Champagne Charlie Predictions v Swansea City FA CUP QF (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Champagne Charlie Predictions v Swansea City FA CUP QF (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Champagne Charlie says

Swansea have been struggling anyway. What you can guarantee is Pep Guardiola is going to play a good side. But City better respect them. The problem is, though, if you wait defensively City will make you tire and open you up. Of course, they can break you down and if I was Swansea I would genuinely have a go. See if you can stretch them and you might get lucky.

I don't see that happening. The patience and determination of Pep and his players - they can sense it. Going for four trophies is extreme but they'll feel as if it is possible and that means they're going after it. The best Swansea can hope for is a goal.

CHARLIE PREDICTS: Swansea 1-4 Man City

Nothing on the BBC from Lawro! So here is the BBC write up:

It's not that long ago Swansea City beat Premier League leaders Manchester City, substitute Luke Moore's header knocking Roberto Mancini's men off the summit in March 2012. (not long ago, its 7 years!!!)

An awful lot has happened in the seven years since. Swansea have gone from the Europa League in 2014 to a mid-table Championship side, while City, who recovered from defeat at the Liberty Stadium to win the league seven years ago, have gone from strength to strength.

The Welsh club's preparations were not helped by a league game at West Brom on Wednesday - a match they lost 3-0. Graham Potter's side arrived back in south Wales in the early hours of Thursday, leaving them little time to prepare for Pep Guardiola's visit.

Celina relishes Manchester City reunion but Swansea's Kosovo midfielder Bersant Celina believes his side can give a good account of themselves against his former club. Celina, 22, made four first-team appearances during Manuel Pellegrini's time at Etihad Stadium.

"Manchester City is where I became a man," Celina tells BBC Sport Wales.
"The club were a big influence on me. They had lots of really good young players and amazing coaches.
"The new academy was built while I was there and it was an amazing place to be.
"I was actually the first person to move into the academy and live there. I just wanted to be around that place so I could play football all the time."

Since their last FA Cup appearance, a 4-1 win at Newport County, Manchester City have won the Carabao Cup and remain on course for an astonishing quadruple. They, too, were in midweek action - sticking seven past Schalke in the Champions League. That took their tally for the season in league and cups games to an incredible 137 goals.

Do not expect Guardiola to take this tie lightly. The Spaniard has yet to win the FA Cup and is likely to name a strong side.

Did you know? Swansea City have been eliminated in six of their past seven FA Cup ties against Premier League opponents.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Champagne Charlie Predictions v Swansea City FA CUP QF (

Postby nottsblue » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Swansea played on Wednesday so didn’t have the ideal week for preparation. Did we not have a CL game the day before? And are Swansea not the home team?

And we have 139 goals, not 137

Anyone else see DC has slipped back into gambling and has run up huge debts? Apparently he had bet £30k on one PL game. The thick cunt probably followed his own predictions and stands to go bankrupt. Chortle
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:Swansea played on Wednesday so didn’t have the ideal week for preparation. Did we not have a CL game the day before? And are Swansea not the home team?

Anyone else see DC has slipped back into gambling and has run up huge debts? Apparently he had bet £30k on one PL game. The thick cunt probably followed his own predictions and stands to go bankrupt. Chortle

He should just bet on us to win every game, odds would be poor but would turn a profit.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Swansea played on Wednesday so didn’t have the ideal week for preparation. Did we not have a CL game the day before? And are Swansea not the home team?

He should just bet on us to win every game, odds would be poor but would turn a profit.

With the odd tenner on Swansea to win£450

Bob you have to be a certain age to understand the Champagne Charlie thing :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:19 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

With the odd tenner on Swansea to win£450

Bob you have to be a certain age to understand the Champagne Charlie thing :D

You know what John, you're probably right about that, but I have never given it a second thought haha. For the younger ones, it's an old arsenal player that used to love the high life and got a reputation for loving the ladies and champagne.

That better?? Haha
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:24 pm

Better

And if I recall, being about 12, was fairly underwhelming to start but got the hang of it later
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum