Re: ***city v Watford official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Postby Blue Philistine » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:27 pm

Watched it on BT Sport and watched most of the post-match discussion and interviews. That Jake Humphrey’s isn’t half a shit-stirring twat when he wants to be!
Harping on incessantly, and seeking reassurance from Hargreaves, that we probably wouldn’t have won the game if that first goal was “correctly” ruled out. Watford completely capitulated towards the end, having sat behind the ball for the entire game up until that point. It was a good thing they went behind for the enjoyment of the sport, having 0 shots at goal, much like the Bournemouth game, makes for a dour watch.. but to practically dismiss the fact we had ample opportunity to sink them and put 2 past them (one about 64 seconds after the “illegitimate” goal) after the farcical first. Massive 3 points for me, and thought everyone put in a shift, even if they did look jaded at times. Roll on Schalke.
Blue Philistine
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Witton Albion
My favourite player is: Bernie Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:34 pm

City64 wrote:Strange sort of game but we did what we do that’s why we are so good . Pep is the man and the ref was fucking wank !

I'll agree there, Tierney was a fucking cunt! Gave us the little ones that didn't count but then stood inbetween our play as if an extra defender for their back 10.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:44 pm

Blue Philistine wrote:Watched it on BT Sport and watched most of the post-match discussion and interviews. That Jake Humphrey’s isn’t half a shit-stirring twat when he wants to be!
Harping on incessantly, and seeking reassurance from Hargreaves, that we probably wouldn’t have won the game if that first goal was “correctly” ruled out. Watford completely capitulated towards the end, having sat behind the ball for the entire game up until that point. It was a good thing they went behind for the enjoyment of the sport, having 0 shots at goal, much like the Bournemouth game, makes for a dour watch.. but to practically dismiss the fact we had ample opportunity to sink them and put 2 past them (one about 64 seconds after the “illegitimate” goal) after the farcical first. Massive 3 points for me, and thought everyone put in a shift, even if they did look jaded at times. Roll on Schalke.

now that bloke is a full on cunt, I had a barney with him at a BRDC ball at Silverstone at the F1 weekend a couple of years ago. He was slagging off LH for not doing interviews with him, while sucking off all those that did during the day but decided to ignore how they used their bouncers to push everyone away that even thought about trying to talk to them. This is a very private club, so those there were very used to being around the very top drivers in the world as most were in their day. I pulled him up on it and told him it was most likely down to the fact that he was a total prick and lewis most likely wanted fuck all to do with him and his ego. It didn't go down well but I couldn't give a toss and he tried to come back at us so I simply said that when he cant get through the gates next year as his contract wont be renewed I will have a drink in there for him. Hes a jumped up little twat that tries to create some sort of news story about his interviews to keep him in front of the camera.
Last edited by everyonehatesus on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:50 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:
Blue Philistine wrote:Watched it on BT Sport and watched most of the post-match discussion and interviews. That Jake Humphrey’s isn’t half a shit-stirring twat when he wants to be!

now that bloke is a full on cunt, I had a barney with him at a BDC ball at Silverstone at the F1 weekend a couple of years ago. He was slagging off LH for not doing interviews with him, while sucking off all those that did during the day but decided to ignore how they used their bouncers to push everyone away that even thought about trying to talk to them. This is a very private club, so those there were very used to being around the very top drivers in the world as most were in their day. I pulled him up on it and told him it was most likely down to the fact that he was a total prick and lewis most likely wanted fuck all to do with him and his ego. It didn't go down well but I couldn't give a toss and he tried to come back at us so I simply said that when he cant get through the gates next year as his contract wont be renewed I will have a drink in there for him. Hes a jumped up little twat that tries to create some sort of news story about his interviews to keep him in front of the camera.

I'm sure he used to present children's TV. 100% nonce.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Re: ***city v Watford official match thread***

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:Apart from Kompany being at fault for their goal I think he was great

Fault? Shit happens and was a surprise to all of us. Ntue surprise was that they even had a chance.

4 points is the story, back you, you cartel cuntng scag bastards!

Unsure if it's okay to blame other players for the goal but not Kompany?

Any player? All goals are a mistake or something special and there's was something special. Totally against the run of play and something we just weren't ready for.

That was their special play, and it worked.

Ours was what we see nearly every game, 3 goals; how good is that?.

Otter reneged on actual defensive duties and let the ball run by him without knowing what was behind him.
Sometimes I think that we have so much possession and our defence has so little to defend in most matches, that our defence sometimes forgets actual defenders instincts.

It was a stupid avoidable goal.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:24 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:Apart from Kompany being at fault for their goal I think he was great

Fault? Shit happens and was a surprise to all of us. Ntue surprise was that they even had a chance.

4 points is the story, back you, you cartel cuntng scag bastards!

Unsure if it's okay to blame other players for the goal but not Kompany?

Any player? All goals are a mistake or something special and there's was something special. Totally against the run of play and something we just weren't ready for.

That was their special play, and it worked.

Ours was what we see nearly every game, 3 goals; how good is that?.

Otter reneged on actual defensive duties and let the ball run by him without knowing what was behind him.
Sometimes I think that we have so much possession and our defence has so little to defend in most matches, that our defence sometimes forgets actual defenders instincts.

It was a stupid avoidable goal.

Agreed.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Another no show for Robben, despite his assist. Most of his passes didnt come off and he never threatened off the right. If Pep likes Sterling on the left then it has to be Bernardo on the right.

Otamendi had a bit of a mare as well. Completely at fault for the goal as he easily shouldve cleared it (putting aside whatever Zinchenko was doing). Got skinned by Deulofeu another time as well.

But 3 points are 3 points and that's all that matters now.

He was decent, worked some great openings with Bernardo and like you say an assist, with his right.

I'll ask again, what is the Robben thing about? One trait is similar but that aside they're completely different types of player.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:10 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Another no show for Robben, despite his assist. Most of his passes didnt come off and he never threatened off the right. If Pep likes Sterling on the left then it has to be Bernardo on the right.

Otamendi had a bit of a mare as well. Completely at fault for the goal as he easily shouldve cleared it (putting aside whatever Zinchenko was doing). Got skinned by Deulofeu another time as well.

He was decent, worked some great openings with Bernardo and like you say an assist, with his right.

I'll ask again, what is the Robben thing about? One trait is similar but that aside they're completely different types of player.

Correct. Robben is far better than Mehrez.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:03 am

The ball to Silva 1st half and an assist. Winner last week, what's not to like.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:25 am

Mase wrote:

Not what I said, although I do believe Robben was better.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:29 am

Mase wrote:

Not what I said, although I do believe Robben was better.

I think Mahrez was okay yesterday, nothing great but there was only really Raza that was.

If he comes good brilliant. I doubt anyone wants to see him fail. But his failure to adapt is pissing people off.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:06 am

Is it possible to swap Mahrez for Sancho plus cash?
Afterall we have first refusal. Sancho will suits us more, he's the type of player would excel under pep.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:15 am

Outcast wrote:Is it possible to swap Mahrez for Sancho plus cash?
Afterall we have first refusal. Sancho will suits us more, he's the type of player would excel under pep.

I think that ship has sailed with Sancho now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:38 am

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:Is it possible to swap Mahrez for Sancho plus cash?

I think that ship has sailed with Sancho now.

Soon to dock at the swamp?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:39 am

Mase wrote:
I think Mahrez was okay yesterday, nothing great but there was only really Raza that was.

If he comes good brilliant. I doubt anyone wants to see him fail. But his failure to adapt is pissing people off.

He was better than Sterling in the first half, better movement, like I said above he worked some nice openings with Bernardo. Sterling offered nothing, very static, came alive in the second, probably got a kick in the arse at half time.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum