Dave Silva 2019

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dave Silva 2019

Postby Outcast » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:03 pm

I'm sorry chaps, he's starting to annoy me now. Offers nothing going forward and nothing defensively. Seriously could Foden done worst tonight?

He's still a club a legend, however, its about city moving forward, no time for sentiments. How many shit games does he need for us
to realise he isn't upto our standards anymore and cant see him improving, this is the beginning of his decline.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:06 pm

Outcast wrote:I'm sorry chaps, he's starting to annoy me now. Offers nothing going forward and nothing defensively. Seriously could Foden done worst tonight?

He's still a club a legend, however, its about city moving forward, no time for sentiments. How many shit games does he need for us
to realise he isn't upto our standards anymore and cant see him improving, this is the beginning of his decline.

Sure he won’t get better. Are you content that every midfielder offered more? Class is permanent and Dave is god.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 pm

lovecity8utd wrote:
Outcast wrote:I'm sorry chaps, he's starting to annoy me now. Offers nothing going forward and nothing defensively. Seriously could Foden done worst tonight?

Sure he won’t get better. Are you content that every midfielder offered more? Class is permanent and Dave is god.

Back of the head licker strikes again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby lovecity8utd » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
lovecity8utd wrote:

Back of the head licker strikes again.

Says the village idiot
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Outcast » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:29 pm

lovecity8utd wrote:

Bernardo; ran his socks off, he was everywhere, came back to help the defense, up front was magnificent; creative, control and scored. KDB, worked tirelessly, constant threat going forward, his cross was just sublime. Do you really believe Silva was near them? We not talking about the old Silva, it's all about now. Legends are of the past.
Outcast

Postby dazby » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:33 pm

I wouldn't start with Dave for the next few games. Clearly he's.....off his high standard.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:37 pm

dazby wrote:I wouldn't start with Dave for the next few games. Clearly he's.....off his high standard.

Has been for months now - that corner kick summed him up and I would imagine that deep down ,when he sees replays of himself, he knows his level is not good enough.

He needs to be dropped and Foden needs to be his replacement.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:32 am

Absolutely fucking diabolical yet again but somehow we still have fans defending him as if it’s just a blip. It’s been fucking 5 months since he had a good game!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:04 am

Why all the fucking gloating and calling other fans out?
It's like you all take pleasure in our players performing bad and us losing. Wierd fuckers.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 am

mr_nool wrote:Why all the fucking gloating and calling other fans out?
It's like you all take pleasure in our players performing bad and us losing. Wierd fuckers.

Imagine defending a player that's been arguably our best and most consistent player since he's been here, along with Sergio. What bastards we are to defend him!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 am

Silva wasn't the problem last night.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:40 am

I do agree that he has been off form recently. But I am not going to slag him off for it. We (most of us) all know what he has contributed. Maybe its time his game time was managed better, like Vinny.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wooders » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:12 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Silva wasn't the problem last night.

He wasn’t the only problem but he played poorly again last night
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:16 am

Mase wrote:

Imagine defending a player that's been arguably our best and most consistent player since he's been here, along with Sergio. What bastards we are to defend him!

Give up Mase ! If some cannot show respect to Silva, we are fucked !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:42 am

Wooders wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Silva wasn't the problem last night.

He wasn’t the only problem but he played poorly again last night

His abomination of a corner aside I didn't think he played badly, he didn't effect the game the way we know he's capable but that doesn't equate to playing badly.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Outcast » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:02 am

Mase wrote:

No one is questioning his legendary status, that has been sealed and will not be argued. All we are saying he's been playing shit and should not be near the first team on current form. Why not gamble on Foden, afterall, how is he going gain experience and pick up the minutes he needs for his development?
Outcast

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:18 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

No one is questioning his legendary status, that has been sealed and will not be argued. All we are saying he's been playing shit and should not be near the first team on current form. Why not gamble on Foden, afterall, how is he going gain experience and pick up the minutes he needs for his development?

I understand that. And you can understand fans will defend him?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:27 am

There's also an argument to say we lost attacking impetus when we took him off.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:03 am

no one enjoys losing, which is exactly why I want silva dropped. he’s been been a liability this year and shows no sign of improvement.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:54 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:There's also an argument to say we lost attacking impetus when we took him off.

Do you just make up shit as you go along ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum