Let Him Talk

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Let Him Talk

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Don't know what happend with him and Silva yesterday, but let's not forget when Dave's kid had that problem last year, when KDB scored dedicated his goal to Merlin.

My 2 cents they have a strong relationship.

All of them have.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'm sorry Bob but I'm not having it that Silva is coasting either, this bloke went through the fucking wringer last season with his baba and yet still there week in week out fighting for this team.

He's slowing up now and he's not quite as effective as he once was but he never gives less than his all.

Agreed. He's far from coasting. He'd run through a brick wall for City! Can't imagine playing football whilst all that shit was going on at home last season. The guys a legend.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:34 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I'm sorry Bob but I'm not having it that Silva is coasting either, this bloke went through the fucking wringer last season with his baba and yet still there week in week out fighting for this team.

He's slowing up now and he's not quite as effective as he once was but he never gives less than his all.

Agreed. He's far from coasting. He'd run through a brick wall for City! Can't imagine playing football whilst all that shit was going on at home last season. The guys a legend.

So a you ! Top post..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stupot » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:36 pm

In our squad of great players - Kev is Number 1 for me and undroppable as he always offers something different.
Came back from a month out to a great game against Fulham. MOTM against Cardiff then gave that unbelievable ball to Jesus in the Semi.
Did more in his 2 minute plus stoppage cameo than the rest of the midfield put together at Spuds and then that fantastic pass again yesterday to Raz.
In that interview he just shows how much of a perfectionist he is. Interestingly he says he doesn't have too many friends but he's closest to Raz.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:46 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:i'm happy to see someone - anyone - in the club tell silva and aguero to pull their f*cking fingers out, b/c they've both been coasting for months.

WTF??!! Aguero's scored 16 goals since the turn of the year.

He wasn't telling anyone to pull their finger out by the way.

fine, a bit of an exaggeration for sergio but let's be real, he's been poor recently. and kdb absolutely was telling him to pull his finger out.

I think KDB was telling Sergio he should have been anticipating that pass and been on the end of it, but as I said above, I think Sergio might be carrying a niggly injury? He wants to play because these are the big matches all players want to shine in. However I think his body is telling him to be careful. I hope he's ok for the run in, Jesus is a big drop ATM.

Certainly looked that way yesterday.
He should have attacked that ball from Kev but it wasn't the only one he didn't show for.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:56 pm

well if you recall, city permitted him to miss MANY games for us last season so he could be with his family, even after the baby was (reported to be) fine. regardless that was last year and this is this year. this year, aside from the odd moment of quality here or there he's been very poor, e.g. one big reason why we lost to spurs was silva's lack of running and covering in midfield. imo.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:09 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

well if you recall, city permitted him to miss MANY games for us last season so he could be with his family, even after the baby was (reported to be) fine. regardless that was last year and this is this year. this year, aside from the odd moment of quality here or there he's been very poor, e.g. one big reason why we lost to spurs was silva's lack of running and covering in midfield. imo.

Silva put in more tackles against Spurs than the rest of midfield and attack combined.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

Silva put in more tackles against Spurs than the rest of midfield and attack combined.

So what - he’s there to provide assists - After watching the game later on last night he was still the Silva of 2019 - Average and I said in the match thread , average doth butter no parsnips!

We need him to be the Silva of old , no time for sentiment.

I’d still put Foden in ahead of him .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

So what - he’s there to provide assists - After watching the game later on last night he was still the Silva of 2019 - Average and I said in the match thread , average doth butter no parsnips!

We need him to be the Silva of old , no time for sentiment.

I’d still put Foden in ahead of him .

What the fuck do you mean 'so what'?

Bob bemoaned Silva's lack of running and covering, the fact that he put in more tackles than the rest of mid/attack combined contradicts that claim, that's fucking what.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby bigblue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Give over Mase, I'm sure you've never gone ott in the heat of the moment on a football pitch.

Mase was on a football pitch once. But his team were losing with 10 minutes to go and he sprinted off the field to the local pub and never got invited back again.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:

i only know what i saw, which was a lot of jogging and walking. if youre going to quote stats, what about his total distance run compared to the others? compared to a typical game from bernie?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

i only know what i saw, which was a lot of jogging and walking. if youre going to quote stats, what about his total distance run compared to the others? compared to a typical game from bernie?

Don't know, can't find them. Whatever about Silva losing half a yard or not being at his sharpest, I can't believe I'm on a City forum defending his work rate.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Don't know, can't find them. Whatever about Silva losing half a yard or not being at his sharpest, I can't believe I'm on a City forum defending his work rate.

why is not ok to discuss? im not calling him a c*nt or ignoring his past contributions. i think his workrate has dropped (better against CP). if you disagree then fair enough.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:An interesting read from DeBruyne here that gives a good insight into his character

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... et-me-talk

Quality that.

Future City captain once Kompany retires
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:44 pm

Mods please delete my thread.

Great article. I like the fact hes a moaner and wants to win at all costs. We need one of them. Someone with a bit of shittery but also an abs beast of a player.

He could be the difference between four trophies. He could win the lot for us in the next month.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:02 pm

The pass from Tin tin yesterday to kun , would have been buried by Edin , with his eyes closed.

Quite why Kun wasn't onto it , none of us know- except those training the team.

Tin tin was dead right to give him a bollocking .

However, i am sure it is all part of the game .

Last week he was pissed off because Jesus ignored the obvious pass for a tap in .

They both seemed very happy when Jesus nailed the third yesterday , on Palm Sunday .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:20 pm

bigblue wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Give over Mase, I'm sure you've never gone ott in the heat of the moment on a football pitch.

Mase was on a football pitch once. But his team were losing with 10 minutes to go and he sprinted off the field to the local pub and never got invited back again.

Sprint? Are you taking the piss, I've never sprinted anywhere in my life!!
Last edited by Mase on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:25 pm

Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Sprint? Are the taking the piss, I've never sprinted anywhere in my life!!

Ah you're right. Waddle was more the word I was looking for, cheers
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:34 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Sprint? Are the taking the piss, I've never sprinted anywhere in my life!!

Ah you're right. Waddle was more the word I was looking for, cheers

Minced*
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

why is not ok to discuss? im not calling him a c*nt or ignoring his past contributions. i think his workrate has dropped (better against CP). if you disagree then fair enough.

I can’t find distance covered for individual games, best I can do is overviews for the CL this season to date

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleagu ... index.html

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleagu ... index.html

According to that Silva covers 11.22km per 90

Bernardo covers 11.6km per 90
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum