***city v spurs cl 1/4 qf 2nd leg official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: city v spurs 2nd leg

Postby salford city » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:15 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:PeP Slagging off the home support........loves the away support (Real supporting fans and always have been )

He is 100% right. of course...overall its fucking SHITE - nothing like the 80,s and 90,s......IMO that's down to the shitty millennial's we have these days...more interested in taking selfies than

screaming blue support.

You know the drill Carl same era as me always better away from home. Loud as fuck at Fulham and palace norormally a morgue at ours. Think it will be better tomorrow

Overall its embarrassing mate - there is fuckall excuse for the shit atmosphere we have more often than nt - spurs fans were very fuckign vocal the other night and their capacity is the same as ours , more or less....makes it even worse.

Cannot fault our away supporters though , who are the real die hard fans IMO.

cunts like city64 at home
legends like me away....

TBF spurs have built the stands to hold and maximize the noise much like the anfield trick. Will be proper noise tomorrow
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Doesn't help Sky turning down our fans. It's constantly happening.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:56 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:PeP Slagging off the home support........loves the away support (Real supporting fans and always have been )

He is 100% right. of course...overall its fucking SHITE - nothing like the 80,s and 90,s......IMO that's down to the shitty millennial's we have these days...more interested in taking selfies than screaming blue support.

I think the problem is that the millennials aren't showing up in numbers. City's season cars holders has the highest average age in the league. Many of those who made noise in the 70's-90's have mellowed down with the years.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:07 pm

mr_nool wrote:

He is 100% right. of course...overall its fucking SHITE - nothing like the 80,s and 90,s......IMO that's down to the shitty millennial's we have these days...more interested in taking selfies than screaming blue support.

I think the problem is that the millennials aren't showing up in numbers. City's season cars holders has the highest average age in the league. Many of those who made noise in the 70's-90's have mellowed down with the years.

Have they fuck ! Atmosphere always lifts for the big games , so many games where we turn over teams easily ( the you have had your day out now fuck off home opposition and fans) . Atmosphere v the bin dipper scum last January was fucking insane , every city fan there was still running on adrenaline days after , absolute fucking epic that one . Real Madrid in the CL semi right up there aswell despite all the fucking shit day trippers and tourists . Better when it’s tribal pure tribal , think we owe the spurs cockney twats one !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:09 pm

mr_nool wrote:

There's loads of issues. The showsec lot are a massive reason the atmosphere is shite. Won't let people stand, won't let people stay after the match to enjoy themselves whilst the players are walking off. At Maine Road they opened the bars afterwards and people stayed behind to let the traffic die down. Now they force you out at the final whistle and tell you to stand in the rain at City Square.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:59 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote: - spurs fans were very fuckign vocal the other night and their capacity is the same as ours , more or less....makes it even worse.

Cannot fault our away supporters though , who are the real die hard fans IMO.

Tbf Carl, spuds new stadium is technology heaven, not only was the stadium acoustically designed to enhance the atmosphere and on top of that the audio system worth millions was given to them by JBL (owned by Harman who in turn are owned by Samsung). The technology is so new it's the first stadium to have it. That technology is being used among other things to dampen the away supporters.

We've got 2 ST holders at work with seats more or less diagonal to each other and both said so far they can barely hear away supporters. Both, previously (in the old stadium) said our fans were the best in terms of noise.

All I'm saying the spuds fans haven't just grown a voice since moving "home"

Them moving back was unfortunate timing, if the first leg was at Wembley the result would have been different.

I am not saying the atmosphere at the ETIHAD is the best, but as I cannot get to games regularly it is wrong for me criticise those who do.

That all said and done, I really hope the fans kick it up a level or 5 tomorrow night.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:09 pm

I love the Anfield noise myth. They're loud for 5 mins at the start of the match and, if they're winning, at the 85th minute mark.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 pm

lol, Cüneyt Çakır tomorrow at the middle?

Remember sending mario of vs Kiev?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 pm

PeterParker wrote:lol, Cüneyt Çakır tomorrow at the middle?

good Gundo should be able to stf'er up!
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:31 pm

PeterParker wrote:lol, Cüneyt Çakır tomorrow at the middle?

I think we've had him a couple of times since, not recently though. He's a bit of a stickler and foes the unexpected. I'm sure he's the one who sent Nani off against Real that led to massive uproar, even though I thought he was well within his right (Rags and all that).

Oh, I seem to remember he likes to sent England players off so we both will have to watch it. Fernandinho will be alright though ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: ***city v spurs cl 1/4 qf 2nd leg official match thread*

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 am

got my lucky pants on today
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:19 am

Never mind Madrid, we're all going to rhe 'Dam, Bernado....
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby dazby » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:27 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:got my lucky pants on today

Colour? Fit? Pin stripe?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:43 am

dazby wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:got my lucky pants on today

Colour? Fit? Pin stripe?

to match his scarf?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:14 am

Bring back the Poznan.

Spurs' gaf was loud but that 'Come on you Spurs' is a drone, it sounds like an air raid siren.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:56 am

I was in the States this week and watched the Palace match on telly. Our supporters never shut up for a second.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:08 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I was in the States this week and watched the Palace match on telly. Our supporters never shut up for a second.

Our away support is always brilliant.

On the home support, I was at the Watford game a few weeks back and there was a section of the South Stand that sang throughout, mostly young lads ( or millennials some might say), the rest of the ground joined in sporadically.

There is a marked difference on European nights though, feels like a different stadium, weird atmosphere.

Oh and another thing, listening to the Barca fans last night during the jingle, they drowned it out with their whistling, much more effective than booing imo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I was in the States this week and watched the Palace match on telly. Our supporters never shut up for a second.

On the home support, I was at the Watford game a few weeks back and there was a section of the South Stand that sang throughout, mostly young lads ( or millennials some might say), the rest of the ground joined in sporadically.

There is a marked difference on European nights though, feels like a different stadium, weird atmosphere.

Oh and another thing, listening to the Barca fans last night during the jingle, they drowned it out with their whistling, much more effective than booing imo.

Just the armchairs and 80% of the day trippers / tourists that let “our” support down tbh , modern day football eh ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:40 am

City64 wrote:

Just the armchairs and 80% of the day trippers / tourists that let “our” support down tbh , modern day football eh ?

I think ticket pricing would go a long way to improve atmosphere, make these games accessible to young lads that are up for it, too many working class priced out.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:46 am

City64 wrote:

I think ticket pricing would go a long way to improve atmosphere, make these games accessible to young lads that are up for it, too many working class priced out.

Fair point pal but tickets are just £25 for the CL qualifiers but those games are usually boring as fuck . City and city fans are used to winning we just usually pump it up for the big games . Etihad is a big stadium the tv companies never put it in the same light as Anfield or the swamp and we still get fucking scouse cunt pundits doing our games and rag cunts pundits when it suits the tv company’s agenda . Best thing about going to the games is you don’t have to put up with the tv agenda shit ......... worth paying for !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum