Lawro & DC Predictions v Eagles (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro & DC Predictions v Eagles (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:15 pm

This week Lawro is up against golfer Matt Fitzpatrick, who is in action at the Masters, which starts on Thursday at Augusta in the United States.
"It is amazing to play at Augusta," the Englishman told BBC Sport. "It is such a special place, with the fans, the way the course is and the history that it has. It is just great to be back this year."

Fitzpatrick, who uses a Sheffield United putter head cover and has the Blades badge and "S.U.F.C" stamped on his wedges, said: "I just have to makes sure everyone knows that is my team and that I follow them everywhere I go." He has won five professional titles and is ranked 35th in the world. He finished in a tie for 38th at the Masters last year. Fitzpatrick, 24, was a long-term season ticket holder at Bramall Lane when he was growing up but now follows the Blades from afar when he is on the tour.

"I would almost say I love football more than golf to be honest," he explained. "That's how big a fan I am.
"The good news is, with technology nowadays, it is pretty easy to follow them really. There is an app that I can log in and watch all the games.

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47884778

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola cannot have been happy with the way his side played in their Champions League defeat by Tottenham on Tuesday, and I am expecting a reaction here.

Palace are safe - or as good as safe - after their win at Newcastle last week and, with only four wins from 16 games at Selhurst Park, their home record this season is not exactly impressive.

Lawro's prediction: 0-3

Matt's prediction: I think City will win this pretty comfortably. 0-3

FYI Lawro has Liverpool to win 2-0 too, but Matt is like every other football fan he wants them to lose 1-2.

Merson says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... nday-tests

I think Man City win because Palace haven't been great - especially at home. But it's down to pressure, now. They could be 1-0 up and cruising, with five minutes to play. And then from a set play it could be 1-1 and that could be it.

It's getting to that stage. They lacked a bit of cutting edge against Brighton and again in midweek in the Champions League. I don't know if that's them hitting a brick wall.

I think they'll have just about enough here but it'll be a tense game.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2

BTW - Merson tips the dippers to win 2-1

Glad all over about about our prediction from Merson, because he has been predicting stupid scores for a while now!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Eagles (A)

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:This week Lawro is up against golfer Matt Fitzpatrick, who is in action at the Masters, which starts on Thursday at Augusta in the United States.
"It is amazing to play at Augusta," the Englishman told BBC Sport. "It is such a special place, with the fans, the way the course is and the history that it has. It is just great to be back this year."

Fitzpatrick, who uses a Sheffield United putter head cover and has the Blades badge and "S.U.F.C" stamped on his wedges, said: "I just have to makes sure everyone knows that is my team and that I follow them everywhere I go." He has won five professional titles and is ranked 35th in the world. He finished in a tie for 38th at the Masters last year. Fitzpatrick, 24, was a long-term season ticket holder at Bramall Lane when he was growing up but now follows the Blades from afar when he is on the tour.

"I would almost say I love football more than golf to be honest," he explained. "That's how big a fan I am.
"The good news is, with technology nowadays, it is pretty easy to follow them really. There is an app that I can log in and watch all the games.

Lawro says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47884778

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola cannot have been happy with the way his side played in their Champions League defeat by Tottenham on Tuesday, and I am expecting a reaction here.

Palace are safe - or as good as safe - after their win at Newcastle last week and, with only four wins from 16 games at Selhurst Park, their home record this season is not exactly impressive.

Lawro's prediction: 0-3

Matt's prediction: I think City will win this pretty comfortably. 0-3

FYI Lawro has Liverpool to win 2-0 too, but Matt is like every other football fan he wants them to lose 1-2.

Merson says

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... nday-tests

I think Man City win because Palace haven't been great - especially at home. But it's down to pressure, now. They could be 1-0 up and cruising, with five minutes to play. And then from a set play it could be 1-1 and that could be it.

It's getting to that stage. They lacked a bit of cutting edge against Brighton and again in midweek in the Champions League. I don't know if that's them hitting a brick wall.

I think they'll have just about enough here but it'll be a tense game.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2

BTW - Merson tips the dippers to win 2-1

Glad all over about about our prediction from Merson, because he has been predicting stupid scores for a while now!

See what you did there WW. Nice

Take any old win on Sunday. The old scruffy 1-0 Will do just fine
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Lawro & DC Predictions v Eagles (A)

Postby sheblue » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:28 am

Those two donkeys couldn't predict last week's scores.
It's simple we will win and the vermin will loose. ;)
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Return to The Maine Football forum