meh!rez - what does he even do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:24 pm

dazby wrote:He's a squad player. We need squad players.

Just when I think you cannot be more fuckign dumb....you go and prove me wrong.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Is it happy hour down under ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:20 pm

Minds a little fuzzy after being in Swansea all weekend and had way too many sherberts, however, Mahrez had a shocker yesterday Andy trumped by Delph.

Leroy was also poor. We need everyone firing on all cylinders after the international break. It's crunch time
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:29 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Minds a little fuzzy after being in Swansea all weekend and had way too many sherberts, however, Mahrez had a shocker yesterday Andy trumped by Delph.

Should never have signed Andy. Piss poor :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby dazby » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:07 pm

City64 wrote:

No, but it must be foggy where you lot are. When we signed him did any of you think he would be taking the place of Raz, Sane, Bernie? Really?

Some of you thick cunts just do not seem to understand that these guys just cannot physically play every game every week and play at the top level.

The fee is irrelevant. It was the price we paid for a former player of the year. It doesn't make him the star of the team, just the most expensive. So be it.

Come on then 64, Mase and fatboy, what were you expecting? I'm sure that if we go back to the original thread when we signed him, we'll see that none of you were bouncing thinking that he was going to be our best player because he's the most expensive.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:48 am

Bullshit.
You don’t pay that kind of money for. Squad player.
Zinchenko is a squad player. And great value for money.
Sancho could have been a squad player.
Foden is a squad player.

I hope to Christ the guy comes good but nothing I’ve seen suggests he understands our game.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:09 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Bullshit.
Foden is a squad player.

I hope to Christ the guy comes good but nothing I’ve seen suggests he understands our game.

Its Sunday mate , the fuckign guard was sleeping when Dumb Fuck escaped over the wall....they will catch him again tomorrow.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:12 am

dazby wrote:
City64 wrote:

No, but it must be foggy where you lot are. When we signed him did any of you think he would be taking the place of Raz, Sane, Bernie? Really?

Some of you thick cunts just do not seem to understand that these guys just cannot physically play every game every week and play at the top level.

The fee is irrelevant. It was the price we paid for a former player of the year. It doesn't make him the star of the team, just the most expensive. So be it.

Come on then 64, Mase and fatboy, what were you expecting? I'm sure that if we go back to the original thread when we signed him, we'll see that none of you were bouncing thinking that he was going to be our best player because he's the most expensive.

I was expecting a former POTY..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby RodneyRodney » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:39 am

dazby wrote:
City64 wrote:

Disagree, Daz ; if we're going to break our record transfer fee, then I expect someone who can at least compete with other starters , hopefully in more than one position. Saying the "fee is irrelevant" is a bit rich ! (Pun noted).

I concede Bernie was somewhat peripheral, and finding his feet, during his early months here, before becoming the player he is today ; thus, I believe Mahrez should be given another season. However on evidence so far, I remain somewhat pessimistic than he will effect a similar transition.

Cheers
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby City64 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:39 am

dazby wrote:
City64 wrote:

Best player because he was the most expensive? Leave it out pal you sound like a rag on anti depressants . Mahrez nowhere near the level of Sterling or Sane , even when Sane has one of his sulks on still delivers far more than Mahrez . Mahrez also hasn’t improved under peps guidance , all our other players have . It isn’t a difficult one ? Must be an Australian thing ? 99% of Manchester knows he is shit !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:42 am

Foden is a squad player.

Nice post pal , Zinchenko a shining light of turning his form around and improving out of sight .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:56 am

City64 wrote:
Foden is a squad player.

Nice post pal , Zinchenko a shining light of turning his form around and improving out of sight .

Zinchenko has my utmost respect for his constant desire and perseverance to prove his worth, to be included in the squad, and I am never pissed off when I find out hes starting a game ...and that means any game against anyone.

He is also one of the best long distant passers of the ball in our squad - something that doesn't get highlighted enough.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:12 am

I've lost my patience with him on Saturday. Everytime he gets the ball he dithers with it one/ two touches followed by a wasteful cross. We could've been 2 nil up had he produced a better final pass/cross. It's down to him to assert himself if he wants to be a regural starter. I think he lacks self belief and maybe tries too hard rather than working too hard for the team?. However he made the choice to move here, he should back himself to break into first team starting with our team ethos. I dont see him busting his guts for the team, I remember when signed Bernardo, he worked tirelessly and especially when he came off the bench for the team, he showed unbelievable desire. He's obviously getting his reward for his tenacity and hard work. Is Mahrez trying to catch the eye? Is he trying to be fancy? Is he trying too hard to impress the manager and fans? Is he trying to justify his price tag? He should know Aguero was dropped when he initially didn't buy into our team ethos and look at him now. There is no quick fix to this, back to basics Mahrez, put the team first, work your socks off, things might come good
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:41 am

Our press definitely suffers with him in the team.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:35 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
Foden is a squad player.

Zinchenko has my utmost respect for his constant desire and perseverance to prove his worth, to be included in the squad, and I am never pissed off when I find out hes starting a game ...and that means any game against anyone.

He is also one of the best long distant passers of the ball in our squad - something that doesn't get highlighted enough.

The only long distance passer we have is Edderson.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:46 pm

I think he will come good , The Pep effect will kick in
:roll:
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby s1ty m » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:58 pm

KDB can hit a long pass.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:23 pm

s1ty m wrote:KDB can hit a long pass.

As can laporte and zinchenko
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm

carolina-blue wrote:I think he will come good , The Pep effect will kick in
:roll:

I pray I live long enough.....................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:08 pm

I wonder what was confusing about ''zinchenko is one of the best long passers of the ball at the club '' some of you lot didn't quite understand?

I know we have KDB and one or 2 others but Zinchenko has probably been even better than anyone else in our squad for some of the passes over distance he has made this season.

For FUCKS sake.!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum