EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:54 pm

They beat us, we beat them, is anybody really confident of a win on Sunday?

However, another cup final, how fucking good is this!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Postby budfox » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:43 pm

My first ever Wembley final, my first ever City final.

Win or lose it will be a memorable day for sure.

I think we'll win.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:18 am

It is pretty obvious that it is Chelsea that have all the pressure on them ( and the bad kind of pressure too ), we will see if they can both cope and thrive on that.

It is bad pressure in that Sarri has to consider changing his style of play or they might get mullered again.
ditto the players are under scrutiny that they are fully behind the manager, are they? if not they might get mullered again.

I look at them and just think they are on a knife edge generally, regardless of this game.
I would think that a game v City would be the last thing they wanted right now as we are one of the teams that can really show up their deficiencies if they don't get it right.

That said it is a cup final, perfect stage to prove to the world that you can take all the shit it can throw at you and bounce right back.

The only thing i feel certain of is that if City go behind even by 2 we wont be out of it, if Chelsea go 2 behind i think some of them will start to slump and Sarri will go into unpredictable mode.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:38 am

budfox wrote:

Because of how shit the whole day was against Wigan - Hearing Bob was sacked before the games, it absolutely pissed it down so couldn't really enjoy beers on the roundabout, we lost, go caught in torrential rain on the walk back to the coach, the AC was broke so was permanently turned on for the whole journey back blasting us with cold air whilst we were soaking wet, took 7 hours to get back cause the coach driver went the wrong way.....I've not been back to Wembley since.

Hope you have a better day
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:41 am

Can anybody see Sarri changing his style? He may change the personnel but I can't see him changing the tactics.

Saying that, watch him do the most obvious thing and play Kante where we all know he should.

Oh, and hopefully that fucker Luiz stubs a toe and cries off the side of the pitch. That no-look pass is getting rather nauseating.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:43 am

Mase wrote:
budfox wrote:

Because of how shit the whole day was against Wigan - Hearing Bob was sacked before the games, it absolutely pissed it down so couldn't really enjoy beers on the roundabout, we lost, go caught in torrential rain on the walk back to the coach, the AC was broke so was permanently turned on for the whole journey back blasting us with cold air whilst we were soaking wet, took 7 hours to get back cause the coach driver went the wrong way.....I've not been back to Wembley since.

What a shit day that must've been.

Loved my trips, make a proper day of it. Even the train journey's an adventure ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:43 pm

Mase wrote:
budfox wrote:

That was a really shit day, and TBH I was relieved when Wigan scored, I really wasn't looking forward to ET.
And then just to cap it off, I got the soaking of my life going out.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:48 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
budfox wrote:

That was a really shit day, and TBH I was relieved when Wigan scored, I really wasn't looking forward to ET.
And then just to cap it off, I got the soaking of my life going out.

Same. And then to sit on a coach for 7 hours with the AC blasting at you wasn't great. Ended up taking my top off and ripping the curtain down and wrapping it around me. Sure the coach driver was a red and was doing it on purpose.

If it had gone to ET I was going to move over to the other side of the stadium as every time I'd been before we'd won, and this time I was sat on a completely different side :lol: things you do for City;
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:07 pm

Silly question but can anyone tell me the easiest way to get a river these days? Cup games haven’t been on here all season, and I’ve been hit or miss finding them at stupid o clock. If anyone can gimme an easy way to watch I’d be much obliged.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:13 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Silly question but can anyone tell me the easiest way to get a river these days? Cup games haven’t been on here all season, and I’ve been hit or miss finding them at stupid o clock. If anyone can gimme an easy way to watch I’d be much obliged.

Do you own an xbox, Amazon firestick or an android phone with miracast on it?

Or a Sony or Philip's TV with built in android?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Silly question but can anyone tell me the easiest way to get a river these days? Cup games haven’t been on here all season, and I’ve been hit or miss finding them at stupid o clock. If anyone can gimme an easy way to watch I’d be much obliged.

I go on Google and type "Man city Vs (whoever we're playing) Reddit" and pick one off reddit
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:41 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Ps4 and Apple TV haha
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:41 pm

Mase wrote:

I go on Google and type "Man city Vs (whoever we're playing) Reddit" and pick one off reddit

Always find one?
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby patrickblue » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:44 pm

Mase wrote:

That's the problem though, Reddit have banned rivers.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:51 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Ps4 and Apple TV haha

If you have a spare equivalent to £50, then get an android box off Amazon, I've not missed a game since I can remember, all in at least 720p, often 1080p and I've even had a few 4k games!!

Just need decent speed download, anything over 20mb would be fine
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:58 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Mase wrote:

Always find one?

Always mate yeah. Many a time I've been stuck in a hotel with work and watched it on my phone with a stream from there

Edit: just seen Patrick's comment about Reddit not allowing them anymore and I've just tried the Burnley Spurs game and they're not showing, so he may be correct and they've stopped them now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:30 pm

I've been using TotalSportek lately. Nice and easy to use and usually get a couple of good streams.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum