VAR

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: VAR

Postby zuricity » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:13 pm

patrickblue wrote:When they were discussing it on motd they were saying that they should turn around the offside rule so that if any part of the body a player can score with is onside, the player is onside.
Sounds good to me.

And while we're on offside rules, why are players knocking in rebounds from the keeper being given offside. When was that changed?

The current wiki definition appears to be the same as the FA's definition in that the
arm and hand is not included in an offside, only the head , body , legs and feet . So why was the hand used as an excuse at Klanfield yesterday ?

i mean , it makes sense that the hands and arms would not be considered because playing the ball with the hand or arm results in a handball situation.

Apart from the fact that if we didn't have arms and hands we'd be extinct.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:42 pm

patrickblue wrote:When they were discussing it on motd they were saying that they should turn around the offside rule so that if any part of the body a player can score with is onside, the player is onside.
Sounds good to me.

And while we're on offside rules, why are players knocking in rebounds from the keeper being given offside. When was that changed?

For the rebound question, it depends on whether the player was in an offside position when the original shot was taken. If they were offside at that point in time then the goal will be disallowed.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:15 pm

Just had a look on the Wolves forum and they're fuming. "Just give Liverpool the league now"
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:38 pm

Mase wrote:Just had a look on the Wolves forum and they're fuming. "Just give Liverpool the league now"

That offside was more ridiculous than almost any I've ever seen.

Espirito Santo seemed as if he was about to lose it in the post-match interview.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:45 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:Just had a look on the Wolves forum and they're fuming. "Just give Liverpool the league now"

That offside was more ridiculous than almost any I've ever seen.

Espirito Santo seemed as if he was about to lose it in the post-match interview.

Kasper already called them out and it seems to have been brushed under the carpet. I think they don't want to make a meal of it as it'll highlight the corruption even more.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 pm

The more this shit VAR gets called out the more PIGMOL the TV companies and the PL pull ranks , it absolutely stinks of corruption !
Millimetres in an offside decision is FUCKING LEVEL AND LEVEL IS ONSIDE fuck off with your corrupt techno shit !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 pm

The more this shit VAR gets called out the more PIGMOL the TV companies and the PL pull ranks , it absolutely stinks of corruption !
Millimetres in an offside decision is FUCKING LEVEL AND LEVEL IS ONSIDE fuck off with your corrupt techno shit !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:42 pm

IFAB are to reiterate to PiGMOL the way that VAR is to be used, again.

There was never a regulation for the VAR to rule out goals for the slightest looking offside as they understand that the technology is not good enough to be accurate. It was always the plan that if it was clear and obvious then the VAR should intervene and allow the infield ref to use the monitor and decide if a decision needs to be changed.

Somehow, which nobody seems to know why, PiGMOL and the PL decided against the mandated use of VAR and opted for their own version. The very fact that IFAB have issued a statement says exactly what has been going on behind the scenes of the PL.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:05 pm

I fully expect one day to see an offside photo frame shown with a line looping round a City player hand-drawn with a black sharpie, à la Trump’s weather map.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:07 am

Whether it's an attacker being slightly forward or slightly backward of a defender, the gap will still be minimal. It solves nothing.
Unless you have super accurate measuring there is no such thing as level.
This clear and obvious is the key.
I never wanted VAR and it's even worse than I thought it would be.
Whilst it's a subjective opinion, the controversy will never really be settled.
There is worse to come. Once we get used to the fact that every goal is possibly going to be ruled out, the wild celebrations will stop. Once that happens, there is little point in being a supporter. It's the best part, the pay off for all the dross you watch.

I sum VAR up with "Solves nothing, ruins everything.

