VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:23 pm

Simister wrote:
zuricity wrote:Actually, i would like to see VAR binned, but for this season , they have to stick with the way it is being implemented otherwise the season becomes a farce.

Actually it couldn't be more of a farce than it is now, and if VAR was dropped now it might make Livarpool a bit nervous.

According to the "no VAR table" Liverpool are still first and a handful of points above us
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Scatman » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:42 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Simister wrote:
zuricity wrote:Actually, i would like to see VAR binned, but for this season , they have to stick with the way it is being implemented otherwise the season becomes a farce.

Actually it couldn't be more of a farce than it is now, and if VAR was dropped now it might make Livarpool a bit nervous.

According to the "no VAR table" Liverpool are still first and a handful of points above us

But that's only because now they're so far ahead they've started giving other teams a fair go to make it look balanced
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby aaron bond » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:42 pm

The second VAR review today was a strange one:
- Mahrez was flagged for offside by the linesman
- Before the ref blew the whistle Mahrez went down in the penalty box
- VAR reviewed it and showed Mahrez wasn’t offside
- VAR then reviewed if we should have had a penalty but decided no penalty
- The ref restarted play with a free kick for offside even though VAR showed it actually wasn’t offside

Perhaps I misread the situation but that’s what appeared to happen to me. But how can the ref proceed with the free kick for offside even when it was shown to be incorrect?
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:44 pm

aaron bond wrote:The second VAR review today was a strange one:
- The ref restarted play with a free kick for offside even though VAR showed it actually wasn’t offside

Perhaps I misread the situation but that’s what appeared to happen to me. But how can the ref proceed with the free kick for offside even when it was shown to be incorrect?

Did you expect anything better ? these idiots do not know what they are doing.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:45 pm

Has the VAR review taken place for the scissor tackle on Fern? Ni, thought bot. Must admit to not know the rules but am guessing they are not bumping up incorrect yellows to red?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:46 pm

It was given as handball against Mahrez.

Despite the fact it wasn’t handball. I honestly think the VAR shat himself and couldn’t bring himself to award a penalty and giving a handball was his get out of jail card
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:52 pm

salford city wrote:Has the VAR review taken place for the scissor tackle on Fern? Ni, thought bot. Must admit to not know the rules but am guessing they are not bumping up incorrect yellows to red?

Definite RED there.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:41 pm

zuricity wrote:
salford city wrote:Has the VAR review taken place for the scissor tackle on Fern? Ni, thought bot. Must admit to not know the rules but am guessing they are not bumping up incorrect yellows to red?

Definite RED there.

Happened right in front of us in 121 , looked a scissor kick and the linesman 5 yards away and the ref about the same , diabolical .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:39 am

Just seen the Villa goal that was disallowed. What a load of bollocks.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby ayrshireblue » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:33 am

nottsblue wrote:

Despite the fact it wasn’t handball. I honestly think the VAR shat himself and couldn’t bring himself to award a penalty and giving a handball was his get out of jail card

The ref signalled for offside after the VAR check. The easy out was to call the handball which it may well have been, he was onside and it wasn't a penalty so it would have had no controversy if he had given a foul for handball and moved on. The process must have taken at least two minutes though and that was all the time added on at the end of the first half. They are just making it up as they go along.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby aaron bond » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:31 am

ayrshireblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

The ref signalled for offside after the VAR check. The easy out was to call the handball which it may well have been, he was onside and it wasn't a penalty so it would have had no controversy if he had given a foul for handball and moved on. The process must have taken at least two minutes though and that was all the time added on at the end of the first half. They are just making it up as they go along.

That’s what I thought too. I’m sure the ref had his hand raised for an indirect free kick. Plus it was taken where Mahrez was ‘offside’.

I think in this case the linesman should not have put his flag up and then VAR would have checked the incident if we had scored or a foul had occurred.

But as the linesman did put his flag up it messed things up and they restarted play with a free kick for an offside that VAR showed did not happen.

A quite incredible error!
aaron bond

Postby sidSmith » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:47 am

Without VAR, we'd be 2nd and Dippers would be 3 points ahead as it stands.

Don't get me wrong, they deserve to be ahead, but it just shows how the league has been massively influenced by this shit. 3/6 points and the league is still a competition...
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:16 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Just seen the Villa goal that was disallowed. What a load of bollocks.

Fucking daft - mirror running a story about bored leave being stripped of VAR if they don’t sort it out soon - fucking fingers crossec, it’s absolutely killing the game
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:16 am

Wooders wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Just seen the Villa goal that was disallowed. What a load of bollocks.

Fucking daft - mirror running a story about premier league being stripped of VAR if they don’t sort it out soon - fucking fingers crossec, it’s absolutely killing the game
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby harveytravis » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:44 am

sidSmith wrote:Without VAR, we'd be 2nd and Dippers would be 3 points ahead as it stands.

Don't get me wrong, they deserve to be ahead, but it just shows how the league has been massively influenced by this shit. 3/6 points and the league is still a competition...

Second and Six points behind LiVARpool according to Dorksport yestrday!!

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you....

Think on..
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby budfox » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:02 am

Those in charge clearly know VAR has been a disaster, and I doubt that there's a single fan in the country who completely approves of how it has been managed and used.

I suspect they'll make minor changes for next year, with the obvious one some kind of margin for error on offsides.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Scatman » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:09 am

Wooders wrote:

Fucking daft - mirror running a story about bored leave being stripped of VAR if they don’t sort it out soon - fucking fingers crossec, it’s absolutely killing the game

The general secretary of IFAB says it is being used too forensically and that clear and obvious, the basic principle, needs to be applied and should be evident on the first video replay, not the umpteenth.

This is good. They will reissue the guidelines, tell the premier league they must tow the line, and the Premier league can save face while swallowing their pride and putting it right.
Scatman

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:13 am

budfox wrote:Those in charge clearly know VAR has been a disaster, and I doubt that there's a single fan in the country who completely approves of how it has been managed and used.

I suspect they'll make minor changes for next year, with the obvious one some kind of margin for error on offsides.

Don't need a margin of error, just apply the 'clear and obvious' rule, if you need to start drawing lines to determine whether someone is fractionally offside then it's not 'clear and obvious' and original ruling should stand.

This has been said numerous times but pitchside monitors need to be used too, they say the ref has final say, if that's the case then give him another look so he can have the final say and is not relying on someone else's interpretation.

I've seen some opinion pieces suggesting we're reaping what we've sown with VAR, the suggestion seems to be that we wanted perfection, I don't believe that's the case, I believe we just wanted technology used to cut out the major blunders, not to deliberate over subjective decisions.

PGMOL should apply VAR the way IFAB propose it's applied and stop being a shower of arrogant cunts thinking they know better than the rest of the world.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:46 am

budfox wrote:Those in charge clearly know VAR has been a disaster, and I doubt that there's a single fan in the country who completely approves of how it has been managed and used.

I reckon the dipper fans are pretty pleased with it so far.
gmercer1

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:00 am

Re the pitchside monitors, agree entirely with this HOWEVER, this needs to be implemented alongside the referees being miked-up to the 4th official / VAR cheat so that there is absolute transparency. Having the ref look at a monitor whilst in effect, going through the motions is not going to solve anything if the little VAR voice in his ear has already made the call
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum