cl last 16 2nd legs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: cl last 16 2nd legs

Postby budfox » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:55 am

Seems to me that VAR can be a good thing, but it is also a tool for cheating.

Had there not been a late penalty appeal then there's no discussion about last night's game, but once you get to a VAR ruling in that situation, faceless officials get to choose who qualifies.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:15 am

Mase wrote:According to BT, the rags "made history" last night. Anyone know what history they made?

First time in EC/CL history a side has lost the first leg at home by 2 clear goals and progressed. There had been 34 previous instances. It is a remarkable feat, regardless of how the result came about.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:22 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:According to BT, the rags "made history" last night. Anyone know what history they made?

First time in EC/CL history a side has lost the first leg at home by 2 clear goals and progressed. There had been 34 previous instances. It is a remarkable feat, regardless of how the result came about.

What a piece of history. I'm so jealous..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:26 am

If we are going through we are going to play against them.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:07 am

I am ok with that result. PSG would cause us more problems than Utd. It also gives Ole the job full time which i also think is a bad idea. That will set them back years. They wont win this and they wont compete for the league next year. Suits me.

I would take any of the four teams through so far.

One thing to learn is not to be complacent next week, we have seen psg and Real humbled in their own backyard despite looking comfortable. That was pract a reserve rag team so if they can beat psg 3-1 we can lose to schalke if we are anyway complacent.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:08 am

Don’t wanna speak to soon but the champs league is really opening up nicely
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby fangsanalsatan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:26 am

Dubciteh wrote:One thing to learn is not to be complacent next week, we have seen psg and Real humbled in their own backyard despite looking comfortable. That was pract a reserve rag team so if they can beat psg 3-1 we can lose to schalke if we are anyway complacent.

This is the one big takeaway. Don't fuck it up City!
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby salford city » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:37 am

Last night showed again that given the opportunity, UEFA will fuck PSG over which is what we've already seen before with us. Truth of the matter is that we will have to play the perfect game in the latter stages of this corrupt competion, smash teams in order for the outside influences and dark arts not to impact us. It's been blatant as fuck over recent years but we need a mentality that gets us past that. The first leg in Schalke showed that we do possess the cajones- we are going to need a whole set more. As an earlier post said, we have got to like the way the quarters are panning out, possibly all four English teams through and no way will they be kept apart, We would tear spuds and rags apart over two legs and I'd fancy us to beat the dippers if we can finish Schalke off
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:38 am

london blue 2 wrote:Don’t wanna speak to soon but the champs league is really opening up nicely

A Spanish anti Catalan referee from Madrid in the next round by any chance????

Not opening up for us. No chance.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:13 am

After that VAR decision last night I’m not sure i want to watch our home game....pretty clear they want us and PSG out and will do everything in their powers to make sure it happens.
Watch out for a dodgy sending off and pen!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:31 am

I hope we are barred from this competition next year.....its the most corrupt fucking competition in world football.

If PeP doesn't understand , even now , why we still boo this shit then he is beyond help.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:51 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I hope we are barred from this competition next year.....its the most corrupt fucking competition in world football.

If PeP doesn't understand , even now , why we still boo this shit then he is beyond help.

I want us to win everything we're in for, but I'm relieved slightly when we're knocked out of this every season as it's just corrupt to fuck and I feel it knocks the players confidence.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:59 am

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I hope we are barred from this competition next year.....its the most corrupt fucking competition in world football.

I want us to win everything we're in for, but I'm relieved slightly when we're knocked out of this every season as it's just corrupt to fuck and I feel it knocks the players confidence.

Unfortunately its a big deal for the owners, and I dare say every professional player , so we need to be in it regardless of how I and others feel.

I personally take more pleasure from winning the premiership and a LC or FA cup int he same season over this shite CL farce.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I can't agree. They were literally, actually quite literally, handed it. It is a disgraceful situation.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby harveytravis » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:11 pm

s1ty m wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I can't agree. They were literally, actually quite literally, handed it. It is a disgraceful situation.

This.

Two PSG cock ups and a back room money man.
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby mr_nool » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Dubciteh wrote:I am ok with that result. PSG would cause us more problems than Utd. It also gives Ole the job full time which i also think is a bad idea. That will set them back years. They wont win this and they wont compete for the league next year. Suits me.

One thing to learn is not to be complacent next week, we have seen psg and Real humbled in their own backyard despite looking comfortable. That was pract a reserve rag team so if they can beat psg 3-1 we can lose to schalke if we are anyway complacent.

How do you reach that conclusion? I know he didn't do very well at Cardiff, but seriously, who would've?
He's been good in Norway. Why couldn't he be the real deal? I'm not saying he is, but surely it's too soon to judge either way?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

Unfortunately its a big deal for the owners, and I dare say every professional player , so we need to be in it regardless of how I and others feel.

I personally take more pleasure from winning the premiership and a LC or FA cup int he same season over this shite CL farce.

Last night was down to the arrogance of PSG the fucked up Ego's and show boaters, who decided rather than kill off the scum twats they would toy with them, well look what happens when you give a dog a chance to bite back, THEY HAD A HAND IN EVERY GOAL !. Do I like it, yes I fucking love the away games with my mates and the thousands of blues. I have hated the decisions we have had in Munich, Barca and at the Etihad last season V the scousers but I have always said Football is bent, we are new to the party as are PSG. No offence here but if you do not travel away with this City, not the eighties crap of on the piss 0-4 you will never get it IMHO. This is the greatest time to be a blue and a night in Madrid, Lyon or Barcelona beats the shit out of a night in Burnley.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:27 pm

Tell you what though, whilst the rags have been crap I've thought "Liverpool fans are far worse with the crappy gloating"....last night reminded me why I fuckin detest the Salford rats.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:28 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I am ok with that result. PSG would cause us more problems than Utd. It also gives Ole the job full time which i also think is a bad idea. That will set them back years. They wont win this and they wont compete for the league next year. Suits me.

How do you reach that conclusion? I know he didn't do very well at Cardiff, but seriously, who would've?
He's been good in Norway. Why couldn't he be the real deal? I'm not saying he is, but surely it's too soon to judge either way?

Let's not kid ourselves, the rags are the second biggest spenders in the league, they are not some tiny minnow with a tight budget. The squad they have they should be in top 4 if not 2. The state the special need one left them in took any pressure and expectation for his replacement. It's a different game ball when you are expected to win and backed in the transfer market. It's all good having this great form, but how will he react when things go wrong? Maybe he is the real deal, I have a feeling their bubble will burst and he will turn out to be an average tactician with only good motivational skills.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:39 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum