Potential ban. Do we care?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Transfer ban, do we care

No. We have the squad and the youngsters
69%
Yes. It will stop us going from good to great
31%

Total votes : 26

Potential ban. Do we care?

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:57 pm

So it looks like, through the very confidential systems at football HQs, we might get a 2 window ban. There are pros and cons. I won't lose any sleep
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Potential ban. Do we care?

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Nope, because i expect it will be appealed against. Just like RM and Barca .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:16 pm

Yes.
Shit sticks. And a two window ban although it would almost certainly be appealed, would still stand sometime. We need a left back and a possible replacement for Fernandinho and I don’t think there is anyone in the Academy who could step in.

That said, we have managed the last two years with makeshift left backs and Fern may have another year in him.

As an aside, is the proposed ban for just Manchester City, or is it for the City Football Group? And does it stop loans?
Because what would stop one of our sister clubs buying a player and loaning him to us?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:43 pm

zuricity wrote:Nope, because i expect it will be appealed against. Just like RM and Barca .

What about Chelsea though? They appealed and had their appeal denied. Thus, starting this summer they cannot register anyone.

nottsblue wrote:And does it stop loans?
Because what would stop one of our sister clubs buying a player and loaning him to us?

Im not 100% certain but I'm going to say yes. It's actually a registration ban--not a transfer ban. We can continue to sign players but they cannot be registered with Manchester City which means they cannot play for us. Remember when Barca signed Arda Turan from Atletico Madrid? They signed him and he went out on load for 1/2 a season and then just trained with the squad for another 1/2 a season until they could register him and he could finally play.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:10 pm

I fucking care! Not about a potential ban but the manner in which the cartel have gone around the business of putting us in this position. It's their noses that we pushed out of the trough and we now know for certain, after certain American owned clubs came forward to force the PL investigation, that this is a clear and organised attack on our club.

Well, fuck the fucking lot of them, especially those that have even resorted to disrespecting the fans in order to further their attacks on the club.

Be sure that we have to stick together as fans with the club and if anybody has a go be sure to give it them both barrels.

Fucking scummy little cunts.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mr_nool » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:19 pm

This isn't UEFA, though, and Barcelona and Madrid have been punished for the same thing. I agree that the timing is suspect, but I don't actually think this has anything to do with "the rest". The only possible connection is that this investigation may have been started because of football leaks material published by Der Spiegel. And I still very much wonder how they have selected which clubs to target and what material to publish.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:38 pm

mr_nool wrote:This isn't UEFA, though, and Barcelona and Madrid have been punished for the same thing. I agree that the timing is suspect, but I don't actually think this has anything to do with "the rest". The only possible connection is that this investigation may have been started because of football leaks material published by Der Spiegel. And I still very much wonder how they have selected which clubs to target and what material to publish.

This. Nothing to do with the other investigation. Every top club is going to be investigated for this youth transfer stuff.
If anything, it's flattering to know that they deem City to be a top club worthy of punishing.
Saul Goodman

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:47 pm

If they do ban us I hope we take them to court on FFP not being legal.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby aaron bond » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:51 pm

I think we'll survive this without too much impact as we have all of our top players on long term contracts.

We are not the only big club to suffer this punishment in recent years so it's clear that we are all up to the same tricks when it comes to signing young players.

The Spanish sides were able to delay their ban whilst they appealed so I expect both us and Chelsea will use the courts to at least get the same treatment.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Mase wrote:If they do ban us I hope we take them to court on FFP not being legal.

The potential ban has nothing to do with FPP though mate. It’s the signing of young players illegally. Imagine all clubs do it but we’ve just had our fingers caught
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:08 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:If they do ban us I hope we take them to court on FFP not being legal.

The potential ban has nothing to do with FPP though mate. It’s the signing of young players illegally. Imagine all clubs do it but we’ve just had our fingers caught

Ah right is that it? The same as Liverpool where they had a ban on signing youth players. Why would we get a ban different to theirs?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Ah right is that it? The same as Liverpool where they had a ban on signing youth players. Why would we get a ban different to theirs?

Hmmmm. Think you know the answer Mase :lol: :lol:
nottsblue

Postby PrezIke » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
mr_nool wrote:This isn't UEFA, though, and Barcelona and Madrid have been punished for the same thing. I agree that the timing is suspect, but I don't actually think this has anything to do with "the rest". The only possible connection is that this investigation may have been started because of football leaks material published by Der Spiegel. And I still very much wonder how they have selected which clubs to target and what material to publish.

This. Nothing to do with the other investigation. Every top club is going to be investigated for this youth transfer stuff.
If anything, it's flattering to know that they deem City to be a top club worthy of punishing.

Yeah, this is FIFA.

Chelsea (now), Atletico (recently) also banned.

Word is Liverpool, Spurs and I think Utd also being investigated and could be banned for similar reasons.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:21 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Yeah, this is FIFA.

Chelsea (now), Atletico (recently) also banned.

Word is Liverpool, Spurs and I think Utd also being investigated and could be banned for similar reasons.

Rags should be let off for not signing anyone decent.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:22 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Yeah, this is FIFA.

Chelsea (now), Atletico (recently) also banned

Real and Barca recently too.
Saul Goodman

Postby blues2win » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:37 pm

Well we do need someone to share the burden with Fernandinho and we could do with a left back ideally. If Sergio has a lengthy injury god knows so yes it would hurt us. I know the FA were fined as well. Were they giving bad advice?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:30 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Yeah, this is FIFA.

Chelsea (now), Atletico (recently) also banned

Real and Barca recently too.

Indeed. Wanted to add them to your list.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:53 am

I care and hope we fight back. Fuck the rule makers trying to stop fair trade.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:46 am

Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:51 am

United Scouser Agenda. I hope the club expose this for what it is. This could be an opportunity to break the G14 or a least expose them. Question for all Will this allow Sancho to say move to the scum without us using our clause to match the highest bid?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum