CL quarter finals

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: CL quarter finals

Postby Kippax Sean » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Spuds would be my preference.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Had to laugh at the sky sports banner for this earlier. Rags and spurs first two on the list and we were 2nd from last.....
We have to beat everyone but I'd prefer a trip to Porto than Turin let the rags have them again. That said, no way are the English teams being kept apart so something has to give
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:36 pm

Whilst I appreciate that liverpool doesn't have the squad for an attack on two fronts. I feel there is a fragility about them that could be exposed if they were to lose tonight. I think I'd prefer them out.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Bear60 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:43 pm

As much as I despise Dippers Would like to see them go through tonight Two reasons 1. To stuff it up Europe’s arse . 2. To draw them and fucking destroy them
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:58 pm

a heavy defeat for or a narrow win with a couple of injuries will both do me tonight
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PeterParker » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Sand Dancer and Mane injured please.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:19 pm

PeterParker wrote:Sand Dancer and Mane injured please.

Not sure if Henderson getting injured counts, seeing as they're a better side without him.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:22 pm

What a shite game up to now
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Can we have Scousepool please ? We have them sussed this year .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Nice to Bayern so SHIT !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:06 pm

zuricity wrote:Can we have Scousepool please ? We have them sussed this year .

Agree. We’d be their worst nightmare.
It would fuck them up in both PL and CL.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 pm

bullshit that we have to wait until friday for the draw. Just do it after the games like any normal cup competition
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Bear60 wrote:As much as I despise Dippers Would like to see them go through tonight Two reasons 1. To stuff it up Europe’s arse . 2. To draw them and fucking destroy them

This makes sense to me.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:22 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:Can we have Scousepool please ? We have them sussed this year .

Agree. We’d be their worst nightmare.
It would fuck them up in both PL and CL.

exactly how i think .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PrezIke » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:59 pm

I know we have reason to be confident, but we also haven't really faced top opposition in CL this season so it will be interesting to see what happens.

We had to scrape out some results and had trouble in moments this season, as does it seem happens to us in CL. We don't often seem ourselves, other than the last half against Schalke - a team that is in disarray.

I was most worried about Atletico before this round due to their style being the type that causes us problems, but now I'm not sure.

Other than Porto or Ajax, I would not feel supremely confident. I know Ajax have surprised, but I don't think we would take them lightly after what they did to RM.

I'm not so sure playing a PL club would necessarily be ideal, but maybe I'm just haunted by last year's quarters.

We've stepped up when it mattered recently, especially against Liverpool, but the experience and quality on Barca and Juve make me nervous.

I still think we can beat anyone and win it, but I think our track record in the competition has been iffy at times, despite getting the quarters for the 3rd time in the past 4 seasons. Again, our lack of games against the best in CL this season and this does make me wonder how we will perform, say compared to the other PL clubs who've had much more difficult roads to this stage.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Outcast » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:32 pm

PrezIke wrote:I know we have reason to be confident, but we also haven't really faced top opposition in CL this season so it will be interesting to see what happens.

We had to scrape out some results and had trouble in moments this season, as does it seem happens to us in CL. We don't often seem ourselves, other than the last half against Schalke - a team that is in disarray.

I was most worried about Atletico before this round due to their style being the type that causes us problems, but now I'm not sure.

Other than Porto or Ajax, I would not feel supremely confident. I know Ajax have surprised, but I don't think we would take them lightly after what they did to RM.

I'm not so sure playing a PL club would necessarily be ideal, but maybe I'm just haunted by last year's quarters.

We've stepped up when it mattered recently, especially against Liverpool, but the experience and quality on Barca and Juve make me nervous.

I still think we can beat anyone and win it, but I think our track record in the competition has been iffy at times, despite getting the quarters for the 3rd time in the past 4 seasons. Again, our lack of games against the best in CL this season and this does make me wonder how we will perform, say compared to the other PL clubs who've had much more difficult roads to this stage.

We are building a team to reach the final, this was never going to happen overnight. Look at the Munchens, when was the last time they reached a final for a so called powerhouse? You need luck, good team and dodgy refs. If we don't panic, be self assured, make our own luck, handle the pressure, pressurise referees, who knows how far we can go
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:02 am

PrezIke wrote:I know we have reason to be confident, but we also haven't really faced top opposition in CL this season so it will be interesting to see what happens.

UEFA themselves are who I’m most afraid of. Anyone else we can handle.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Michigan Blue » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:13 am

If we draw the Dippers again, I expect their fans to actually try to kill some of our players this time. Went unpunished a year ago, and now they have a PL prize being dangled as well.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Mase » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 am

bigblue wrote:bullshit that we have to wait until friday for the draw. Just do it after the games like any normal cup competition

Uefa need time to fix the draw.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:40 am

Ideal draw in my opinion:

Rags v Dippers
Us v Porto
Spurs v Ajax
Barca v Juve

Semi draw is also tomorrow, isn't it? I'd take the winner of anyone from that list if we got through, but would prefer the winner of Spurs-Ajax, to make it a bit easier.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum