CL quarter finals

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: CL quarter finals

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:45 am

After the disgraceful officiating of last years games against the Dippers I’d hate to draw them tomorrow
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby sheblue » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am

bigblue wrote:bullshit that we have to wait until friday for the draw. Just do it after the games like any normal cup competition

There wouldn't be any money in that for them.

Having this big production, big show, lights, pretty birds, glossy glitzy shit etc etc means they can make more money through sponsorship and advertising. It also allows representatives from the 8 clubs to be present, that in itself also add to the show and the false drama that will be this draw process.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Those balls will,be heated to ensure the English teams are playing each other.

You can bet your fuckign house on it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Those balls will,be heated to ensure the English teams are playing each other.

Well considering the English teams are 1/2 of the remaining lot you dont need heated balls to be pretty sure that there will be at least one all English matchup. When that happens don't blame it on shadiness just assume the laws of probability actually do make sense.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mendyandmakedo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:21 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Those balls will,be heated to ensure the English teams are playing each other.

I hope we're not paired with Spurs - this article raises a very good point: http://spursforlife.com/return-home-cou ... ely-boost/

Although they've been indifferent a 1/4 tie with them could prove to be very difficult in their new surroundings, it might even be the case that they put all their eggs in the CL basket, now that they're 1 week entry into the title race is all but a distant memory. :lol:
Mendyandmakedo
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Mendyandmakedo wrote:

I hope we're not paired with Spurs - this article raises a very good point: http://spursforlife.com/return-home-cou ... ely-boost/

Although they've been indifferent a 1/4 tie with them could prove to be very difficult in their new surroundings, it might even be the case that they put all their eggs in the CL basket, now that they're 1 week entry into the title race is all but a distant memory. :lol:

Would they be allowed to switch stadium so close to a game by UEFA? From what I can see, they'll only get the safety certificate on 30 March at the very earliest, and the first leg is on 9 or 10 April. That's cutting it pretty close. Also, I'm not sure if they're able to change stadium in the knockout stages at all (they were given dispensation to do it between the group stage and knockout rounds, from what I can see, but obviously this never happened).
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

Well considering the English teams are 1/2 of the remaining lot you dont need heated balls to be pretty sure that there will be at least one all English matchup. When that happens don't blame it on shadiness just assume the laws of probability actually do make sense.

According to the BBC;

‘There are 105 possible scenarios for the Champions League draw - at 11:00 GMT on Friday - which will also determine the semi-final line-ups.

Nine out of those 105 scenarios involve the four English clubs all being drawn against each other - an 8.6% chance.

Out of the total possible draws, 72 scenarios have exactly one all-English tie - that's 68.6%.

Therefore, the chance of all four English clubs avoiding each other in the quarter final draw is 22.9%.’
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

According to the BBC;

‘There are 105 possible scenarios for the Champions League draw - at 11:00 GMT on Friday - which will also determine the semi-final line-ups.

Nine out of those 105 scenarios involve the four English clubs all being drawn against each other - an 8.6% chance.

Out of the total possible draws, 72 scenarios have exactly one all-English tie - that's 68.6%.

Therefore, the chance of all four English clubs avoiding each other in the quarter final draw is 22.9%.’

didn’t know blue in bosnia worked for beeb
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:06 pm

Barca v Porto
Juve v Ajax
City V SCUM
SPUDS V DIPPERS
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby budfox » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Barca v Porto
Juve v Ajax
City V SCUM
SPUDS V DIPPERS

Nope.

Barca/Spuds
Us/Murderers
Scum/Juve
Ajax/Porto
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Kev

Postby budfox » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

According to the BBC;

They've got that wrong.

Barca v Juve won't be allowed, nor will us v Porto, Spuds or Ajax.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:07 pm

budfox wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Barca v Porto
Juve v Ajax
City V SCUM
SPUDS V DIPPERS

Nope.

Barca/Spuds
Us/Murderers
Scum/Juve
Ajax/Porto

Tranny V Messi in Madrid is the plan.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:19 pm

sheblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:bullshit that we have to wait until friday for the draw. Just do it after the games like any normal cup competition

There wouldn't be any money in that for them.

Having this big production, big show, lights, pretty birds, glossy glitzy shit etc etc means they can make more money through sponsorship and advertising. It also allows representatives from the 8 clubs to be present, that in itself also add to the show and the false drama that will be this draw process.

Dont they do the EL draw at the same time and thus need to wait for those matches to finish today?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:49 pm

I would accept playing spurs and lose rather than get knocked by filth/murderers.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Can see

Rags v dippers
Barca v Spuds
City v Ajax
Porto v Juventus
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Umm..

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:50 pm

PeterParker wrote:Umm..

with all that bribe money swilling around at uefa, you’d think that they could afford a decent printer...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Anybody can lose in the CL, it all depends where you've been sanctioned to finish. Takes this year, some of the old cartel are already out so you'd think that there was a chance for the others to run run to the final. Let's hope it happens but f it doesn't, you can get your bottom dollar that we'll be talking about the officials at the end of the game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:48 pm

PeterParker wrote:Umm..

That's a pretty shit mock up, I hope!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby budfox » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:45 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the draw should be done with a lottery machine, not a human picking out the balls. The balls can still be opened and the names revealed by a human. Simple, still has the suspense, almost impossible to fix.

No more accusations of cheating, but they won't do it, because they want to cheat.

Furthermore, this is why both the quarters and semis are being drawn at the same time. I assume there is just one draw and therefore by only fixing things once they can keep Barca and Juve apart until the final.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum