VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:33 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
john68 wrote:The whole thing is quite simple once you realise that this has nothing whatsoever to do with football or football clubs. It is about multiglobal businesses creating a powerful cartel to ensure they maximise their profits and ensure that their maximised profits are protected.

UeFA is merely an administrative body who are controlled by its members' wishes.

The members are in turn controlled by their representative body, the European Clubs Association (ECA), which is in turn dominated and controlled by a small but exremely powerful cartel.

Never forget that the CL was designed by that cartel and foisted on UeFA under threat of a breakaway Euro Super League.

That powerful cartel have little interest in winning trophies, that is a sop to keep their customers interested and spending. Their only interest is the accounts sheet.
(witness the Arsenal model for years....don't compete with other major clubs in the transfer market, finish top 4, guarantee a place in pot 1, that is sufficient to continue the cycle,, as it did for many years.

First attack on their profits was Chelsea who were first disposed of disposed of in that infamous game v Barca and subsequently absorbed by increased qualification to 4 clubs,

PSG and City were the next attack on them. FFP delayed progress but ultimately failed. A series of investigations we now know were demanded by the cartel and UeFA complied, even after PSG had just passed one investigation and were forced to go to the COA.
Referees are a major onfield tool for corrupting match results but VAR gives them an even better tool.How can ythings go wrong when it is clearly shown on a screen and can be studied at length?

In rugby, the video and audio between the ref and VAR officials is public. We see see/hear what the ref wants and what tyhe ref sees. In football that is all kept away from the public and therefore the outcomes and decisions can be controlled can be controlled.

City and PSG are treated as a separate entity within UeFA and defined as Nation Clubs and because of their resources seen as a major threat to cartel profits that must be stopped.

Currently, PSG have just had a 2nd investigation by EuFA (at thre instigation of the cartel clubs) stopped by the Court of Sports Arbitration. City are under investigation by FIFA, UeFA and the FA.

Says it all really.

You brought this up many many moons ago - but yes , we are hated by them and they will use whatever is at their disposal to ensure we get fucked , the booing just makes them even more determined.

Nice to see your alive and well !

Top post John . I would also add that UEFA and the cartel don’t give two fucks about fans , grown men and women last night hardened football supporters sickened by the passion and emotion ripped from them in seconds amidst a glorious comeback vowing never to return to a football game again . Will be interesting to see how many turn up Saturday. Football the real loser last night and somehow at sometime UEFA needs to be held responsible..........

Just goes to show that our fans are capable of providing that kind of atmosphere , nothing to do with stewards , nothing to do with pricing , nothing to do with fuckall else apart from focusing on supporting the team for the whole fuckign match.

HATSoff to them but they should be doing this every home game !! just look at how we played ?? KDB a fuckign monster of a player !!

(Wont mention the defense )

City fans always turn it on for the big games at the Etihad , so many mundane games where we win easily in 2nd gear fans react accordingly it’s cool . Dippers get all emotional every game that’s why every fucker rips them to pieces and detest the thick cunts . City fans are cool and used to winning , most just have a good drink and enjoy the football we are fucking connoisseur,s ! Btw the game v the dippers at the Etihad in January was a better atmosphere than last night , proper tribal and nasty that one awesome !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:41 pm

No team, absolutely no team has an atmosphere like that all the time. None.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:58 pm

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john68 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Thanks Carl, all is as well as could be expected for an old withering cunt approaching 70yrs mate.
Hope all is ythriving for you and yours.
Maybe it's age or the manifestion of me becoming (even more of) a grumpy old fart.

I don't think it has anything to do with hate, it is quite simply a group of multiglobal companies protecting and defending the wall they have built around them to make as much money as possible and to fuck with anyone who they believe stands in their way or challenges their position.

The owners of these companies give not a fuck for anyone nor anything, fans, clubs, football as a sport. They are devoid of emotion. Not just the old cartel but the football institutions, FiFA, UeFA, the FA, all run by money men looking to fill the pockets and the bank balances of anyone they can mug.

and yes, despite my knowing this, I still get angry about last night, I still feel anger about Liverpool last season, but my City addiction of 63yrs still compells me to hope and dream.

Too long in the (few) teeth I have left to change now, but so fukkin angry that those fukker have stolen football for the generations that follow.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 pm

john68 wrote:Thanks Carl, all is as well as could be expected for an old withering cunt approaching 70yrs mate.
Hope all is ythriving for you and yours.
Maybe it's age or the manifestion of me becoming (even more of) a grumpy old fart.

I don't think it has anything to do with hate, it is quite simply a group of multiglobal companies protecting and defending the wall they have built around them to make as much money as possible and to fuck with anyone who they believe stands in their way or challenges their position.

The owners of these companies give not a fuck for anyone nor anything, fans, clubs, football as a sport. They are devoid of emotion. Not just the old cartel but the football institutions, FiFA, UeFA, the FA, all run by money men looking to fill the pockets and the bank balances of anyone they can mug.

and yes, despite my knowing this, I still get angry about last night, I still feel anger about Liverpool last season, but my City addiction of 63yrs still compells me to hope and dream.

Too long in the (few) teeth I have left to change now, but so fukkin angry that those fukker have stolen football for the generations that follow.

All is well my side mate - off to the far east for 6 to 12 months shortly (Hopefully) to expand our growing empire then back to the Caribbean....if all goes well I wont be selling coconuts on the beach in my later years )))

As for last night - I got complaints from the snotty mardy cunt next door neighbor for the screaming and shouting I was doing especially when that 5th went in ............. I ran into the fuckign garden like a demented cunt only to be smacked in the mouth by VAR a few seconds later (The neighbor got a fuckign mouthful I can tell you !!).....it fucking stinks and it stinks even more when you see more evidence of the handball Video the very next day...I'm in no better mood today than I was yesterday.

What can we do ?????................. we do what we have always done mate , even when we were shit , we carry on supporting our team and we carry on taking the piss out of ourselves and everyone else along the way......just as we do in our daily lives.

Keep well bud !!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby blues2win » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Llorente admits handball. I was screwed and I thought they’d cancel it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby City64 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:52 pm

Llorente has just admitted the ball hit his arm . “I was screwed I had to celebrate I knew they would cancel it “

Game is fucked ladies and gents !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:05 pm

I wonder if we will get journalists calling for a replay like they did with the Swansea match.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:12 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:https://twitter.com/Atishay_Agarwal/status/1118615467424227329

Just had this sent to me clearly showing a handball for spurs 3rd goal . Now it transpired a certain ex ref scouse cunt namely Peter Walton refused to show this angle to ref via VAR

BENT !!!!

WTF !!...Is this genuine ? if so its a fucking disgrace !!!......we never saw this angle on the shitty replays.

And PeP still wonders why the city fans boo this fuckign shite competition !!!!!

Actually Carl, i mentioned it even last night. We clearly saw on TV what the ref saw as he was watching and what we saw , he was not shown .

So yes , there has to be questions about the implementation of VAR,

Walton also made dubious and incorrect staements about the fifth goal , which should have been allowed. Also, why didn't the referee not check the screen replay again on the fifth goal . As Erikson said , he got away with it . He knew it was a legit goal.

What actually are the rules. I don't know anymore. Kun was offside but does the fact it ricocheted off Bernardo have any bearing? I thought it did.
As for the handball. I thought it's not intentional. But he scored a goal and gained an advantage by controlling it first on his arm (controlling might be stretching it). That doesn't seem right.

Mistakes will happen with or without VAR. The sinister thing was always going to be how it is implemented.
It's outrageous that nobody was shown that angle last night. The ref definitely should have but the likes of BT and Sky and their selective interpretations are equally culpable in perpetuating the myths to the masses. They don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:25 pm

MEN Sport asked Uefa who makes the decision on which angles the referee sees but they have offered no answer as yet.

They indicated that there is a dialogue between the referee and the VAR – and that he control room has every available camera feed.

That leaves open the question as to why the referee repeatedly watched an angle from which the handball was not apparent.

A Uefa spokesperson simply said when asked to comment: “All relevant angles were made available to the referee to take his decision last night.”

I'm not even going to go into the Agenda subject as its been done to death........just more and more evidence to add to the other load of evidence gathered over the years.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:24 pm

VAR IS STILL A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS IT WILL RUIN THE GAME.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:27 pm

It depends very much what our reaction will be to this. Khaldoo & Mansour.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby BookJunior » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:50 pm

We know the game is bent. Fifa, Uefa, PGMOL, Media etc.

For starters, conflicts of interest exist everywhere and yet people are still recruited.

Josep(h) knows more than ever the nature of his battle but I'm hoping for patience with players like Sané.

Mind you he's correct about the quadruple of trophies.

UEFA have ringfenced the game in Europe to make it almost impossible to win all 4.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby BookJunior » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:03 pm

sheblue wrote:VAR IS STILL A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS IT WILL RUIN THE GAME.

I'm all in favour of Science helping referees but the problem exists with decision makers above and constant changes of rules.

Uefa should stop changing rules and guidelines and then educate new referees.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:03 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Just had this sent to me clearly showing a handball for spurs 3rd goal . Now it transpired a certain ex ref scouse cunt namely Peter Walton refused to show this angle to ref via VAR

BENT !!!!

WTF !!...Is this genuine ? if so its a fucking disgrace !!!......we never saw this angle on the shitty replays.

And PeP still wonders why the city fans boo this fuckign shite competition !!!!!

Actually Carl, i mentioned it even last night. We clearly saw on TV what the ref saw as he was watching and what we saw , he was not shown .

Walton also made dubious and incorrect staements about the fifth goal , which should have been allowed. Also, why didn't the referee not check the screen replay again on the fifth goal . As Erikson said , he got away with it . He knew it was a legit goal.

What actually are the rules. I don't know anymore. Kun was offside but does the fact it ricocheted off Bernardo have any bearing? I thought it did.
As for the handball. I thought it's not intentional. But he scored a goal and gained an advantage by controlling it first on his arm (controlling might be stretching it). That doesn't seem right.

Mistakes will happen with or without VAR. The sinister thing was always going to be how it is implemented.
It's outrageous that nobody was shown that angle last night. The ref definitely should have but the likes of BT and Sky and their selective interpretations are equally culpable in perpetuating the myths to the masses. They don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Why do you write this ?

It was shown repeatedly from three angles .Including the one where his arm hits the ball. It then drops to his upper thigh.

As i said earlier , we were seeing three positions on the same screen as they were showing the ref only seeing (ever) two views and not the handball.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:15 pm

That razza goal was quality. Var has robbed us of an amazing experience and will continue to kill the game. Celebrating like a madman only to see the goal chalked off just makes me never want to risk it again. Emotion has been sucked out of our beautiful game.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:04 pm

london blue 2 wrote:That razza goal was quality. Var has robbed us of an amazing experience and will continue to kill the game. Celebrating like a madman only to see the goal chalked off just makes me never want to risk it again. Emotion has been sucked out of our beautiful game.

I said to someone today, we'll soon see stadiums full of fans just sat there when a goal goes in because they don't know whether to celebrate or not. And by the time the goal is given it won't be a genuine celebration.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:32 pm

zuricity wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

BENT !!!!

Why do you write this ?

It was shown repeatedly from three angles .Including the one where his arm hits the ball. It then drops to his upper thigh.

As i said earlier , we were seeing three positions on the same screen as they were showing the ref only seeing (ever) two views and not the handball.

Why do I say it?
Because I don’t know what offside is or handball anymore.
It was handball and it was offside. VAR gave one and not the other and we were fed the narrative that both decisions were correct.
But was one given because it wasn’t intentional. I don’t think so. I think the ref was shown replays that led him to believe there was no handball.
From recollection the ref didn’t even review the offside. He was just told it definitely was. If so does that not mean someone other than the ref decided Bernardo’s touch was a pass? Does that matter?
I don’t know.

But the idea of VAR is good. It works in other sports. But the implementation of it in football is shady and always was going to be.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:57 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ague-spurs

He was really quiet at the handball.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:03 pm

PeterParker wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/23/mauricio-pochettino-var-premier-league-spurs

He was really quiet at the handball.

Probably the most overrated manager around. Won fuck all.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum