This weekend games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: This weekend games

Postby budfox » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:12 pm

PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Looking at their fixture list I really can't see where they could drop points. We need Chelsea and Spurs to really turn up when they are playing those criminals.

They came very close to today, and everyone has this down as a gimme.

The thing is they keep on getting "really close" but they still manage to win it: Last week with Burnley, Watford and B'mouth played their usual shit against them, while with us gave it a really big go.

Their have three more away games: Soton, Cardiff and Newcastle. You might say that the first two will be big games because of the situations those clubs are, but I wouldn't expect any problems. Hope I am wrong.

While at Newcastle & the waiter? There are bigger chances Monica Bellucci will open the door and suck me dry rather than those fuckers not getting all the points there. "Fantastic" also that they seem to not get any injuries for any of those three fuckers up front.

We shall see. We really need to be concentrated as fuck.

But they do drop points. Otherwise we wouldn't have caught them. I think the Saints will nick a draw and at oeast one of Chelsea or the spuds will get something.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:47 pm

budfox wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Looking at their fixture list I really can't see where they could drop points. We need Chelsea and Spurs to really turn up when they are playing those criminals.

The thing is they keep on getting "really close" but they still manage to win it: Last week with Burnley, Watford and B'mouth played their usual shit against them, while with us gave it a really big go.

They have three more away games: Soton, Cardiff and Newcastle. You might say that the first two will be big games because of the situations those clubs are, but I wouldn't expect any problems. Hope I am wrong.

While at Newcastle & the waiter? There are bigger chances Monica Bellucci will open the door and suck me dry rather than those fuckers not getting all the points there. "Fantastic" also that they seem to not get any injuries for any of those three fuckers up front.

But they do drop points. Otherwise we wouldn't have caught them. I think the Saints will nick a draw and at least one of Chelsea or the spuds will get something.

I think Spuds will at least get a draw. They aren't a bad team. So long as we get the points at Fulham, which we should. Then Scouse2 going into an away game at their feeder club should be interesting. Failure to get max points there and City playing in the FA Cup Semi the same weekend , means two games behind, for City to get points.

These extra games are being moved when it matters less for our opposition than us and the weather and pitches are better for football playing teams. Also ,we have injured players coming back.

That Monica is a bit of a lass too, so you never know.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Still buzzing Jorginho chose Chelsea over us. Looks wank.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:08 pm

zuricity wrote:
budfox wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

They have three more away games: Soton, Cardiff and Newcastle. You might say that the first two will be big games because of the situations those clubs are, but I wouldn't expect any problems. Hope I am wrong.

But they do drop points. Otherwise we wouldn't have caught them. I think the Saints will nick a draw and at least one of Chelsea or the spuds will get something.

I think Spuds will at least get a draw. They aren't a bad team. So long as we get the points at Fulham, which we should. Then Scouse2 going into an away game at their feeder club should be interesting. Failure to get max points there and City playing in the FA Cup Semi the same weekend , means two games behind, for City to get points.

These extra games are being moved when it matters less for our opposition than us and the weather and pitches are better for football playing teams. Also ,we have injured players coming back.

That Monica is a bit of a lass too, so you never know.

I would say pass to a sucky-sucky from her if that means we win the domestic treble.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Bluedj » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Just watched scratch of the day. Dippers were very average, Fulham really shite. We should smash Fulham after the waste of space international break. Looking forward to us having Fern1 back
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:50 am

They won didn’t they.
All that matters.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:01 am

With the Dippers winning and now at the top of the league, does the narrative change to the pressure being on those that are chasing or, does the pressure stay with the leading team?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blues2win » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:12 am

Stones and Delph pull out of the England because of injury. Otter has already pulled out of the Argentina squad. De Bruyne presumably isn’t in the Belgian squad and Fernandinho and Aguero aren’t in their respective squads. Excellent.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:16 am

blues2win wrote:Stones and Delph pull out of the England because of injury. Otter has already pulled out of the Argentina squad. De Bruyne presumably isn’t in the Belgian squad and Fernandinho and Aguero aren’t in their respective squads. Excellent.

Has Mahrez been called up or have they not got a game?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:Stones and Delph pull out of the England because of injury. Otter has already pulled out of the Argentina squad. De Bruyne presumably isn’t in the Belgian squad and Fernandinho and Aguero aren’t in their respective squads. Excellent.

Has Mahrez been called up or have they not got a game?

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wooders » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:08 am

I thought Delph had a call up?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:21 am

Wooders wrote:I thought Delph had a call up?

he did and he pulled out - which is what meh!rez’s dad should have done 27 years ago
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:he did and he pulled out - which is what meh!rez’s dad should have done 27 years ago

I really hope I can reuse these quotes when he scores the winner in (another) important match - say the one that wins us the CL or retains the prem title this season......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:42 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:he did and he pulled out - which is what meh!rez’s dad should have done 27 years ago

I really hope I can reuse these quotes when he scores the winner in (another) important match - say the one that wins us the CL or retains the prem title this season......

More chance of Brexit happening on the 29th .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:01 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Hopefully he does. That doesn't alter the fact his performances have been crap since he joined.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:44 am

Mase wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Hopefully he does. That doesn't alter the fact his performances have been crap since he joined.

I don't think anyone is fully convinced yet by him, he still hasn't developed into a "Pep-style City" player, but he's our 5th highest goal scorer this season with 11 goals, one every 196 minutes played. He also has 11 assists. That's more (in goals and assists) than David and Bernado, despite playing significantly less minutes than them. To me that doesn't read like a crap player, just someone we hoped would be brilliant (due to being our record signing, probably) but who so far has been a bit hit and miss. Hope he eventually becomes the player we all think he should be......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:09 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

I don't think anyone is fully convinced yet by him, he still hasn't developed into a "Pep-style City" player, but he's our 5th highest goal scorer this season with 11 goals, one every 196 minutes played. He also has 11 assists. That's more (in goals and assists) than David and Bernado, despite playing significantly less minutes than them. To me that doesn't read like a crap player, just someone we hoped would be brilliant (due to being our record signing, probably) but who so far has been a bit hit and miss. Hope he eventually becomes the player we all think he should be......

The problem with stats is they don't take in to account the opposition. Who were his main chunk of goals and assists against?

Look, he can only play who's in front of him, but this quoting of stats for Mahrez has to stop. Ederson has more assists than a lot of outfield players in the Prem this season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:23 am

The point is Mase, all of his performances haven't been crap, to suggest otherwise seems agenda driven, especially when his numbers are taken into account.

Like I said yesterday, it's over the top criticism, slagging him off, case in point here with the slagging of him being brought into a thread that has nothing to do with him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:23 am

Mase wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

The problem with stats is they don't take in to account the opposition. Who were his main chunk of goals and assists against?

Look, he can only play who's in front of him, but this quoting of stats for Mahrez has to stop. Ederson has more assists than a lot of outfield players in the Prem this season.

and don’t forget that penalty miss
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Scatman » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
and don’t forget that penalty miss

You mean the one that might cost us the league title?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum