meh!rez - what does he even do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: meh!rez

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:28 am

I think when everyone is saying his performances haven't been good enough, then no matter what stats you show that's not going to change the mind of 99% of fans on this board.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:31 am

Mase wrote:I think when everyone is saying his performances haven't been good enough, then no matter what stats you show that's not going to change the mind of 99% of fans on this board.

That is not my intention, my intention is to show that he's still contributing despite not performing that well in general, in response to the usual over the top criticism on here.

Oh and btw you were in favour of me posting stats to support Sterling when he was under fire ftom some.
Last edited by Foreverinbluedreams on Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:31 am

All about opinions boys. I mean look at Bale 90 mill + 500 grand per week, and does Madrid fans head in. But his ability to turn up in the big games is a fact or a stat that has bells on. Mahrez has time to get adjusted if he does his in and out start will be be history, As many have said who saw this Bernie we have now not so long ago, how many said not as good as David ! We are fans with an opinion, it means jack shit in top level football, Pep and his team are all that matter, and all we have to do is turn up and support every player in blue, its not the worst gig is it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:48 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:I think when everyone is saying his performances haven't been good enough, then no matter what stats you show that's not going to change the mind of 99% of fans on this board.

That is not my intention, my intention is to show that he's still contributing despite not performing that well in general, in response to the usual over the top criticism on here.

Oh and btw you were in favour of me posting stats to support Sterling when he was under fire ftom some.

Sterling's performances weren't bad though and I don't think anyone was questioning that.
People were moaning about his missed chances, and you showed that he didn't miss as many as they're saying.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:41 pm

I think Mahrez's major contribution this season might turn out to be inspiring Bernardo and Raheem to push on rather than rest on their laurels as PL winners. There are many ways to contribute to a team effort.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:There are many ways to contribute to a team effort.

We should have employed Les Brown then...would have cost a fraction.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I think Mahrez's major contribution this season might turn out to be inspiring Bernardo and Raheem to push on rather than rest on their laurels as PL winners. There are many ways to contribute to a team effort.

Bloody ell mate talking about clutching at straws :lol: Bernard seems like a relentless little fucker, so I'd imagine after the first year of bedding in to the Prem he'd always have been this quality, especially working under Pep.

Raza is getting better season on season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:40 pm

Mase wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I think Mahrez's major contribution this season might turn out to be inspiring Bernardo and Raheem to push on rather than rest on their laurels as PL winners. There are many ways to contribute to a team effort.

Bloody ell mate talking about clutching at straws :lol: Bernard seems like a relentless little fucker, so I'd imagine after the first year of bedding in to the Prem he'd always have been this quality, especially working under Pep.

Raza is getting better season on season.

No straws.

Our last two title winning teams have been crap the season after, because we did not buy competition for the established players. We should have bought more this season too.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:47 pm

According to a few online he's been whining in training about his lack of playing time and believes his talent should see him play more.
What a delusional idiot.

Bernardo is pretty left-footed as well and when he plays on the right wing wants to cut inside and defenders know it--just like Robben. Yet, he still finds a way to be effective in attack....not to mention how he closes down the opponent, tracks ball, goes in for tackles, etc. He makes an impact all over the pitch despite the defense knowing what he wants to do in attack. The same cannot be said of Robben.

I am all in favor of us selling him this summer and taking a loss. Just admit the mistake. He isn't at our level and needs to be in a smaller club where he can be the big fish and center of attention.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:56 pm

at his peak mahrez had no issue with being one-footed. watch this video below of him from 2016...he was an absolute nightmare for defenders. comparing him now to then, however, he seems to have lost a bit of pace and is severely lacking confidence. i still have hope that he can regain some of that form for next season, but age is not on his side at this point.

Watch on youtube.com
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:13 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:at his peak mahrez had no issue with being one-footed. watch this video below of him from 2016...he was an absolute nightmare for defenders. comparing him now to then, however, he seems to have lost a bit of pace and is severely lacking confidence. i still have hope that he can regain some of that form for next season, but age is not on his side at this point.

Well lets hope he does as Pep has just said he is going nowhere next season or the season after that............ So lets see if Pep can work his magic and re-programme like he has with others during the summer break!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:24 pm

Did the guy think that after getting 100 points and walking the league that he'd come in and be an automatic starter? He's nowhere near as good as Sane, Sterling, or Bernardo on the wing.

I'll never understand these players that think they can just walk into established teams that were doing very well for themselves before they signed.
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Yep were stuck with him. Pep is one stubborn puppy
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby bigblue » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:48 pm

sheblue wrote:Yep were stuck with him. Pep is one stubborn puppy

just like 1/2 a dozen other players in the last 5 years for City, I'll wait to see how he doesn in his 2nd year before writing him off
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:51 pm

Never know, Pep pied of Nolito after one season. There's still hope!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:02 pm

Pep may well mean what he says, but equally if he is willing to release him it would be counter-productive to slag him off.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:06 pm

He is lazy and has zero hunger.
His only objective is to get his wages at the end of every week.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby bigblue » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:30 pm

Just change the title of this thread to "Mahrez, what does he even do?"

Then watch him go on to become one of our best ever players
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:59 pm

bigblue wrote:Just change the title of this thread to "Mahrez, what does he even do?"

Then watch him go on to become one of our best ever players

:lol:
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: meh!rez - what does he even do?

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun May 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Still want him out
Saul Goodman