meh!rez - what does he even do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: meh!rez

Postby salford city » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:18 pm

Does not help himself. Great first touch but pretty much shite thereafter. Thought we were slow releasing him in the first half which didn't help. Safe to say I'm not his biggest fan but if he learns to adapt to our style he will be fine
Think he is suffering from being Billy big bollicks at Leicester to playing alongside far superior players here
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Outcast » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:39 am

To be fair to him, it took more or at least a season for the likes of Sterling, Sane and even Bernardo to adapt to our system. The problem is, we are comparing him to our top performers whom been afforded time. Unfortunately for Maz, we can't afford to carry him at this stage and not to mention his price tag doesn't help. Maybe he'll come good or maybe not next season. Personally, I'd rather buy Sancho back in a swap deal.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:46 am

I firmly believe we will cut our losses on him and he will be gone before the 2020-2021 season starts (aka after next season).
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:19 am

Outcast wrote:To be fair to him, it took more or at least a season for the likes of Sterling, Sane and even Bernardo to adapt to our system.

Sterling was here a season before Pep and when Pep came in Raza pretty much had his best season in the Prem until that point.

Sanè and Bernard were also adapting to the Premier League, rather than Pep's system. Mehrez has been playing in the Premier League for years now. He's a former POTY FFS.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:54 am

I said it before, it is not that he doesn't have the quality or the touch, the problem is he is very predictable and lazy.
He doesn't seem arsed to change that and become a starter. He loves to settle in his mediocrity.

Too bad because he could be amazing.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:29 am

Raheem is proof Pep improves players. The lad needs support whats the point in hammering a city player, he has talent and I hope it comes out.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:31 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I firmly believe we will cut our losses on him and he will be gone before the 2020-2021 season starts (aka after next season).

Agreed, but I don't see who'll pay his wages. He'll be 32 when his current contract with us is up, so I think it will be difficult to reach a deal whereby he takes a wage cut for a longer contract with another club. We might have to let him go on a free, or get a transfer fee but subsidize his wages until the end of his contract with us (whichever is more sensible under whatever FFP rules have been conjured up to cover such scenarios).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I firmly believe we will cut our losses on him and he will be gone before the 2020-2021 season starts (aka after next season).

Agreed, but I don't see who'll pay his wages. He'll be 32 when his current contract with us is up, so I think it will be difficult to reach a deal whereby he takes a wage cut for a longer contract with another club. We might have to let him go on a free, or get a transfer fee but subsidize his wages until the end of his contract with us (whichever is more sensible under whatever FFP rules have been conjured up to cover such scenarios).

This is why it was a very odd signing at the time. Zero sell on value if we needed/wanted to get rid.

In his defense, I haven't heard about him bitching and moaning about not getting a game, he didn't sulk when he came off like Sane and KDB have been when they have been pulled off for playing poorly and he looked elated at the end of the game on Sunday and he hadn't even featured, so he seems to have the right attitude to be a good squad player if he can start delivering when needed.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:55 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

This is why it was a very odd signing at the time. Zero sell on value if we needed/wanted to get rid.

In his defense, I haven't heard about him bitching and moaning about not getting a game, he didn't sulk when he came off like Sane and KDB have been when they have been pulled off for playing poorly and he looked elated at the end of the game on Sunday and he hadn't even featured, so he seems to have the right attitude to be a good squad player if he can start delivering when needed.

Interesting that not moaning means someone has the right attitude. Should he be moaning if he wants to play?? Shows he's he not arsed to me.
Last edited by Mase on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:57 am

dazby wrote:I think De Bruyne sold Mahrez out tonight. He dwelled on the ball before releasing continually.

That was my impression as well. While Mahrez fluffed enough chances by himself, it certainly did not help his wrecked confidence getting constantly bollocked by De Bruyne for very little fault of his own.

Absolutely filthy first touch though and some good dribbling in the box. If he can hit the team's wavelength next season, we'll have a handy player in our squad. It would be a shame if it doesn't click.
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:58 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Fair point (apart from using an s in defence) , needs to start delivering though.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:00 am

zuricity wrote:The very idea of blaming players like kev or merlin for something to do with this guys uselessness is a joke.

Well said.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:12 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Fair point (apart from using an s in defence)

You need to do some homework on the use of this word.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

Fair point (apart from using an s in defence)

You need to do some homework on the use of this word.

Educate me.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:18 pm

The pepochip has been refitted Mahrez will upload it and prove he is the player we bought. Or he can be sold to Brenda's foxes.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:35 pm

Hazy2 wrote:The pepochip has been refitted Mahrez will upload it and prove he is the player we bought. Or he can be sold to Brenda's foxes.

give him back + £20m for chilwell
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby harveytravis » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:28 pm

I was there last night and thought he was very poor.

He seems completely left footed and predictable for a guy who was POTY!?

Could he play on the left side maybe?

(defence and defense are the same words surely... one is americanised?)
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:48 pm

really don't understand what's happened to him. he wasn't nearly this predictable at leicester. he took otamendi apart time and time again that one game, and otamendi is no mug.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:58 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The pepochip has been refitted Mahrez will upload it and prove he is the player we bought. Or he can be sold to Brenda's foxes.

give him back + £20m for chilwell

We make very few mistakes, he might be one tbh, lets hope he is not, I like Chilwell, is he good enough ? Mahrez has more to his CV yet he is a shadow of the player he was, but I am not writing him of just yet, our standards are so high, many have looked no more than ok including some who now look amazing. Stones and Raheem look double the £100 mill we paid, that did not look the case not so long ago mate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:06 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:really don't understand what's happened to him. he wasn't nearly this predictable at leicester. he took otamendi apart time and time again that one game, and otamendi is no mug.

The times he made a fool of Otamendi were on counter attacks against a very high line, very rare that we get that type of scenario, normally it's packed defences with little room to manouevre.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum