Dave Silva 2019

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dave Silva 2019

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:41 am

Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:I'd like KDB to get more game time and Dave to come off the bench. AT THE MOMENT.

Kev has had one good game in about 20!

True, but class is permanent Mase. Same for David, if this is the handing over of the baton to Phil, lets all show the class he has and Vinny, we stuck by the worst teams any fan should not have to watch not so long ago, The stick Silva is getting I never see in the grounds. So if this as I predicted at the start of the season the goodbye lets make sure its class. Edins end was also piss poor IMHO, We can do better.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:37 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:I'd like KDB to get more game time and Dave to come off the bench. AT THE MOMENT.

True, but class is permanent Mase. Same for David, if this is the handing over of the baton to Phil, lets all show the class he has and Vinny, we stuck by the worst teams any fan should not have to watch not so long ago, The stick Silva is getting I never see in the grounds. So if this as I predicted at the start of the season the goodbye lets make sure its class. Edins end was also piss poor IMHO, We can do better.

Yeah I know mate, both Dave and Kev are world class. Just don't understand why Kev gets an easy ride off some of our fans when Dave is being dug out for performing no worse than most of the team.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:11 am

Kevs younger and overall contributes more in terms of goals than Dave so he has an easier ride - merlin was untouchable for a lot of fans during his best years
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:53 am

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Yeah I know mate, both Dave and Kev are world class. Just don't understand why Kev gets an easy ride off some of our fans when Dave is being dug out for performing no worse than most of the team.

Kev is the future, our team will be built around him along with Bernardo. Silva has set the standards so high for years, he's being questioned because his not met them this season consistently. Pep's philosophy is to play players on form, as it stands and by his own admission, he shouldn't be a regural starter. I suppose we turned a blind eye on Kevs performances due to his injuries. The difference between the two, Kev has the ability to turn a game even if he's having a shit game where as Silva just seems to disappear when he doesn't get going
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:09 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Kev is the future, our team will be built around him along with Bernardo. Silva has set the standards so high for years, he's being questioned because his not met them this season consistently. Pep's philosophy is to play players on form, as it stands and by his own admission, he shouldn't be a regural starter. I suppose we turned a blind eye on Kevs performances due to his injuries. The difference between the two, Kev has the ability to turn a game even if he's having a shit game where as Silva just seems to disappear when he doesn't get going

How long ago did I suggest Delph was going under the Radar, Dave is class, knackered but class, we are easing Kev back again and Wembley is hardly ideal with Spurs 3 days later after all one more injury that's his season done dare I suggest. BTW Gundo is grinding it out week in week out.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:14 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Some fans just can’t handle the truth mate and cry when their favorite players are criticized.

Silva is there to create goals which he has done for years and years but over the last couple of
Months he’s lost that edge to his game that we badly need right now so we need to use him sparingly and not as a definite starter ( use him as a sub and bring him in the game later on ) , not his fault pep keeps playing him regardless of his form but this needs to be addressed .

I saw enough from Foden to bang the drum that he should start ahead of him and if no one can see that then get yourself off to spec saviors .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Outcast wrote:
Kev is the future, our team will be built around him along with Bernardo.

I don't agree. You've got Raza, Sanè, Bernard, Kev, Laporte, Stones, Ederson all at the same level for their various positions within the team. The team won't be built around Kev.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:35 pm

I thought Dave was better than ever at the start if the season and scoring regularly too. He's dropped off since Christmas though. He would still walk into any other team in the PL and improve them.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:42 pm

No current City team is built around anybody . Pep has a system, players have to fit that system .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:01 pm

City64 wrote:No current City team is built around anybody . Pep has a system, players have to fit that system .

Agree.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:No current City team is built around anybody . Pep has a system, players have to fit that system .

Agree.

Absolutely. Dangerous ground to build round players as when they are injured or out of form you are in trouble with replacements as they invariably won't be as good.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Agree.

Absolutely. Dangerous ground to build round players as when they are injured or out of form you are in trouble with replacements as they invariably won't be as good.

We did alright when Kev was out injured as well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:31 pm

right but you need leaders, and kdb is one of ours. moreso than silva, who always seemed a strange pick for captain to me considering he barely speaks english.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Outcast » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Mase wrote:

Agree.

How did we get on against spuds without Bernado and kev again?

I was referring to the engine room, the focal point of our structure. Pep builds his teams around his midfield. Yes other players can fill in when our star players are out injured but we are more potent with one or two of the aftermentioned in our side. We lost against spuds because Kev and Bernardo were out and Silva not stepping up.

That's just my honest opinion
Outcast

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

right but you need leaders, and kdb is one of ours. moreso than silva, who always seemed a strange pick for captain to me considering he barely speaks english.

He's a leader in the same way Beckham was a "leader" for England.

He's not a leader in the same sense as Roy Keane or Vieira.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:52 pm

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

Agree.

I was referring to the engine room, the focal point of our structure. Pep builds his teams around his midfield. Yes other players can fill in when our star players are out injured but we are more potent with one or two of the aftermentioned in our side. We lost against spuds because Kev and Bernardo were out and Silva not stepping up.

Peps presser today , PL v Palace priority, stay in tie v Spurs CL . Pep totally focussed on Quad , massive weekend ahead Pep happy we can blow Spurs away at Etihad . You carry on whinging Pep focused on big picture .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Outcast » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:44 am

City64 wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

Agree.

Peps presser today , PL v Palace priority, stay in tie v Spurs CL . Pep totally focussed on Quad , massive weekend ahead Pep happy we can blow Spurs away at Etihad . You carry on whinging Pep focused on big picture .

Whinging? Whatever you say chewbacca!
Outcast

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:00 am

If we get anywhere near the level David has reached over a decade, not to mention the global profile he has helped build with many others, we will be doing well.
David Silva a player and a man who we should enjoy now cause sure as shit the don't come around that often. As my rag brother said last night he may be coming to the end but he is better than any midfielder he has seen recently at the swamp and would have got in any team in any era hands down. That's from a RAG !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:59 am

Outcast wrote:
City64 wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

Agree.

Whinging? Whatever you say chewbacca!

R2 FUCKING D2 talks more sense than you pal !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wooders » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:17 pm

His hair weave has fair fucking worked to be fair to the lad
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum