A Very Important Week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

A Very Important Week

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:15 pm

How good is that we're in mid-April and still with a shout of all 4 trophies, this in itself is an accomplishment. However, even though I still think its high on impossible and something has yo give, it does get you a little nervous thinking about it.

I'm not sure what to think of this week, the difficulty s going yo bring to the squad and how we come out at the other side.

First up, Tottenham in the CL, who have a slender lead. We've proved we can outplay them and be at them but will that 1-0 deficit prove a little too much?

And them again in the league with them fighting for a top 4 place. None of us can afford to lose but who's going to have the legs to push on.

Finally we get to the Derby and a team that has gone so far backwards its hard to see them turning it around for a top 4 finish. As always, all the guys who come through the Spurs game will be well up for it but as it's a Derby there's always a chance of slipping up.

So, what are your thoughts, do we come through the battles unscathed and still in all comps or do we drop the ball somewhere?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: A Very Important Week

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:14 pm

I think we win the games but go out of CL on away goals. Can live with that if it happens
All four trophies would be nothing short of miraculous. Even the domestic treble has never been done before so that gives an idea of the magnitude of the task we face.

But as they say, one step at a time
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:30 pm

The thing is, playing Spurs tonight sort of leads to the weekend so I think we we have to win tonight to ensure our minds are in the right place going into the next game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Its a truly fantastic position to be in and we should not underestimate the achievement of getting to the position we currently enjoy, and the season we are having overall, especially considering we won the title last season and this season we are making a good fist at defending it (unlike previous).

Regarding this quadruple I personally feel that 4 is still very difficult and a step too far. I dont have any great desire for it anyway, the league is first and foremost for me. A domestic treble would be utterly stunning. My big fear is that tonight and Saturday will take too much out of us ahead of the derby, where anything can happen. We cant really afford to drop points Saturday or in the derby.

A very important week indeed.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:15 pm

sheblue wrote:Its a truly fantastic position to be in and we should not underestimate the achievement of getting to the position we currently enjoy, and the season we are having overall, especially considering we won the title last season and this season we are making a good fist at defending it (unlike previous).

Regarding this quadruple I personally feel that 4 is still very difficult and a step too far. I dont have any great desire for it anyway, the league is first and foremost for me. A domestic treble would be utterly stunning. My big fear is that tonight and Saturday will take too much out of us ahead of the derby, where anything can happen. We cant really afford to drop points Saturday or in the derby.

A very important week indeed.

The Rags got utterly annihilated last night, mate, having to work their socks off to keep it from being double figures. They've also got Everton at the weekend who will want to get one over them so no rest for them either. And, if they lose that game their heads will be on holiday as they know it will be near impossible to get top 4. I hope ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:46 pm

Still important.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 pm

Oh, absolutely. I am looking forward to us beating them again on Saturday. They players should have all the motivation they need to wipe the smiles off their faces. City fans should be up for it too. I wish I was going.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Michigan Blue » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:06 pm

If we have our tails up we will beat them. 4-3 flattered them immensely tonight.

Only fear is a hangover. The fans will get over this quickly and I only hope the team does as well.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 pm

Michigan Blue wrote:If we have our tails up we will beat them. 4-3 flattered them immensely tonight.

Only fear is a hangover. The fans will get over this quickly and I only hope the team does as well.

of the five goals city scored , one was disallowed and the other four were well made goals.

Spurs were gifted all their goals, one of which was brilliantly shot.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Saturday will tell us a lot about the character we have. Win the game and I think we go on to win the PL. The fans are angry about the decisions on Wednesday, so I’d the players themselves are spitting blood. Let’s see a big reaction and win the game that really matters
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:27 pm

nottsblue wrote:Saturday will tell us a lot about the character we have. Win the game and I think we go on to win the PL. The fans are angry about the decisions on Wednesday, so I’d the players themselves are spitting blood. Let’s see a big reaction and win the game that really matters

I think we will batter them like we did the other night .

Baldie has to play Sane - its fuckign insane that this is the guy that got us to the QF yet our illustrious leader only gave him 7 fuckign minutes of normal playing time over the 2 fuckign legs.

Shameful managing that was IMO..... .....he needs to play tomorrow from the off.

Silva D to be fucking rested.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:33 pm

We have said over and over, this season and last, this team , with the offensive flair , skills and energy. This team that every game creates so many chances, will one day turn a team over and score in doubles figures.

Let that be tomorrow please.

Lloris to return to the way he was at Scouse2.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Lets rip these fucking Spurs cunts a new one tomorrow ......... I despise everything about spurs and their fans after Wednesday night , so glad they have a big fuck off empty trophy cabinet to go with there empty as fuck mentality . FUCK OFF SPURS !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:05 pm

City64 wrote:Lets rip these fucking Spurs cunts a new one tomorrow ......... I despise everything about spurs and their fans after Wednesday night , so glad they have a big fuck off empty trophy cabinet to go with there empty as fuck mentality . FUCK OFF SPURS !!!

Got to agree with that. Their fans will be giving it out big time tomorrow and rightly so let's hope the boys are up for this and then onto the swamp on Wednesday. No fucking let up now boys
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:28 pm

salford city wrote:
City64 wrote:Lets rip these fucking Spurs cunts a new one tomorrow ......... I despise everything about spurs and their fans after Wednesday night , so glad they have a big fuck off empty trophy cabinet to go with there empty as fuck mentality . FUCK OFF SPURS !!!

Got to agree with that. Their fans will be giving it out big time tomorrow and rightly so let's hope the boys are up for this and then onto the swamp on Wednesday. No fucking let up now boys

Cunts. How fuckin dare they on the weekend they condemned Jesus to death as well.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

Cunts. How fuckin dare they on the weekend they condemned Jesus to death as well.

he's iin the hotel sleeping , getting ready for the game. :roll:
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:55 am

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:

he's iin the hotel sleeping , getting ready for the game. :roll:

He 100% goes on a bender the night before a match. Pep will be crossed.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:00 am

Did we resigned Navas?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Return to The Maine Football forum