Re: ***city v west ham official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Postby Nick » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:33 pm

One was on sports net Canada strean
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:46 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Was it a penalty? Didn't see it but the Beeb match report says Bernardo went down under little pressure whilst Stones said it was very soft and one that the big clubs get, not the little ones (liked that comment)?

Looked quite soft.

Cheers bud, but it wasn't a Salah'esque dive?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:50 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Was it a penalty? Didn't see it but the Beeb match report says Bernardo went down under little pressure whilst Stones said it was very soft and one that the big clubs get, not the little ones (liked that comment)?

Looked quite soft.

Tangle of legs, Anderson ran into the back of him., soft but still a pen in my book.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Looked quite soft.

More a case of one we are just not used to getting.
He worked his way into the box and then kind of wound his way between three of them. You could say he was sandwiched or you could say he ran into them.

Looked clumsy but the defenders didn’t make much of s challenge really.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:26 pm

Take that result all day. Most important thing was to win and we did that again with a patched up team and following tough games in chumps league and winning at wembley. Fucking well done boys let's Crack on to bournemouth
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:29 pm

That was far from a vintage performance.
Mahrez very poor final ball. Had a terrible game.
Sane awful.
Kev and Dave a few good passes but very indifferent.
Sergio worked very hard and was good.
Zinch a very decent effort.
Vinny solid.
Danilo man of the match.
Bernie and sterling made a big difference.

I suppose it's all about the 3 points. But we cant play like that too often or we will be in trouble.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:01 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Looked quite soft.

More a case of one we are just not used to getting.
He worked his way into the box and then kind of wound his way between three of them. You could say he was sandwiched or you could say he ran into them.

Looked clumsy but the defenders didn’t make much of s challenge really.

Pretty much this. That said, if that was given against us v the rags or dippers say, in an Important game I'd be fuming.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:45 am

I had to resort to watching the extended highlights on the OS.....that was a huge save that Ederson made on Carroll's shot after Zinchenko lost him. Good man Eddie.

Is anyone really surprised that Robben has continued to play like shit all season? He's not that good and was the epitome of a big fish in a tiny pond at Leicester. A mid-table PL club or 3-5 Bundesliga club is his level.
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:01 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I had to resort to watching the extended highlights on the OS.....that was a huge save that Ederson made on Carroll's shot after Zinchenko lost him. Good man Eddie.

Is anyone really surprised that Robben has continued to play like shit all season? He's not that good and was the epitome of a big fish in a tiny pond at Leicester. A mid-table PL club or 3-5 Bundesliga club is his level.

What's the craic with the Robben thing, is it the turning back inside on to his favoured foot? That's the only likeness I can see in them.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:19 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I had to resort to watching the extended highlights on the OS.....that was a huge save that Ederson made on Carroll's shot after Zinchenko lost him. Good man Eddie.

What's the craic with the Robben thing, is it the turning back inside on to his favoured foot? That's the only likeness I can see in them.

Why don't we try the fooker on the left.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:45 pm

I think we are going to see a few more games like this one, the amount we have to play I'm sure some will do just enough to win to try and save themselves for the run in. The dippers aren't going to just roll over. This is going to the death I'm sure.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:27 pm

just seen the highlights
anyone who says that we didn’t have a finishing issue last night needs to give their head a wobble. some woeful attempts last night!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:just seen the highlights
anyone who says that we didn’t have a finishing issue last night needs to give their head a wobble. some woeful attempts last night!!

we should have been 3 up after about 5 minutes. shocking misses from mahrez, aguero and silva.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:02 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:just seen the highlights

Yep, we created some good chances, has anyone said we didn't have a finishing issue last night?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:10 pm

We create a shit load of chances in most games . Last night was no different, we could have been 3-4 up by HT - unlike the chelski game we weren't, We start fast and on the front foot and in 70% or so of the games we have it won by HT. When we don't convert the chances there is always going to be a risk the opposition will get one , more so in the chumps league. Bottom line for me is that in the league we have the best GD so we are doing something right.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:14 pm

Massive 3 points last night . Pep had a real struggle putting a team together after our 120 minutes Wembley exploits.........lots of injuries, several out of form world class players and only one center forward . Aguero was absolutely fucked after 60 mins or so hope he is ok ???? West Ham played very well also , that young full back Fredericks was outstanding !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:24 pm

City64 wrote:Massive 3 points last night . Pep had a real struggle putting a team together after our 120 minutes Wembley exploits.........lots of injuries, several out of form world class players and only one center forward . Aguero was absolutely fucked after 60 mins or so hope he is ok ???? West Ham played very well also , that young full back Fredericks was outstanding !

That Frederick's was lucky to stay on the pitch after that fuckign diabolical attempted scything down of Sane (Who incredibly managed to stay on his feet)

Could have been a serious injury...the dirty cunt.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:Massive 3 points last night . Pep had a real struggle putting a team together after our 120 minutes Wembley exploits.........lots of injuries, several out of form world class players and only one center forward . Aguero was absolutely fucked after 60 mins or so hope he is ok ???? West Ham played very well also , that young full back Fredericks was outstanding !

That Frederick's was lucky to stay on the pitch after that fuckign diabolical attempted scything down of Sane (Who incredibly managed to stay on his feet)

Yeah nasty challenge that one but Fredericks had an outstanding game and gave everything........ bit of a chip off the old block Zabba ?
Ps have you missed me ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:06 pm

City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Yeah nasty challenge that one but Fredericks had an outstanding game and gave everything........ bit of a chip off the old block Zabba ?
Ps have you missed me ?

Sorry ,I only have eyes for FIBD.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Pellers has come out and said Bernardo threw himself to the floor. Bitter old cunt.
Last edited by Mase on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum