Lawro & DC Predictions v Chelsea CUP FINAL edition (Wembley)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Chelsea CUP FINAL edition (Wembley)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:01 pm

No guest for Lawro this week, I think he used up all his scouse and rag contacts! Lawro is dull as fuck this week, at least merson is his usual self.

Lawro says

I think Chelsea will be better than they were when Manchester City beat them 6-0 at Etihad Stadium earlier this month, and this will be a much closer game.

I don't see City battering them again, but I do see Pep Guardiola's side beating them. I just don't think Chelsea are good enough defensively.

City are obviously after bigger prizes, but the good thing about winning the Carabao Cup is that it is an early one in the bag.

Even if Chelsea win, I don't think it will be enough to save Maurizio Sarri's job.

It is not just working out for him, and the reaction of their fans to Monday's defeat by Manchester United shows they have already made their minds up about him.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2

Merson says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... -cup-final

I wish I could do this at 3.30pm on Sunday when I see the teams or at kick-off when I see the way Chelsea are going to set up. If they set up as they have done and play 'Sarriball', I would be shocked if it wasn't at least 3-0 to Manchester City.

Good managers change, that's what they do, you don't just go everywhere and play the same way, especially after losing 6-0 against the same team a few weeks ago!

If they change the way they play, you never know in a cup final.

But look at City with the team they played at Newport in the FA Cup. Pep Guardiola is ruthless. If they are 2-0 or 3-0 ahead against Chelsea with 25 minutes left to go, then he will want to get four or five.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-3
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum