meh!rez - what does he even do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:39 pm

zuricity wrote:So let's see now.

Kun and David Silva have been in the PL for a few years now. Neither got anywhere near Player of the Year. Completely ignored by most.
This fella gets player of the year and it just shows you what a joke these awards are.
He simply isn't good enough.
Since he has been at the Etihad he has shown nothing to suggest we can depend on him.
He is not a player to build your midfield around.

Hes fuckign shit for our teams style of play and he hasn't proved otherwise, I don't care what anyone says.

Juventus are supposedly very interested in him.....sell him.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Kun and David Silva have been in the PL for a few years now. Neither got anywhere near Player of the Year. Completely ignored by most.
This fella gets player of the year and it just shows you what a joke these awards are.
Since he has been at the Etihad he has shown nothing to suggest we can depend on him.

Hes fuckign shit for our teams style of play and he hasn't proved otherwise, I don't care what anyone says.

Unfortunately Carl, there is some nerd that feeds these rumours to the press on Juve's behalf all the time just to keep Juve in the press . Juve are interested in every player apparently.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:47 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Unfortunately Carl, there is some nerd that feeds these rumours to the press on Juve's behalf all the time just to keep Juve in the press . Juve are interested in every player apparently.

I tend to grasp at straws when it comes to getting rid of dead men walking.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:08 pm

Double figures for goals and assists so far this season.

Considering he has a fair bit of adapting to do, he’s not been too shabby
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:12 pm

That goal was worth 3 points. Do we forgive his missed penalty yet??????
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:19 pm

nottsblue wrote:Double figures for goals and assists so far this season.

It's just been frustrating for about last 10 weeks or so during the really busy part of the season and today having scored (what turned out to be the winner) you think ok maybe I am being too harsh and then...... that rebound where he was in acres of space and nobody breathing down his neck he flipped the switch in his shooting boot from horizontal to vertical and skied the fucker completely undoes the goal he did score
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:26 pm

We have s tough run in.
Injured players.
Heavier schedule than Liverpool.

He has s lot to do but loads of scope for becoming s hero yet.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:54 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

It's just been frustrating for about last 10 weeks or so during the really busy part of the season and today having scored (what turned out to be the winner) you think ok maybe I am being too harsh and then...... that rebound where he was in acres of space and nobody breathing down his neck he flipped the switch in his shooting boot from horizontal to vertical and skied the fucker completely undoes the goal he did score

Must say I’m not 100% convinced by Mahrez but I don’t think he’s as bad as has been portrayed. Was a bad miss which could have made the game a little easier for sure, but let’s not forget Razza missed the original chance which was just as straightforward.

He has a lot to do to prove himself but he could yet turn out to be a saviour in the coming weeks. We shall see
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:47 am

nottsblue wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Must say I’m not 100% convinced by Mahrez but I don’t think he’s as bad as has been portrayed. Was a bad miss which could have made the game a little easier for sure, but let’s not forget Razza missed the original chance which was just as straightforward.

He has a lot to do to prove himself but he could yet turn out to be a saviour in the coming weeks. We shall see

As ever you're right NB, frustration has got the better of me and perhaps others.

Nothing would please me more than for him to prove me/us wrong.

All I ask of him is that he can be counted on for the rest of the season, nothing more than that
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:50 am

It's a funny old game Saint...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Frankmanc » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:00 am

Scored a priceless goal yesterday at Bournemouth but again his general play nowhere near up to our overall standard . Cant take away the fact Mahrez never hides though , lesser minded players in his situation would have fucked off in a sulk .
Frankmanc
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby salford city » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:06 am

Scored the winner so well done to him. Still has a lot of work to do to become part of the team
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:42 am

Frankmanc wrote:Scored a priceless goal yesterday at Bournemouth but again his general play nowhere near up to our overall standard . Cant take away the fact Mahrez never hides though , lesser minded players in his situation would have fucked off in a sulk .

Whats worrying is his lack of link up play with our players , he has had zero in -sync play with Silva and KDB so far.......its always a case of halting and passing it side wards for another player to deliver a ball on...that is his job.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:10 am

would one of our rivals want to sign him?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:18 am

CTID Hants wrote:

How does it undo the goal he scored. He scored the only goal in the game. It was the difference between 3 points and 1 point.

Others missed easier chances than the one Mahrez skied but no criticism of them.

Every player in the squad has taken time to adapt to Pep's methods but once they do adapt they are multiple times better. Mahrez has the technical skills and pace, he just needs to absorb and put into practice all the other information that Pep requires
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:36 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:would one of our rivals want to sign him?

Absolutely not
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:37 am

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

How does it undo the goal he scored. He scored the only goal in the game. It was the difference between 3 points and 1 point.

Others missed easier chances than the one Mahrez skied but no criticism of them.

Every player in the squad has taken time to adapt to Pep's methods but once they do adapt they are multiple times better. Mahrez has the technical skills and pace, he just needs to absorb and put into practice all the other information that Pep requires

Mention how shit Sterling is though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:42 am

Mase wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Mention how shit Sterling is though.

When did I mention sterling
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:06 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:That goal was worth 3 points. Do we forgive his missed penalty yet??????

No because the penalty miss was worth more than 3 points against our title rivals.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:12 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:would one of our rivals want to sign him?

I'm pretty sure they would actually.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum