***city v spurs cl 1/4 qf 2nd leg official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v spurs cl 1/4 qf 2nd leg official match thread*

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 pm

The same on Saturday and we'll beat them again.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby budfox » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:53 pm

Just seen the replay.

At the point it touches Bernie, Serge is perhaps six inches offside, at most. In the next video frame he's level and onside.

A quarter final result has been affected by the merest split-second of play, and whilst it's easy to use technology and give a black or white ruling, something of the essence and spirit of the game is being lost here.

Also, to all intents and purposes, and within that passage of play, that should be a perfectly good goal. It deserved to win the match. Had it been a pass from a City player to Serge offside by a few inches then fair enough, but the mere fact it touched Bernie should be irrelevant here. I would say that if the concept of "seeking to gain an advantage" can find a place in the laws of the game, it should find a place here.

Bitter? Yes I am, but if I were a neutral I would say the same.
Last edited by budfox on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 pm

Ok, so, the UEFA RULE saids if it hits your arm, it is a penalty.

It hit his arm.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:BT show the Lorente incident and the commentator automatically days 'Handball'.

It wasn't a handball.
It was an utter embrassment to go out to that team conceding 3 goals at home to them.
We are the laughing stock of European football.
I knew we wouldn't win it but to go out to that shower is inexcusable.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:56 pm

budfox wrote:Just seen the replay.

At the point it touches Bernie, Serge is perhaps six inches offside, at most. In the next video frame he's level and onside.

A quarter final result has been affected by the merest split-second of play, and whilst it's easy to use technology and give a black or white ruling, something of the essence and spirit of the game is being lost here.

Also, to all intents and purposes, and within that passage of play, that should be a perfectly good goal. It deserved to win the match. Had it been a, pass from a City player to Serge offside by a few inches then fair enough, but the mere fact it touched Bernie should be irrelevant here. I would say that if the concept of "seeking to gain an advantage" can find a place in the laws of the game, itshoukd find a place here.

And there you have it. How VAR can be manipulated.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
zuricity wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
there was a deflection off a City player, which was not a pass to kun , but a deflection and a perfectly good goal has been ruled offside .

Basically it is official cheating.

The deflection is surely irrelevant. The fact he passed the ball backwards to Kun renders him onside. The City player didn’t attempt to touch the ball so it can be argued he wasn’t in the passage of play intentionally. Goal for me

of course you are correct but don't let VAR and UEFA get in your way.

Bernie did not make a pass and Kun was onside when it hit bernie.

Not a single word about it was a Spurs player who passed the ball. Yes, Kun was in an offside position but it wasn’t a City player who PASSED it to him. Perhaps this is one of those amendments to the laws that have been brought in lately that I’ve missed.

It deflected off Bernardo and Kun was still a decimetre offside when it did. Guess that must be the reason it was flagged.[/quote]

the deflection is not a reason to flag it. Never has been in the game and still isn't .

If Referees and other Arses want to talk about phase of play , then it was a deliberate back pass.[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNrWRov ... pp=desktop

I will say no more. Fuck this competition.[/quote]
How can it be offside if a spurs players kicks it!!!
Even more pissed off now fffffsssss
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:00 pm

Gutted !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
budfox wrote:Just seen the replay.

Also, to all intents and purposes, and within that passage of play, that should be a perfectly good goal. It deserved to win the match. Had it been a, pass from a City player to Serge offside by a few inches then fair enough, but the mere fact it touched Bernie should be irrelevant here. I would say that if the concept of "seeking to gain an advantage" can find a place in the laws of the game, itshoukd find a place here.

And there you have it. How VAR can be manipulated.

indeed, who decides when the ball hits a player or not ?

You can only take the frame from when the balls starts to balloon off Bernie, at which time Sergio isc is clearly onside. More important, it was a back pass.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Gutted !

Your man DS played a blinder....especially that corner he took.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:09 pm

sheblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:BT show the Lorente incident and the commentator automatically days 'Handball'.

It wasn't a handball.
It was an utter embrassment to go out to that team conceding 3 goals at home to them.
We are the laughing stock of European football.
I knew we wouldn't win it but to go out to that shower is inexcusable.

I'm not even going to reply to that, the embarrassmentbis all on you, friend.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 pm

So, a conclusion, but still in the heat of the moment.

1. From the middle up we were incredible. If Raheem doesn't get the POTY this year he will be robbed. A bit concerned about Dave who looks very off pace and most of all, his passing is very poor and you don't see that coming from him.

2. Our defence was a laughing stock tonight. I don't know who to blame exactly, Walker played his usually chaotic way, Vinnie brings nerves every time, while Eddie and Laporte looked really bad today. I said it a few times, our keeper has gone to shit since Bravo got injured. Claudio, as bad as he was at times, was a great team player that kept Eddie in guard, while Muric is no threat to his position.

3. VAR - The game ended one hour ago. Since then I saw 3-4 scenarios and arguments on why the goals should be allowed and against it. There is a chaos when it comes to rulling and what is handball and offside. I am not in the boat where I can say we were robbed, remember it was all in our hands and VAR helped us in the first leg.
I think tonight was the biggest VAR decision since this was introduced - however, did actually VAR decided it was offside or the linesman?

4. The fans - Incredible atmosphere from our fans. They pushed the squad from behind. I hope it will be the same on saturday.

5. Pep - I don't think this time he fucked up like he did last year. As much as he makes me mad, we are in this position because of his ambition to win everything. Our squad is no where near as complete to win all five trophies, and still we won two, are in pole position for the other two and lost tonight in the hardest one yet. (I added the Charity Shield here also).
Next year, if we want the UCL, I think we should sacrifice the cups and focus on the league and UCL. You can't go all the way. Not at this level.

A huge night, proud as I can fucking be. But, as I said, If I would had the option to sacrifice a competition, this would be it.\

Come on, City! Believe, you cunts, there is no other club like our own.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Boring twat. Fuck off and follow another team.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Outcast » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:17 pm

I hate football.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:18 pm

lovecity8utd wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I piss Blue blood....so that's going to be impossible, fuck face.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:18 pm

Outcast wrote:I hate football.

+1
lovecity8utd

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:21 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
lovecity8utd wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I piss Blue blood....so that's going to be impossible, fuck face.

It shows, twat
lovecity8utd

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:23 pm

Stood right next to the spurs fans tonight, they were shite for 80 minutes.

So, apparently the law next season is going to change which means Llorentes goal will not be allowed next season. Cheers, that's fucking great news, just 12 months too late.

Also, here is a thing. When we are all showed stills of an offside decision where a players arm is ahead of the defence but nothing else is, we are told by our media friends that it's not offside because it has to be a part of the body he can score with. REALLY, well Llorente scored tonight with the part he can't score with and the ref even watched if over and over again like an episode of friends on Dave.

Joke, what a shambles
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:25 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Stood right next to the spurs fans tonight, they were shite for 80 minutes.

So, apparently the law next season is going to change which means Llorentes goal will not be allowed next season. Cheers, that's fucking great news, just 12 months too late.

Also, here is a thing. When we are all showed stills of an offside decision where a players arm is ahead of the defence but nothing else is, we are told by our media friends that it's not offside because it has to be a part of the body he can score with. REALLY, well Llorente scored tonight with the part he can't score with and the ref even watched if over and over again like an episode of friends on Dave.

Joke, what a shambles

Football is fucked. Ridiculous new (future) rules
lovecity8utd

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Stood right next to the spurs fans tonight, they were shite for 80 minutes.

Joke, what a shambles

how will the rule be changed?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:32 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Joke, what a shambles

how will the rule be changed?

It won’t. We will have to figure out how to beat it!
lovecity8utd

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum