was so happy to win 6-0, but today I’d have preferred 0-0. The players and manager will be focused to beat us."

On Bernardo Silva's position: “He’s a typical No. 10, behind a striker, but he can play winger, attacking position in the middle.”

On Leroy Sane's position: “He’s not ready to play in the middle now, you have to be so good to control the spaces. Maybe in the future.”
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:09 pm

Pep's too honest to the press sometimes.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Outcast wrote:I'd probably get shot for this, I wouldn't start David. He's age is catching up with him and he's not been in great form, he's better off as an impact sub. I know KDB is off the radar but whenever he plays against the chavs we win, maybe I'm wrong about those stats. It's not always a case of playing inform players, sometimes it's down to playing the right players for each game.

Then shoot me next because I 100% agree.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PrezIke » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:31 pm

Predicting Pep's team is almost like Russian Roulette.

I think Vinny is in the first eleven as he's been good in some big games, including last season's Cup final, and generally for experience and leadership. While I have doubts that Silva should start either I can see Pep also starting him for similar reasons.

Back line is a bit of a mystery as well, but Zinch did start against Chelsea and played so well.

Front 3 is pretty easy to pick as form should mean: Leroy, Kun & Raz.

Bernardo to start and of course Dinho, but I dunno if Pep will put him in as a centre half again. I don't think he risks Stones as we need him for the long haul.

Crazy to think Kev might not start, but Pep is really into playing who is in form, so who is more likely to be dropped? KDB or Silva?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:35 pm

Like to hear Pep point out that Leroy could play as a striker. That is something I wondered about during pre-season when he played there in the Liverpool game I attended here and got a goal from a Bernardo through ball.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:fern, bern and foden in midfield

Yep.

But it won't be.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Ed
Walker
Stones if fit
Ota
Laporte
Sterling
Bernardo
Fern
Sane
Silva
Aguero

Definitely the pitch for Silva. Agree kdb keeps giving the ball to the other team
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby blues2win » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Having heard Peps incredibly high opinion of Bernardo I have to think, when fit, he’s one of the first on the team sheet in big matches. I have no problem with that but would like to see him play centrally freeing up Raheem right, Sane left. So either Kevin or Merlin don’t start on Sunday. I’d pick Tintin to start but it’s a close call.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:25 pm

blues2win wrote:Having heard Peps incredibly high opinion of Bernardo I have to think, when fit, he’s one of the first on the team sheet in big matches. I have no problem with that but would like to see him play centrally freeing up Raheem right, Sane left. So either Kevin or Merlin don’t start on Sunday. I’d pick Tintin to start but it’s a close call.

He could always put DeBruyne on the right, keep Bernardo in the middle.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PrezIke » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:21 am

blues2win wrote:Having heard Peps incredibly high opinion of Bernardo I have to think, when fit, he’s one of the first on the team sheet in big matches. I have no problem with that but would like to see him play centrally freeing up Raheem right, Sane left. So either Kevin or Merlin don’t start on Sunday. I’d pick Tintin to start but it’s a close call.

I had the same thoughts. Not sure which one of them is more likely to start.

But what about the situation at centre and left back?

Walker, Vinny, Nico, Laporte?

Zinch played very well against Chelsea, but this is such a big game have to suspect he won't start.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum