Are we going to win the league?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Are we going to win the league?

Postby Tony P » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:44 am

Scousers at my work are convinced Spurs will and United will beat us and they will romp home to the title.

Are you confident?
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2269
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:17 pm
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:53 am

Not confident at all because we've lost to some shit teams this season. And we're still in every competition.
Mase
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21658
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Why are they convinced Spurs will? Last three meetings it's been 3 City wins with an 8-2 aggregate.

I'm not confident but there again I was shitting it before we played Newport.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Tueart's Overhead
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm

As a rule we just do not draw....2 all season...we will win every fuckign game from now on and the dippers will lose to Chelsea and also spurs..that'll be the end of their fuckign so called Rock n roll fucking Football (Another myth)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23079
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 am
Location: Paradise
Supporter of: Man City

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby sheblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:20 pm

Spurs wont beat us. We have the derby though, and anything can happen in a derby.
The vermin have some tricky games and pressure will play its part.
I think we will do it, just about.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7124
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby bigblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:55 pm

The dippers are underestimating some of their upcoming games. The chavs and spuds will not be pushovers, and southampton, Cardiff, and Newcastle are going to be fighting to stay in the league. Plus a free flowing Wolves on the final day of the season with no pressure on them. Plenty of banana skins for both teams, but one too many draws from the dippers and they'll start to fall off.

The nerve wracking part is that we're both hitting good form now. However, I think that liverpool's more defensive setup this year may cost them a win or two. Plus Pep's attitude is miles better than Klopp's:

When people asked if Liverpool feel the pressure when top of the league, I said I preferred to be on top than behind. It’s always better to be there because it’s in your hands.
User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10212
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:46 pm

bigblue wrote:The dippers are underestimating some of their upcoming games. The chavs and spuds will not be pushovers, and southampton, Cardiff, and Newcastle are going to be fighting to stay in the league. Plus a free flowing Wolves on the final day of the season with no pressure on them. Plenty of banana skins for both teams, but one too many draws from the dippers and they'll start to fall off.

The nerve wracking part is that we're both hitting good form now. However, I think that liverpool's more defensive setup this year may cost them a win or two. Plus Pep's attitude is miles better than Klopp's:

When people asked if Liverpool feel the pressure when top of the league, I said I preferred to be on top than behind. It’s always better to be there because it’s in your hands.


Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Just wondered for America.
Mase
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21658
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby bigblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:54 pm

Mase wrote:Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Just wondered for America.


Not really in DC. But if you go up to Boston the answer would be yes. That's the answer for America.
User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10212
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:59 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Just wondered for America.


Not really in DC. But if you go up to Boston the answer would be yes. That's the answer for America.


So there's pockets of them in different states? Is that the same for most teams or just the Scousers in America?
Mase
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21658
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby bigblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:04 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Just wondered for America.


Not really in DC. But if you go up to Boston the answer would be yes. That's the answer for America.


So there's pockets of them in different states? Is that the same for most teams or just the Scousers in America?


Yes, as there are different demographics of people in different states (like every other place in the world). There's a lot of Irish people in Boston, and the Red Sox (Boston's baseball team) has the same owners as Liverpool. If you're really interested which teams are supported where in America, check out either of these resources:

https://www.soccer.com/guide/infographi ... eague-1819
https://interactive.twitter.com/premier ... teamId=all
User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10212
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:07 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Just wondered for America.


Not really in DC. But if you go up to Boston the answer would be yes. That's the answer for America.


So there's pockets of them in different states? Is that the same for most teams or just the Scousers in America?


Yes, as there are different demographics of people in different states (like every other place in the world). There's a lot of Irish people in Boston, and the Red Sox (Boston's baseball team) has the same owners as Liverpool. If you're really interested which teams are supported where in America, check out either of these resources:

https://www.soccer.com/guide/infographi ... eague-1819
https://interactive.twitter.com/premier ... teamId=all


Brilliant, thanks
Mase
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21658
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby john@staustell » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Yep
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14950
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:10 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Just wondered for America.


Not really in DC. But if you go up to Boston the answer would be yes. That's the answer for America.


So there's pockets of them in different states? Is that the same for most teams or just the Scousers in America?


Yes, as there are different demographics of people in different states (like every other place in the world). There's a lot of Irish people in Boston, and the Red Sox (Boston's baseball team) has the same owners as Liverpool. If you're really interested which teams are supported where in America, check out either of these resources:

https://www.soccer.com/guide/infographi ... eague-1819
https://interactive.twitter.com/premier ... teamId=all


Brilliant, thanks


Well, that confirms that India is raggy central.
Indians are also the most irritating, always rabbiting on about istree, 20 times, the yoonited way and glory glory.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/mcfc-mcfc-manchestercity-mancity-l3UcheajT7JMcf7Zm[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5090
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:19 pm

i sure f*cking hope so. this is like a holy war. if dippers win it will be 40 years of darkness, dogs and cats living together etc.
Sideshow Bob
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:37 pm

patrickblue wrote:Well, that confirms that India is raggy central.
Indians are also the most irritating, always rabbiting on about istree, 20 times, the yoonited way and glory glory.


Every time some cunt puts a shit comment on social media about City with incorrect facts, before I click on the profile I can be 100% sure it's going to be some dick from that part of the world that has no clue about football.
Mase
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 21658
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby PeterParker » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:The dippers are underestimating some of their upcoming games. The chavs and spuds will not be pushovers, and southampton, Cardiff, and Newcastle are going to be fighting to stay in the league. Plus a free flowing Wolves on the final day of the season with no pressure on them. Plenty of banana skins for both teams, but one too many draws from the dippers and they'll start to fall off.

The nerve wracking part is that we're both hitting good form now. However, I think that liverpool's more defensive setup this year may cost them a win or two. Plus Pep's attitude is miles better than Klopp's:

When people asked if Liverpool feel the pressure when top of the league, I said I preferred to be on top than behind. It’s always better to be there because it’s in your hands.


Genuine question with you being in America - do you have to put up with shit as bad as we do over here with the dippers fans? I know they have a strong fan base in Ireland so I imagine over there it's similar to the crap we have to put up with.

Just wondered for America.


Mase, the thing with Scouse fans is the same everywhere, even here in Romania also. They are the worst kind of supporters I met in my entire life, both in the game, and outside. They are born as knobheads, something in the water or similar?

Went in 2013 into a local pub to see a local derby and the owner was a friend of my friend and we got into talking and asked me why I support City and before any conclusion, he was shouting ”because of all the money, hahahah”.

They are the fucking worst kind. They think they are fucking royalty.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11298
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Well, that confirms that India is raggy central.
Indians are also the most irritating, always rabbiting on about istree, 20 times, the yoonited way and glory glory.


Every time some cunt puts a shit comment on social media about City with incorrect facts, before I click on the profile I can be 100% sure it's going to be some dick from that part of the world that has no clue about football.


Correct, I'm exactly the same.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/mcfc-mcfc-manchestercity-mancity-l3UcheajT7JMcf7Zm[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5090
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby patrickblue » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Tony P wrote:Scousers at my work are convinced Spurs will and United will beat us and they will romp home to the title.

Are you confident?


Strangely enough, all the ones I know have been gobbing off wholesale for the last few months, but have gone strangely quiet recently.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/mcfc-mcfc-manchestercity-mancity-l3UcheajT7JMcf7Zm[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5090
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Newbury Berks
Supporter of: City

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 pm

Let's see what they do against Fulham first.
I don't think they mind being behind, as much as having to think about the chance of being top, or staying top.

I'd love to watch them shooting themselves in the foot before we kick a ball in the league again.
Image
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel
 
Posts: 9843
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:14 pm
Location: Dublin
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: Are we going to win the league?

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:32 pm

yes
SURREY'S FINEST
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14408
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluemoon4610, blues2win, carolina-blue, Google [Bot], london blue 2 and 34 guests