Bin it off now before it does anymore damage!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:19 am

Actually, i would like to see VAR binned, but for this season , they have to stick with the way it is being implemented otherwise the season becomes a farce.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:28 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Whether it's an attacker being slightly forward or slightly backward of a defender, the gap will still be minimal. It solves nothing.
Unless you have super accurate measuring there is no such thing as level.
This clear and obvious is the key.
I never wanted VAR and it's even worse than I thought it would be.
Whilst it's a subjective opinion, the controversy will never really be settled.
There is worse to come. Once we get used to the fact that every goal is possibly going to be ruled out, the wild celebrations will stop. Once that happens, there is little point in being a supporter. It's the best part, the pay off for all the dross you watch.

I sum VAR up with "Solves nothing, ruins everything.

Bin it off now before it does anymore damage!

and might i add , it depends on when the ball is released forward from the passing player, with whatever part of his body it can be legally played forward.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:10 pm

I note that the PL have been called out by the media for the assistance VAR has given them this season so far. LiVARpool was one headline and the table showing how they’ve benefitted and would only be 6 points clear are just 2 examples. A good time to bury these story’s, I think.

What is not written about is where the decisions haven’t been referred to VAR such as the TAA handball, Van Dikes clattering of an Everton player in the box during the Derby or the none VAR review of a possible offside for Salah against us. That’s just a few of many, and this, following the extraordinary amount of dodgy decisions last season, just proves to me how special the Treble Season was.

When you not only have to beat the teams around you but beat the establishment who are trying to halt your progress, it’s an outstanding achievement. Against all odds!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:22 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:There is worse to come. Once we get used to the fact that every goal is possibly going to be ruled out, the wild celebrations will stop. Once that happens, there is little point in being a supporter. It's the best part, the pay off for all the dross you watch.

You're quite right. At the moment in the short term it's the fact that the PL are using it for their own ends that is winding everyone up, but long term it'll kill football as a spectator sport for the reason you've quoted.

Still, maybe that's what the PL want, the match going public are just an inconvenience to them.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:33 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:There is worse to come. Once we get used to the fact that every goal is possibly going to be ruled out, the wild celebrations will stop. Once that happens, there is little point in being a supporter. It's the best part, the pay off for all the dross you watch.

You're quite right. At the moment in the short term it's the fact that the PL are using it for their own ends that is winding everyone up, but long term it'll kill football as a spectator sport for the reason you've quoted.

Still, maybe that's what the PL want, the match going public are just an inconvenience to them.

Good - Ill then start watching Rugby (My mate owns the Wolf Pack ) and Ill get my enjoyment from that.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:27 pm

VAR is not the problem. Its the English refs. Theyre not using it properly. The IFAB--or whomever--just said as much.
The Bundesliga is using it much better and both the ARs and VAR refs are doing well.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:31 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:VAR is not the problem. Its the English refs. Theyre not using it properly. The IFAB--or whomever--just said as much.
The Bundesliga is using it much better and both the ARs and VAR refs are doing well.

Our game is corrupt , that’s the problem
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Simister » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I note that the PL have been called out by the media for the assistance VAR has given them this season so far. LiVARpool was one headline and the table showing how they’ve benefitted and would only be 6 points clear are just 2 examples. A good time to bury these story’s, I think.

What is not written about is where the decisions haven’t been referred to VAR such as the TAA handball, Van Dikes clattering of an Everton player in the box during the Derby or the none VAR review of a possible offside for Salah against us. That’s just a few of many, and this, following the extraordinary amount of dodgy decisions last season, just proves to me how special the Treble Season was.

When you not only have to beat the teams around you but beat the establishment who are trying to halt your progress, it’s an outstanding achievement. Against all odds!

Exactly
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Simister » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:58 pm

zuricity wrote:Actually, i would like to see VAR binned, but for this season , they have to stick with the way it is being implemented otherwise the season becomes a farce.

Actually it couldn't be more of a farce than it is now, and if VAR was dropped now it might make Livarpool a bit nervous.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Fucking cunt spuds benefit yet again. should be 2 down after an obvious handball that mike dean and VAR predictably ignore.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum