meh!rez - what does he even do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: meh!rez

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:45 pm

Otter is good at long passes.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:24 pm

FUCK IT.............Zinchenko is no fuckign better than the fuckign tea lady at long passes....in fact hes fuckign shite...cunt should have been forced out on loan.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:FUCK IT.............Zinchenko is no fuckign better than the fuckign tea lady at long passes....in fact hes fuckign shite...cunt should have been forced out on loan.

is she better than meh!rez though?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:49 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:FUCK IT.............Zinchenko is no fuckign better than the fuckign tea lady at long passes....in fact hes fuckign shite...cunt should have been forced out on loan.

is she better than meh!rez though?

Possibly... :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:52 pm

Outcast wrote:I've lost my patience with him on Saturday. Everytime he gets the ball he dithers with it one/ two touches followed by a wasteful cross. We could've been 2 nil up had he produced a better final pass/cross. It's down to him to assert himself if he wants to be a regural starter. I think he lacks self belief and maybe tries too hard rather than working too hard for the team?. However he made the choice to move here, he should back himself to break into first team starting with our team ethos. I dont see him busting his guts for the team, I remember when signed Bernardo, he worked tirelessly and especially when he came off the bench for the team, he showed unbelievable desire. He's obviously getting his reward for his tenacity and hard work. Is Mahrez trying to catch the eye? Is he trying to be fancy? Is he trying too hard to impress the manager and fans? Is he trying to justify his price tag? He should know Aguero was dropped when he initially didn't buy into our team ethos and look at him now. There is no quick fix to this, back to basics Mahrez, put the team first, work your socks off, things might come good

That’s pretty much it. IMO.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby dazby » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:58 am

Let me get you lot straight. You are arguing that because we paid a record fee for him, that he should be better than players that we have previously suggested could go on to win best player in the world status?

None of you suggested this when we signed him. No one.

We bought another cog in the machine. His history meant we needed to pay top dollar to get him.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:06 am

dazby wrote:Let me get you lot straight. You are arguing that because we paid a record fee for him, that he should be better than players that we havepreviously suggested could go on to win best player in the world status?

We bought another cog in the machine. His history meant we needed to pay top dollar to get him.

What I said was he should be able to at least compete with the currently recognised starters in the team, hopefully in multiple positions.
If Foxes were demanding our record transfer fee for him, then maybe we should have scrutinised his performances and capabilities to a very high degree,
and possibly walked away from it. We should NOT be paying our record transfer fee for a cog in the machine.

Look across the road at Pog ; until Mourinho pulled stumps a couple of months back, most United fans would have happily paid for his plane fare back to Juve, and driven him to the airport.

And bought him a six-pack of XXXX Gold to drink on the plane.(Though he might not have been allowed to board with dangerous substances).
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:46 am

dazby wrote:Let me get you lot straight. You are arguing that because we paid a record fee for him, that he should be better than players that we have previously suggested could go on to win best player in the world status?

Daz, he's a former POTY ffs. Even if we paid 50p for him I'd expect a certain level of performance.

Hopefully he comes good next year.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:06 am

Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:Let me get you lot straight. You are arguing that because we paid a record fee for him, that he should be better than players that we have previously suggested could go on to win best player in the world status?

Daz, he's a former POTY ffs. Even if we paid 50p for him I'd expect a certain level of performance.

Hopefully he comes good next year.

We are getting a certain level of performance, he's in double figures for both goals and assists across all comps. A goal involvement evey 100 minutes on the pitch.

He is frustrating, he's not doing enough and he does deserve questioning/criticism but he's not shit, hopefully he can buy into the team ethos because when he's at it he can be very good, technically brilliant and gives us a different option out wide.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:25 am

IN ALL COMPS FIBD! Fuck me they've been against Championship teams.

If you think his performances have been good against Premier League teams you're crazy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:35 am

14 goal involvements in 1450 minutes in league and Champions league Mase, including the decisive goal in the games against Watford away, Spurs away and Bournemouth away.

Like I was saying he's currently not doing enough but we are getting a certain level of performance out of him regardless.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:48 am

Does this Radar miss Delph,
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:56 am

Hazy2 wrote:Does this Radar miss Delph,

delph didn’t cost us £60m and was only ever signed to boost the home grown quota. he also plays out of position 95% of the time.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:43 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Does this Radar miss Delph,

delph didn’t cost us £60m and was only ever signed to boost the home grown quota. he also plays out of position 95% of the time.

I see more to worry about when Delph is in the side than any other player in our entire squad. I think Fabian is a great lad but the term He has a fook up in him is taylor made for him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:12 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:14 goal involvements in 1450 minutes in league and Champions league Mase, including the decisive goal in the games against Watford away, Spurs away and Bournemouth away.

Like I was saying he's currently not doing enough but we are getting a certain level of performance out of him regardless.

You keep quoting his stats when we're talking about performance mate.

No one is saying his stats aren't alright, but his performance for a former POTY are crap.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:17 am

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:14 goal involvements in 1450 minutes in league and Champions league Mase, including the decisive goal in the games against Watford away, Spurs away and Bournemouth away.

No one is saying his stats aren't alright, but his performance for a former POTY are crap.

I've acknowledged his performances overall aren't good enough, the reason I posted his stats is because you said we should be getting a certain level of performance, we are, his stats show that.

The price tag and the former poty thing are irrelevant to me.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:

I've acknowledged his performances overall aren't good enough, the reason I posted his stats is because you said we should be getting a certain level of performance, we are, his stats show that.

How can his price tag and being former POTY be irrelevant??!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:48 am

Mase wrote:

do you understand the concept of opportunity cost?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:52 am

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

How can his price tag and being former POTY be irrelevant??!

All I care about are his performances in a City shirt, anything outside that is just noise.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:54 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:

do you understand the concept of opportunity cost?

Yep and I accept the monies could have been better spent elsewhere but I'm not going to give the player a hard time over it as it's beyond his control.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum