Lawro & DC Predictions v Hornets (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Hornets (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:58 pm

This week he is up against chef Tom Kerridge and 'The Beast' - aka Wycombe striker Adebayo Akinfenwa.
Tom Kerridge (left) has been cooking for 'The Beast' - Adebayo Akinfenwa (right) is well known for his body shape, standing 5ft 11in (180cm) tall and weighing in at about 16 stone (102kg).
Ragchester United fan Kerridge cooked for Akinfenwa for a Football Focus feature before Wycombe's League One game against Sunderland on Saturday.
'The Beast' is a Loserpool fan who is very excited about how this weekend's games will affect the Premier League title race, and his side's prospects against the Black Cats.
He told BBC Sport: "Watford are going to win and Liverpool are going to win, and that opens it back up again at the top. And I want to put it out there that Wycombe have got this and we are going to win too - 100%."

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47402337

The past couple of weeks have been fairly typical of Watford's up-and-down season - they scored five at Cardiff, conceded five at Liverpool, and then scored a last-minute winner against Leicester - and I am supposed to be predicting their results.

They have got some good players but there is something about the Hornets that is epitomised by their striker Troy Deeney, who seems to be the catalyst for them to put in a good performance when he is playing well and getting stuck in individually. I am sure Deeney will make his presence felt at Etihad Stadium, but I only see this game going one way. Manchester City have only squeezed past West Ham and Bournemouth in their past two games, winning 1-0 on both occasions, but I don't think that matters.

I am not sure Watford will go for a shut-out in the same way and, even if they do, I don't think they are good enough defensively to pull it off. They were wide open down the flanks when they went to Anfield recently and, even if they don't play exactly the same way this time, if they leave any space, then Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane will punish them.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

Tom's prediction: Watford are doing so well and having an amazing season but I cannot see anything but a City win - they are steamrollering their way to the title.

The Beast's prediction: No, no, no... NO! I can't believe it! Liverpool are going to do it, so I am going to throw this in there - Watford and my guy Troy Deeney are going to throw a spanner in City's works and win. I refuse to have it any other way. 1-2

Merson says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... s-and-more

Watford are one of those teams, they disappointed at Liverpool and got ripped to shreds, before that they were on a roll and then they bounced back. But I can't see anything other than a Man City win. They just need to keep winning football matches now.

I watched them against Bournemouth and they played with 11 behind the ball and I don't know if that is the way to go because they're used to playing against that and probably train like that every week. In the end, they opened Bournemouth up so I expect them to win.

Watford have got a big FA Cup game next weekend so they may rest a few players for this game and take it on the chin which you couldn't moan about.

PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0 (6/1 with Sky Bet)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Hornets (H)

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:26 pm

Both gone 3-0. Probably now be a scrappy 1-0. Which, to be fair, I'd take right now
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:50 pm

I liked the Beast before I learnt he was a dipper fan.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:14 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I liked the Beast before I learnt he was a dipper fan.

Same about Kerridge. Didn’t mind his cooking programmes. Shan’t watch again the rag bastard
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:08 pm

I hope that rag cunt gets food poisoning and spends a week on the fucking bog !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Always liked Tom K, even been to two of his restaurants, but now? Think I'll go back, and shit somewhere I shouldn't........
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Return to The Maine Football forum