Dave Silva 2019

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dave Silva 2019

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:00 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:There's also an argument to say we lost attacking impetus when we took him off.

Do you just make up shit as you go along ?

Yep, that's what I do. Silva being replaced with Fernandinho didn't coincide with us losing attacking impetus and giving Spurs a foothold for the first time in the second half, I just made that up.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:01 am

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Why all the fucking gloating and calling other fans out?
It's like you all take pleasure in our players performing bad and us losing. Wierd fuckers.

Imagine defending a player that's been arguably our best and most consistent player since he's been here, along with Sergio. What bastards we are to defend him!

Thats the difference between fans like me and fans like the above mentioned - when a player has dropped his levels so drastically over numerous games, regardless of that players status at the club , its justifiable to scream from the roof tops to have that player dropped.

Anyone that can say Silva deserves to be playing game after game , regardless of how he has played ,over a player like Foden is a waste of time arguing with.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dub City » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:17 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:
It's like you all take pleasure in our players performing bad and us losing. Wierd fuckers.

Imagine defending a player that's been arguably our best and most consistent player since he's been here, along with Sergio. What bastards we are to defend him!

Thats the difference between fans like me and fans like the above mentioned - when a player has dropped his levels so drastically over numerous games, regardless of that players status at the club , its justifiable to scream from the roof tops to have that player dropped.

Anyone that can say Silva deserves to be playing game after game , regardless of how he has played ,over a player like Foden is a waste of time arguing with.

Silva hasnt been good since Christmas for me and i do think he should be left out for a couple of games and hopefully he will get back to the levels he was at at the start of the season. Every City fan loves Dave and knows what he has brought to the team over the years but we are in the results business and that is all that matters at this time of year and Daves performances of late are not upto what we need. Bernardo central and Sane on wing for Saturday would be my preference. Even if Silva never had another decent game for us again he will go down in the top 3 players I have ever seen in a City shirt.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:26 pm

Dub City wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

Silva hasnt been good since Christmas for me and i do think he should be left out for a couple of games and hopefully he will get back to the levels he was at at the start of the season. Every City fan loves Dave and knows what he has brought to the team over the years but we are in the results business and that is all that matters at this time of year and Daves performances of late are not upto what we need. Bernardo central and Sane on wing for Saturday would be my preference. Even if Silva never had another decent game for us again he will go down in the top 3 players I have ever seen in a City shirt.

I totally agree with this. It's the gloating and revelling in a player of ours not performing to his normal standard that irks me.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:22 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Dub City wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:

I totally agree with this. It's the gloating and revelling in a player of ours not performing to his normal standard that irks me.

I don't agree with the shit he's getting but I don't agree he currently deserves his place either.
The guy is an absolute legend. He shouldn't be getting Mendy/Mahrez levels of abuse.
Can't see Pep trusting Foden at the business end of things but, I'd currently use him as a sub ahead of Dave.
No more room for rotation. Fern/KDB/Bernardo/Sane/Sterling/Aguero must play when fit.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:21 pm

His place in the team is nothing to do with him. It's on Pep.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Dave Silva

Club legend. Without a shadow of doubt. Since he arrived he has been simply majestic, arguably one of the best foreign imports the PL has ever seen, let alone at our place. Will go down in history as one of our top five players ever in the whole history of the club. He owes us absolutely nothing, indeed we will be forever in his debt for what he has done for us in his time here.

But.

Past greatness does not count for anything when the side is selected in the present. Form at the present coupled with how training for that particular game has gone should dictate whether a place is merited or not. And sadly, over the last few months, Silva has not performed as well as either he has done previously or indeed the level required to justify continued selection. There may be many reasons for this. Age is not his friend. He covers a huge amount of ground in a game and he is probably just half a yard slower than 6 months ago, which is starting to show. The mental toll of the birth of Mateo and subsequent worry might have caught up with him. Who knows. However, whatever the reason, I don’t think we can rely on him in the really big games any more. As we couldn’t with YaYa at the end of his time as well. All good things wind down eventually and this is probably the time when Silva starts to wind down.

This is not to say he should be sold. Far from it, he can still play an important role for us next season, just more sparingly and perhaps from the bench. He is a hugely popular and respected guy in the dressing room, the Amazon series highlighted this all too well. The likes of Foden can learn volumes from him in training and there will be plenty of games where we can utilise his silky skills and experience.

Football has no room for sentiment, just like any other business and we should be no different. Players come and go all the time, some before they should, some against their will. But Silva has earned the right for him to dictate when he calls time on his City career. But he still has to earn the right to be selected for each match and currently he isn’t doing that. We shall see whether Foden turns out to be good enough to be selected week in week out as either his replacement or somewhere else in the team long term, but unless he plays we won’t know. He certainly would have done just as well as Silva has over the last few games, but a few games are just that. Not a basis for the long term. But he needs his chance.

Maybe that will come more frequently next season. I for one hope so. I mentioned in the Bernardo thread a while back that his form this season is bittersweet because although it’s obviously fantastic, it does mean the influence of Silva will diminish. But that’s football and the old saying the King is dead, long live the King rings true
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:29 pm

nottsblue wrote:Dave Silva

Club legend. Without a shadow of doubt. Since he arrived he has been simply majestic, arguably one of the best foreign imports the PL has ever seen, let alone at our place. Will go down in history as one of our top five players ever in the whole history of the club. He owes us absolutely nothing, indeed we will be forever in his debt for what he has done for us in his time here.

But.

Past greatness does not count for anything when the side is selected in the present. Form at the present coupled with how training for that particular game has gone should dictate whether a place is merited or not. And sadly, over the last few months, Silva has not performed as well as either he has done previously or indeed the level required to justify continued selection. There may be many reasons for this. Age is not his friend. He covers a huge amount of ground in a game and he is probably just half a yard slower than 6 months ago, which is starting to show. The mental toll of the birth of Mateo and subsequent worry might have caught up with him. Who knows. However, whatever the reason, I don’t think we can rely on him in the really big games any more. As we couldn’t with YaYa at the end of his time as well. All good things wind down eventually and this is probably the time when Silva starts to wind down.

This is not to say he should be sold. Far from it, he can still play an important role for us next season, just more sparingly and perhaps from the bench. He is a hugely popular and respected guy in the dressing room, the Amazon series highlighted this all too well. The likes of Foden can learn volumes from him in training and there will be plenty of games where we can utilise his silky skills and experience.

Football has no room for sentiment, just like any other business and we should be no different. Players come and go all the time, some before they should, some against their will. But Silva has earned the right for him to dictate when he calls time on his City career. But he still has to earn the right to be selected for each match and currently he isn’t doing that. We shall see whether Foden turns out to be good enough to be selected week in week out as either his replacement or somewhere else in the team long term, but unless he plays we won’t know. He certainly would have done just as well as Silva has over the last few games, but a few games are just that. Not a basis for the long term. But he needs his chance.

Maybe that will come more frequently next season. I for one hope so. I mentioned in the Bernardo thread a while back that his form this season is bittersweet because although it’s obviously fantastic, it does mean the influence of Silva will diminish. But that’s football and the old saying the King is dead, long live the King rings true

It doesn't matter how well written you can put it down mate - you will still get the fucking same cunts defending his selection game after game after game no matter what.

You are wasting your energy punching the keys on your PC.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:29 pm

Had a superb game tonight. Fair do’s
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:Had a superb game tonight. Fair do’s

+1
lovecity8utd

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby City64 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:43 pm

FUCKING VINTAGE MERLIN TONIGHT FUCKING VINTAGE !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:56 pm

City64 wrote:FUCKING VINTAGE MERLIN TONIGHT FUCKING VINTAGE !

+1
lovecity8utd

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:03 am

He played like the DS of old , I have to admit !.....he needs to keep that level for the next 3 games and Ill have no complaints.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:07 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He played like the DS of old , I have to admit !.....he needs to keep that level for the next 3 games and Ill have no complaints.

Hahaha not on my fucking life will you ever have no complaints.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:09 am

Man of the match for me, first minute to last, pure class.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:12 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You are quite right ))))

I was screaming for sane to come on and for sterling to go to the right side and Bernie to play where ever !!!! It pisses me off that an injury to Fernandhino was the only reason all that happened .

I dont get PePs thinking sometimes...I doubt we would have won if the above changes were not made.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:31 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You are quite right ))))

I was screaming for sane to come on and for sterling to go to the right side and Bernie to play where ever !!!! It pisses me off that an injury to Fernandhino was the only reason all that happened .

I dont get PePs thinking sometimes...I doubt we would have won if the above changes were not made.

Yeah mate I agree I wanted to start that way, tho if gave gone with fern holding. Here’s hoping that hug for sane after the game is him seeing what he wants to see from sane and he plays now.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:36 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

One of the world's great players even now. Suggesting he was dropped at the swamp for Foden was a little bit bonkers Carl to be fair.

12 months time that will likely be reversed
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:42 am

Walking out of the swamp. Maybe Silvas last big Derby my mate said.Well if it was, he show cased what a player he is. It should not be ever forgot, he has taken us to where we are with many other, but few are that good in games of that magnitude. He even had time to laugh at rag players and fans. Enjoy him we will never see that level from one player for so long again IMHO.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:48 am

needs to go for a beard transplant. that growth he’s sporting on his face is embarrassing.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum