FA cup semi finals 2019

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA cup semi finals 2019

Postby Dub City » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:37 pm

City64 wrote:Big problem here , no trains back to Manchester from Euston after 9 pm ? 5.30 KO finish 7.30 ish no presentation as it’s a semi final still a rush to get back to Euston and not enough trains ???
Anyone have any info ???

And then praying no extra time and pens be after 8 trying to bust your bollox back up Wembley way to try catch your train but hey it will fill their tv slot so why worry about people getting to and from the game. Two games in two days to be played at same stadium , one of the games has a team playing the following Tuesday so realistically they can’t play Sunday so why are we still waiting on the kick off times to be confirmed surely they knew before draw what tv slots they were allocating on each day.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:55 am

You got off lightly ; I once had ONE can of XXXX Gold & felt hungover before I'd finished it . I think they use paintstripper as a preservative in that sludge.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:13 pm

So we get Saturday

In a desperate move, the BBC has been forced to show City on TV again due to the incompetence of the RAGS and the DIPPERS

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47624967

Manchester City's FA Cup semi-final against Brighton will be played on Saturday 6 April at 17:30 BST and broadcast live on the BBC.

The other semi-final tie between Watford v Wolverhampton Wanderers will take place a day later at 16:00 BST and be broadcast on BT Sport.

The Football Association has said each of the four clubs will be given about 33,000 tickets for their own fans.

Ticket prices will remain at £30, £45, £65 and £80 for adults.

Manchester City's game with Brighton, which takes place on the same day as the Grand National, and starts just 15 minutes later, will be broadcast on BBC One, BBC Radio 5 Live and the BBC Sport website.

Pep Guardiola's side, who are chasing an unprecedented quadruple, reached the last four thanks to a comeback win against Swansea in the quarter-finals.

They beat Brighton 2-0 in their Premier League match in September.

Their FA Cup semi-final will take place three days before City visit Tottenham's new stadium for the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final.

Wolves, who beat Manchester United 2-1 in the FA Cup quarter-finals, are a point and a place above eighth-placed Watford in the Premier League.

But Nuno Espirito Santo's side lost 2-0 at home to Javi Gracia's Watford in the league in October.

The FA said Wembley Stadium ends have been allocated to the clubs and their fans in consultation with the local transport and police authorities.

They are as follows:

Manchester City (East) v Brighton & Hove Albion (West)
Watford (West) v Wolverhampton Wanderers (East)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Was planning to go to this if it was a reasonable KO time but I attended the League Cup final and made my flight by 2 minutes and I know several people who attended the game, got left at the terminal. I had to leave the minute Raheem's penalty hit the back of the net and the concourse was full of Blues legging it to make the last train/flight, meaning thousands who had spent £100+ on a day out didn't even get to partake in the celebrations.

17:15 means it's pretty much impossible to do it on a day trip. Adding another £100 quid at least to the cost of a day out.

Fuck that.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:33 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:Was planning to go to this if it was a reasonable KO time but I attended the League Cup final and made my flight by 2 minutes and I know several people who attended the game, got left at the terminal. I had to leave the minute Raheem's penalty hit the back of the net and the concourse was full of Blues legging it to make the last train/flight, meaning thousands who had spent £100+ on a day out didn't even get to partake in the celebrations.

17:15 means it's pretty much impossible to do it on a day trip. Adding another £100 quid at least to the cost of a day out.

Fuck that.

Agreed , going to be absolute chaos trying to get back via trains and flights. No trains back to Manchester and the NW after 9pm what the actual fuck ?????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Considering driving to this because of the train nightmare. Last train to Piccadilly from Euston is 9pm. Everyone will be on that and if it goes to extra time and penalties....
Approx timings
17.30 kickoff
18.15 HT
18.30 second half
19.15 FT
19.25 Plus time added on for both halves
19.30 1st half of extra time
19.50 second half of extra time
20.05 FT AET
20.10 penalties
20.20 game over
Fight your way to the tube and across london in 40 minutes....not happening
21.00 train leaves Euston
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby stevefromdonny » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 pm

some 1 has posted that there will be trains back to Manchester after game he has put a picture up of times but don't know how to put it on here, but I get times

relief trains
2054 21 00 if no extra time
21 20 21 24 and 21 46 if extra time
hope this helps many going on trains
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby City64 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:46 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:some 1 has posted that there will be trains back to Manchester after game he has put a picture up of times but don't know how to put it on here, but I get times

relief trains
2054 21 00 if no extra time
21 20 21 24 and 21 46 if extra time
hope this helps many going on trains

2054 & 2100 no fucking chance of getting back to Euston for them and only one extra train if extra time ? Absolute fucking shambles , thanks FA for not giving two fucks about the fans yet again !!!
We have a 33,000 allocation and only two or three trains to get back home ???? What the actual fuck ????
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:00 am

Wonderwall wrote:Considering driving to this because of the train nightmare. Last train to Piccadilly from Euston is 9pm. Everyone will be on that and if it goes to extra time and penalties....
Approx timings
17.30 kickoff
18.15 HT
18.30 second half
19.15 FT
20.05 FT AET
20.10 penalties
20.20 game over

If you do drive, consider High Wycombe mate, cheap parking at the station a few stops or the 1st stop is Wembley, Chiltern line, the train back is easy and chilled rather than the mayhem of Euston your on the Motorway in 2 mins or get some food in very nice HW which will have a lot of blues knocking about.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:14 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Considering driving to this because of the train nightmare. Last train to Piccadilly from Euston is 9pm. Everyone will be on that and if it goes to extra time and penalties....
Approx timings
17.30 kickoff
18.15 HT
18.30 second half
19.15 FT
20.05 FT AET
20.10 penalties
20.20 game over

If you do drive, consider High Wycombe mate, cheap parking at the station a few stops or the 1st stop is Wembley, Chiltern line, the train back is easy and chilled rather than the mayhem of Euston your on the Motorway in 2 mins or get some food in very nice HW which will have a lot of blues knocking about.

Only drawback with this is that we stayed there for the final versus Wigan. I still wake up in the night thinking about that
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:23 am

salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Approx timings
17.30 kickoff
18.15 HT
18.30 second half
19.15 FT
20.05 FT AET
20.10 penalties
20.20 game over

Only drawback with this is that we stayed there for the final versus Wigan. I still wake up in the night thinking about that

Don't look back in anger mate ! But yes I agree one shit trip that. I knew we were fooked at 7.00 am on the train down we had the London papers.Reading Bobby was a gonna, as it turned out so was the fecking cup. Zabba red card hardly ever mentioned, Beaconsfield or Gerrards Cross if you want a kip !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:27 am

Hazy2 wrote:
salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Approx timings
17.30 kickoff
18.15 HT
18.30 second half
19.15 FT
20.05 FT AET
20.10 penalties
20.20 game over

Don't look back in anger mate ! But yes I agree one shit trip that. I knew we were fooked at 7.00 am on the train down we had the London papers.Reading Bobby was a gonna, as it turned out so was the fecking cup. Zabba red card hardly ever mentioned, Beaconsfield or Gerrards Cross if you want a kip !

neither if you want a night though
i grew up there. boring as fuck.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Approx timings
17.30 kickoff
18.15 HT
18.30 second half
19.15 FT
20.05 FT AET
20.10 penalties
20.20 game over

I bit the bullet and booked the train last night. Get to Wembley for about 1ish into Watkins folly for a few pre-match pints. Just be ready to run when we win... One saving grace is we are at the right end for Wembley tube stop so should get there before the Brighton lot
Wonderwall

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Approx timings
17.30 kickoff
18.15 HT
18.30 second half
19.15 FT
20.05 FT AET
20.10 penalties
20.20 game over

I bit the bullet and booked the train last night. Get to Wembley for about 1ish into Watkins folly for a few pre-match pints. Just be ready to run when we win... One saving grace is we are at the right end for Wembley tube stop so should get there before the Brighton lot

have you allowed an extra 15 mins for var reviews?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Approx timings
17.30 kickoff
18.15 HT
18.30 second half
19.15 FT
20.05 FT AET
20.10 penalties
20.20 game over

neither if you want a night though
i grew up there. boring as fuck.

Top Curry in Beaconsfield tbf.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:03 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Approx timings
17.30 kickoff
18.15 HT
18.30 second half
19.15 FT
20.05 FT AET
20.10 penalties
20.20 game over

have you allowed an extra 15 mins for var reviews?

I hadn't LOL but will need to factor it in
Wonderwall

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:31 pm

Looking like a stay over near Watford Junction , dead easy to get to Wembley Central and back but boring as fuck , no Camden Town piss up and home for midnight just a costly load of inconvenient bollocks . FA can fuck off , 3pm kick off or host the semi final in the midlands or at a NW stadium , late KO at Wembley an utter fucking joke .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bluemoon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:18 am

Gutted I can't go because of a wedding, but hopefully we'll have another trip there next month. If anybody needs a ticket or two drop me a PM.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:35 am

Got my tix in block 111 come and say hello. I will be the one in blue
Wonderwall